Official: Pakistan Vs England 1st Test Day 3 thread

Hun kyoon naee umpire offer kerday light apne payo nuu?

dil_dil_pakistan said:
chill out

IF I HAVE TO DELETE/EDIT ONE MORE OF YOUR POSTS, IT WILL BE THE LAST POST YOU MAKE IN THIS TEST

Bob's got a new laptop after smashing his other one.

Just couple balls Younis had to stay, or can we blame the umpires for not going off sooner? :p

It's over.. we lost YK sadly however we have almost taken over the trail!

Pakistan -19 for 2 at close on day 3.

Inzi, MoYo, Raza, Akmal and Butt still there.

If we can set England a target of 200-220 then it will not be easy. We are by no means out of this game.

Damn, YK. He needed to hang in there for just 1 more over, and we would have been in a good position. Now, tomorrow, Sami will get out for a low score, and we will be 3 down without a lead. That is going to play on the players minds. Damn. :12:

irfan said:
damn that YK wkt will open the floodgates as in the 1st inns.

YAAR, IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. KALI ZABAN :p

Does anyone know wat happened to MOYO?

Why was he of the field for so long? Is he injured, can he still bat?

Sorry if answered before.

Overall a very good day for Pak, atleast we have a chance now yesterday many had written us off.

Adeel mein bhi yehi kehne laga tha but a bit more politely :)))

yk said:
Does anyone know wat happened to MOYO?

Why was he of the field for so long? Is he injured, can he still bat?

Sorry if answered before.

He has a shoulder problem bt should be able to bat, he was on the field for the last coupl of overs when Pak was bowling.

I think we're still in this game...but time for Inzi, Moyo and Raza to make it count.

Salman Butt has a huge role to play tommorow. Definetely the most important innings of his carear so far.

Daoud said:
Salman Butt has a huge role to play tommorow. Definetely the most important innings of his carear so far.

Well I dearly hope that he doesnt get out first thing in the morning but I have been following Pakistan cricket for quite a while now and the trend says that he will.

Poor concentration and professionalism lets us down again. YK gets out with only an over to go. That wicket swings the complexion of the game back to England. One down and it was 50 / 50.

Amoeba said:
Poor concentration and professionalism lets us down again. YK gets out with only an over to go. That wicket swings the complexion of the game back to England. One down and it was 50 / 50.

I agree.

It might not be that bad that Moyo is injured/Ill, as long as he plays. I have seen so many players make centuries when they are not feeling well. Anwars 194 was made when he felt sick.

come on guys, there's still hope for us, 150+ score on a 4,5 day pitch is no easy task especially with kaneria in our ranks. Just enjoy the game! :19:

shabbu1 said:
come on guys, there's still hope for us, 150+ score on a 4,5 day pitch is no easy task especially with kaneria in our ranks. Just enjoy the game! :19:

ha the same Kaneria whose mystery balls got spanked all around the park by Trescothick.

It was really disapoiting in the end but if we compare it how we finished yesterday and this morning again, it doesn't look that bad at all.
With Younis Khan in at the close of stumps, we had some chance of winning as well but it's gone down by at leasy 30-40%. We can still have a draw if we play well tomorrow but it was a good effort by Younis and Salman Butt.

ahwww dammitt Yonis, kyon offstump ke bahir punga liya....same for shoaib M but he has an excuse, he is not a natural opener and not in teh same class of batter as younis.. well it will be touch and go tomorrow. we need 280 runs minimum by other side of tea.. that means centuries from atleast 2 batters.

Butt and Saeed, too early to compare but no the style and technique is totally different..at no time does he remind me of Saeed.

On swing well kokaburra or dukes..wasim and waqar were the masters. They lifted the seam though as does flinty & Hoggard..but I am not complaining..everyone did it and does it..it's just that paks were ostracised for being cheaters and now all is quiet on the media front..

Tresy may not be a glamourous cricketer but he is pretty solid in his role as a captain and more than solid in his batting, basically teh difference between the two teams so far.His field placings have been excellent and fielding by England is top notch.

Beera picked up some wickets which ws good as he proved me wrong..sami still sami and kaneria's mystery ball ..well can someone tell the english batters that there is a mystery ball dammitt..show some respect!!

Nauman said:
ha the same Kaneria whose mystery balls got spanked all around the park by Trescothick.

Yeah and i bet ya he will give the same response after this match as the one he gave after Mohali when asked about his mystery ball.

'I didnt bowl it in this match'

::J

"Nadeem you are over rating Anwar a tad, he was just an above average test opener nothing compared to the likes of great openers, he didnt even have a single duble hundred to his name, IMO even Trescothick is a better test player then him. Note the word test, as far as ODIs are concerned I agree he is/was one of the greats of ODI cricket. But remember Saeed had a very ordinary start to his career too and Butt's start is way better then his so comparing Butt to Saeed at his best is a tad unfair on Butt."....Nauman

Nauman i think u didnt understand my point. U're too engrossed in stats. I saw anwars 194 and theres no way that lara, hayden, langer, tresco are more talented than him. THats my point. Majid KHan didnt have an over 40 avg but he still ranks as the best ever player of pace.

1000 posts completed..................let's stop posting on this thread now :)

Nauman, if anything Anwar was under appreciated and his loss is only really being felt. Yes, he wasnt perfect - and had a terrible level of fitness - he played less than 50 tests in his 10 year carear or so.

However he averaged about 45 and at a time where he was facing bowlers like McGrath, Warne, Donald, Pollock, Ambrose and Walsh, thats a very good record. Not all time great, but certainly world class. He also averaged 59 in Australia and had an excellent overall record against them. If the ability of a player is gauged by his record against the best, then he was certainly up there.

wow great stuff from pak!!! i knew dani would shine, the overs i saw of him were brill!! well done beera!! akhtar bowled well! when did akhtar come back? coz he went of the field? and whats the latest on moyo shoulder??

nadeem said:
Nauman i think u didnt understand my point. U're too engrossed in stats. I saw anwars 194 and theres no way that lara, hayden, langer, tresco are more talented than him. THats my point. Majid KHan didnt have an over 40 avg but he still ranks as the best ever player of pace.

I think you didn't understand Nauman's point.

Anwar was an exceptional ODI player, who was able to give lighting starts to innings by graceful strokeplay. There is also no doubt that his strokeplay was a sight for sore eyes, much in the same way as VVS Laxman, he was an extremely stylish batsman.

However, as far as Tests are concerned, he was a good Test opener, but not good enough IMO to be rated world class. Yes he had a pretty good record in Australia, but then by that argument Ijaz Ahmed would be world class, because he has the best record against Australia amongst all the Pakistanis. Same goes for Saleem Malik. All three, Malik, Ijaz and Anwar, were very good players, but not world class.

mods .. anyone ... sorry guys, i'm posting this again but i'm having trouble with my browser, the drop down menus aren't working. i've got the report for day 3 ready, where should i send it? thanks.

zaf1986 said:
I think you didn't understand Nauman's point.

Anwar was an exceptional ODI player, who was able to give lighting starts to innings by graceful strokeplay. There is also no doubt that his strokeplay was a sight for sore eyes, much in the same way as VVS Laxman, he was an extremely stylish batsman.

However, as far as Tests are concerned, he was a good Test opener, but not good enough IMO to be rated world class. Yes he had a pretty good record in Australia, but then by that argument Ijaz Ahmed would be world class, because he has the best record against Australia amongst all the Pakistanis. Same goes for Saleem Malik. All three, Malik, Ijaz and Anwar, were very good players, but not world class.

Anwar was world class mate.

Averaged 44 in tests as an opener during good bowling attacks

zaf1986 said:
Remind me how much Inzi averages?

check inzi's averages in the 90s.you will find it different from the 50 he averages today.

And he is not even an opener playing the new ball.

Elan Tedronai said:
check inzi's averages in the 90s.you will find it different from the 50 he averages today.

Elan that is an unfair comment, the fact that Inzi is averaging 50 these days and not as much in the 90's is because back then he was establishing himslef in the Pak team. The fact that he averages 50 today has nothing to do with the good bowling attacks of the 90's, its just that he is now at the peak of his carear and is begining to blosum. Anwar, although possibly the greatest opener to play for Pakistan ever, was not the greatest batsmen to play for Pak ever and that reflects in his entire carear average of 44. The greatest batsmen however are guys like Inzi and Miandad.

As for play today, Pakistan have opened the gates for themselfs and have actually fought back!!! That was something missing dearly from pak, an actual fightback and today they have shown it! Well done boys, keep it up!!!

Anwar, although possibly the greatest opener to play for Pakistan ever, was not the greatest batsmen to play for Pak ever and that reflects in his entire carear average of 44. The greatest batsmen however are guys like Inzi and Miandad.

Hanif Mohammad has to take that title.

Elan Tedronai said:

Saeed's average of his whole career is 39.

Inzi's is higher now, and was higher in the 90s. Yet you consider Saeed "world class" but not Inzi. ::J

Back