England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

This is statement exposed that you're fan of Australia's .

Forget about indian or SRT .no australia fan want root/ England to succeed just like indian / Pakistan fans wish to success arch rivals .
What do you mean no Aussie fan wants root to succeed?

I want root to pass Sachin cause ik smith ain't going to. Aus vs England is not as big or heated as Pak vs India

What do you mean no Aussie fan wants root to succeed?

I want root to pass Sachin cause ik smith ain't going to. Aus vs England is not as big or heated as Pak vs India
aussies dont even hate poms lmao
its just banter
aussies bend over for poms in the real world.

its a myth haha.

its all just sporting banter. like big brother little bro thing

there is a reason why australia is still not independent. we are still under english monarchy

You just wanted Tendulkar record broken 🫠
no i never liked england. i dont care about tenda one bit. go ahead and break that record.
these stats are meaningless. root took less innnings to achieve his runs already. so he is ahead if you think of conversion rate.

England need to score 300 runs from next two sessions then they can win this test.

230+ Runs leads can put pakistan under pressure so they can crumble on any pitch .

England need to score 300 runs from next two sessions then they can win this test.

230+ Runs leads can put pakistan under pressure so they can crumble on any pitch .
Bat till Tea. Declare at 900 tomorrow and let Pakistan survive the last 4 sessions of the Test match.

no i never liked england. i dont care about tenda one bit. go ahead and break that record.
these stats are meaningless. root took less innnings to achieve his runs already. so he is ahead if you think of conversion rate.
I hate Indian supporters now because I find them to be total hypocrites left and right imposing their will on others.

They think it's funny and that everything is their baap's Medan.

All these people became totally unlikeable after 2024 victory and started disrespecting every single nation and every single cricketer deapite hypocritically saying we don't care and no fan this or that.

They were far better when they undermined their team and I actually supported them but now all of them are disrespectful wannabes minus a very very select few on this forumn.

Everyone shows their mask eventually

Duckett says we will try to get as big a lead as possible .... declare at 700 ?

Stumps (Day 3) at Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan

England: 492-3 (101 ov)

Pakistan: 556 all out (149 ov)

So Amir Sohail's claim of "pitch will start taking turn" after 3rd day tea is just a crackpot prediction.

You could be right but my bet is that Leach will get Fifer not Bash
I think Leach is the one who will create pressure and his bowling will result in Bashir getting a fifer. Bashir will get more out of pitch. If it shows signs of turn. Bashir is also taller hence the height.

Not to mention Pakistani batters have problem against off spinners.

This pitch has no demons but Pakistan can create Cerberus even on Earth and bury themselves on this pitch.

I hate Indian supporters now because I find them to be total hypocrites left and right imposing their will on others.

They think it's funny and that everything is their baap's Medan.

All these people became totally unlikeable after 2024 victory and started disrespecting every single nation and every single cricketer deapite hypocritically saying we don't care and no fan this or that.

They were far better when they undermined their team and I actually supported them but now all of them are disrespectful wannabes minus a very very select few on this forumn.

Everyone shows their mask eventually
you arent referring to me are you ? cause i dont go around disrespecting every nation. i dislike a few. i mean the hate is real but its mostly about cricket.

forget speed camps. make spin camps. need to find 2 good spinners. for god sake. make the next 2 pithces more spicy

bring in dahani and hamza. drop the non performers.

frustrating to watch such a placid attack.

reminds me of dinda days along with useless praveen kumar. even praveen had some great games vs england and nz.

Harry Brook and Joe Root score unbeaten centuries as England fight back in Multan​

Harry Brook and Joe Root struck centuries as England ended day three of the first Test match on 492 for three in 101 overs against Pakistan at the Multan Cricket Stadium on Wednesday.

The touring side are still trailing by 64 runs with seven first-innings wickets in hand.

Resuming their first innings at the overnight score of 96 for one in 20 overs, Zak Crawley (64) and Root (32) started proceedings on day three. Right-handed batter Crawley managed to add only 14 runs to his overnight score and was dismissed in the 25th over by Shaheen Shah Afridi, ending the 109-run second-wicket partnership.

Ben Duckett then joined Root in the middle and the pair knitted a 136-run partnership for the third wicket. Duckett was adjudged leg-before-wicket by Aamir Jamal after scoring a quick-fire 84 off 75 balls, including 11 boundaries.

With the scorecard reading 249 for three in 49.4 overs, Brook and Root got together and stitched an unbroken 243-run stand for the fourth wicket. Over the course of the partnership, Brook brought up his sixth Test century, while Root continued his brilliant form and brought-up his 35th Test century.

Brook returned undefeated on 141 off 173 balls, including 12 fours and a six, while Root was unbeaten on 176 off 277 balls, hitting 12 fours.

For Pakistan, Aamir, Naseem and Shaheen snapped a wicket each.

Scores in brief:

Day 3 of 5; England trail by 64 runs at the Multan Cricket Stadium

Pakistan 556 all out, 149 overs (Shan Masood 151, Salman Ali Agha 104 not out, Abdullah Shafique 102, Saud Shakeel 82, Naseem Shah 33, Babar Azam 30, Shaheen Shah Afridi 26; Jack Leach 3-160, Brydon Carse 2-74, Gus Atkinson 2-99)

England 492-3, 101 overs (Joe Root 176 not out, Harry Brook 141 not out, Ben Duckett 84, Zak Crawley 78; Aamir Jamal 1-78, Naseem Shah 1-87, Shaheen Shah Afridi 1-88)

When i looked at Root i felt tired. It is almost like Root is pleading "Please get me out i want to get out of here". Pakistan is in no mood for entertaining such requests.

you arent referring to me are you ? cause i dont go around disrespecting every nation. i dislike a few. i mean the hate is real but its mostly about cricket.
If you wish to know cause alot of people are questioning my behaviour and sudden shift,

It's because I like talking about cricket from a balanced standpoint, and when I came here I thought Indian posters were the most friendly but all that changed post 2024 t20 cup and the thread I made about will India become an avg team once their legends retire.

The thread was a genuine question, had no agenda, none whatsoever ,infact I even said I overall disagree but I do think bumrah replacement will be difficult in the future.

And then the trolling and attacks came, after that it came in every thread.

To top it off I realised that their views on pak cricket unlike mine and my brothers like rana were not genuine. Their views weren't made to mock the current set up for improvement.

I make fun of rizzu and the current set up cause ik that in order for pak to be rebuilt, it needs to be destroyed. Aka the entire setup and a hard reboot which may take 20 to 30 years is required and that rizzu is a major problem in the setup along with Misbah.

These people on the other hand make fun for the sake of wanting destruction and death of a pak cricket nation that genuinely is much weaker then them and can do no harm.

And their insane obsession with wanting to correct my Aussie fandom. If I was an Indian fan, no knives would be out, but because I'm not their going deep dive into me and feel the need to critise someone they do not know.

Hence I am fed up and making certain claims that I don't always believe In. For example I believe Travis > Jaiswal in whiteball but in the future jaiswal will have a better career, However for this lot I do not care, I'll say what I want.

So I'll make whatever claim I wish cause having proper cricketing discussions without a flock of raven attacks is beyond this group.

So KP was right

tQDnNW1.jpg

Ben Duckett in the post-day 3 media talk:

"I think we will keep batting tomorrow as well. We have a whole day. We need to go past their score with a significant lead and then we will have one day to bowl them out on a day five pitch that might give us some spin and inconsistent bounce."

"I think we will keep batting tomorrow as well. We have a whole day. We need to go past their score with a significant lead and then we will have one day to bowl them out on a day five pitch that might give us some spin and inconsistent bounce."
Speaking like a true BazzBall warrior!

If they bat whole day Pakistan bowling is done and dusted for the rest of the series.

why not? arrogant lot. why wouldnt i hate the poms. arrogant snobbish lot who think they are above rules.
Well, it’s a point of view I suppose. Not sure about the evidence, certainly with regard to this team.

England may or may not win in this series. But Pakista isn't winning. Point here is pakistan being unable to produce a result in their favor at home not England not being able to win overseas. They can win atleast one Test. But Pakistan has zero hope

Misbah linking up with the team, giving them wrong advices. So his son can come into the team. Misbah corruption at it’s best

Sounds like England batting for 2 or 2.5 more sessions and then will get Pakistan in to see if they can survive.

Jason Gillespie, Pakistan's red-ball coach, shared his thoughts during the post-day 3 media conference:

On Bowlers' Struggles:

"No, I think both sides have had times when the seamers have come in and hit the pitch hard. We certainly did that at times today. But we probably gifted a few too many runs. You have to take your hat off to England; they played quite well."

On Joe Root's Class:

"I remember Joe Root from his early days at Yorkshire. He was an opener then, and his double hundred against Hampshire in Southampton on a sporting wicket caught everyone's attention. It wasn't long after that he got called up for his first Test series, against India, I reckon."

"What struck me about Joe was his maturity. He'd ask coaches, 'Tell me what I need to hear, not what you think I want to hear.' That was a valuable coaching lesson for me and others at Yorkshire. Joe always strives to improve; that's been my experience with him."

Assessing Pakistan's Performance:

"We've done well in patches, but it's a good surface to bat on. Bowlers always keep asking questions. We implemented our plans well today, and I'm pleased with that. On reflection, I'd like us to be a bit more patient, disciplined, and focused."

Challenges Against England:

"The Root-Brook partnership was crucial. England's approach is more defensive. We managed to restrict boundaries to specific areas, but that opens gaps in the field, and England exploits them. They played well, and we had moments, but not enough."

Game Plan for Day 4:

"England will look to gain a lead. Our plan is to start strong, take wickets, and get into their all-rounders. We can't control England's approach, but we'll focus on our game. Our fast bowlers had a huge workload today, so they'll rest tonight and come back fresh tomorrow."

Confidence in Pakistan's Bowling Unit:

"We're evolving as a team, and our bowling unit will keep learning. We'll get better with time. I'm happy with the effort, but we need to be more disciplined. Abrar bowled a lot of overs today, and our fast bowlers will be ready to go tomorrow."

Sounds like England batting for 2 or 2.5 more sessions and then will get Pakistan in to see if they can survive.
England bat 2.5 session they probably declare 1000/3 🤣🤦‍♂️🙈

Another 60 odd runs should be knocked off in 13 overs

Brooks and Root should try going at 6+ an over once they end deficit…

50 overs of 6+ means England could have a lead of 300 by Tea.

Next match Drop Babar and play an extra bowler , a spinner

England batted a tad too slow. Wonder if we will see some fireworks from Jamie Smith, something along the lines of an 80 ball ton.

England batted a tad too slow. Wonder if we will see some fireworks from Jamie Smith, something along the lines of an 80 ball ton.
It’s because all of the partnerships have been with Joe Root and not two of their free flow batters so far.

Ducket not opening with Crawley was a big let off for Pakistan.

2 runs per over= ImamBall

2.5 runs per over= MisBall

5 runs per over= ShanBall

8 runs per over is BazzBall
I'm glad you're one of the few to not be overhyped by what Shan did considering even Naseem Shah scored 33 on a pitch.

Bur fairs play, he did his part in batting which the so called King and his buddy behind the stumps couldn't.

However this defensive field sets, Horrible bowling and England batting has put pak on its place.

England should look to murder them into next week tmr, and force a win.

Shoved into the area that Travis head took you to 🫠
First fix his place where he wants to bat.

He already scared of facing ash and Jadeja in india During BGT

Now he is scaring of facing Bumrah as an opener in Next BGT.

England may or may not win in this series. But Pakista isn't winning. Point here is pakistan being unable to produce a result in their favor at home not England not being able to win overseas. They can win atleast one Test. But Pakistan has zero hope
What does that mean? England may or may not win but Pakistan isn't winning. Both scenarios are bound to each other. If Pakistan is losing then it means England are winning. Vice versa as well.

If it is drawing then they both are drawing.

First fix his place where he wants to bat.

He already scared of facing ash and Jadeja in india During BGT

Now he is scaring of facing Bumrah as an opener in Next BGT.
Jee jee bilkul bilkul clearly we've never had a single Indian in history who hasn't been makeshift cough Kl Rahul Cough

that is the right commonsense approach. Bat until an hour after tea. five hours and 70 over batting will grind Pak bowlers to the ground and England with their batting will end up somewhere round 300 run lead. Declare and go at them once for 10 to 15 overs tomorrow and again another 10 to 15 overs fifth day morning. If they manage to pick up three or four wickets in those 30 overs, expect Pak to crumble. Otherwise nothing lost and play out a dull draw. There is no way Pak can win this game now. Only England can win or it will be a draw.

The question is how would the likes of Bhumra, Shami, Siraj, Ashwin, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Akashdeep bowl on this wicket?

Flat pitch even, i guarantee you the above bowlers will bowl to a plan and bowl every over at 100% strength, tilt and would bowl with discipline to their field.

Pakistani bowlers sadly are utterly lacking in skill, quality, discipline, intelligence both in the national team and domestic cricket.

The question is how would the likes of Bhumra, Shami, Siraj, Ashwin, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Akashdeep bowl on this wicket?

Flat pitch even, i guarantee you the above bowlers will bowl to a plan and bowl every over at 100% strength, tilt and would bowl with discipline to their field.

Pakistani bowlers sadly are utterly lacking in skill, quality, discipline, intelligence both in the national team and domestic cricket.

Is it fair to compare against the best bowling line up? Bumrah, Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja -- All of them may feature into the top 10 test bowlers from Asia in all time list

Not saying that Pakistani bowlers shouldn't be criticized but I won't criticize them for being well behind Indian bowling unit right now.

There is no way Pak can win this game now. Only England can win or it will be a draw.

That’s it. The game is “safe” for England after today, probably was sealed as soon as the follow-on target was reached. Now it’s just a question of blockathon snore draw from Pak, or can Eng force a win somehow.

Back