England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying on with a botched knee. Given the state of Pakistan and Pakistan Cricket. He has probably been fearing losing his place in the team if he takes a year off like Bumrah did to work on his recovery.
I think shaheen had ACL reconstruction surgery on his knee as per doctors a sportsman takes 1-1.5 years of rehab in order to be normal to play any type of sports. I had my ACL surgery and i am not a sportsman and i still dont feel normal altough its been 6 months have passed when i get my surgery done. How on earth shaheen recovered and selected so quickly after his injury

innings defeat for Pakistan is on cards now. Eng is well on course to take 250 lead minimum if root and harry play through the remaining overs of 3rd day. they will come back fresh in morning. And we all know Pakistan will fold on day 5

I think shaheen had ACL reconstruction surgery on his knee as per doctors a sportsman takes 1-1.5 years of rehab in order to be normal to play any type of sports. I had my ACL surgery and i am not a sportsman and i still dont feel normal altough its been 6 months have passed when i get my surgery done. How on earth shaheen recovered and selected so quickly after his injury
Plenty of sportsman don't even get back to their best after ACL rapture, surgery and recovery.

As a recent case. I have followed Marco Asensio's ACL injury and recovery. It has been 5 years. He may have recovered but he is no where close to the player he once was. He eventually was sold off by Real Madrid as they understood he was finished essentially. Might be the same case with Shaheen. If he cannot get back to his back after any sort of surgery and recovery then it might be time to say good bye to him.

Pakistan dropped from 5rpo to 3.7 by the end of their innings

England have been 5rpo for 90 overs

In the last 10 overs, Abrar didn’t bowl a single delivery on the stumps line, trying to create chances off sweep shots

h1L764M.jpg

Is is not fair comparison still because Pakistani batters are pathetic. England batters and Joe Root are much superior test players.
Shaheen is already bowling 126 kph deliveries at full length . You don't need batters to make the comparison

I doubt he has much clue about anything in Pakistan. A 70s, 80s or 90s curator from Pakistan might have a better clue about pitches and sand here. If any of them are alive and well at the moment.
Pakistani pitches were flat before 2009. remember sehwag smashing 300 in 2004 series and then 400 opening partnership in 2006.. Sri Lankan tour in 2009 was also run fest at qaddafi .. so this pitch problem goes way back. we were lucky to play a decade of cricket on spin friendly uae tracks and had bit of success

Shaheen is already bowling 126 kph deliveries at full length . You don't need batters to make the comparison
Shaheen is not the only bowler in Pakistan side. Moreover if pace is in comparison then Woakes was bowling at 123 lol.

Both Root and Brook set to score double tons here.

England should declare with a 100 run lead. You never know with Pakistan in second innings. A collapse is always on the cards when Pak bats.

Only problem with going for 1000 runs is. There just might not be enough time left at the end to bowl Pakistan out to win this game.

Pakistani batting is pathetic and prone to a collapse. Still they won't get bowled in like 1 session. Need ideally 3 sessions to bowl Pakistan out.
realistically England will target 700 runs and hope Pakistan fold under 250.
However if England came to conclusion that win is impossible then they keep on batting to keep bowlers fresh for second inning. While Pakistan bowlers would risking injury being overbowled.

realistically England will target 700 runs and hope Pakistan fold under 250.
However if England came to conclusion that win is impossible then they keep on batting to keep bowlers fresh for second inning. While Pakistan bowlers would risking injury being overbowled.
Leach and Bashir will run through Pakistan on day 5

England should look to score 750 runs before tea tomorrow. 200 runs lead and Pakistan batting in 3rd innings under pressure is different thing even on flat pitch. They can crumble

@Ahmed216 Still of the opinion that PAK bowlers hit the deck harder than Carse and Atkinson?
Yes. They do but this pitch has been getting slower and slower as the match has progressed.
By hitting the deck I meant they look to extract seam movement .Bowlers like Asif , Junaid , Gul ,Naseem.
Whereas English bowlers float the ball because of the conditions they've grown up in.

Ramiz, Aamir and Urooj in the commentary box together,

This is absolute torture

Pakistani pitches were flat before 2009. remember sehwag smashing 300 in 2004 series and then 400 opening partnership in 2006.. Sri Lankan tour in 2009 was also run fest at qaddafi .. so this pitch problem goes way back. we were lucky to play a decade of cricket on spin friendly uae tracks and had bit of success
Lara cracked a double ton on this same vanue a SR of 80+ back in 2005. Difference is before PAK bowlers weren't this rubbish. Kaneria was 10000x the bowler that Abrar is.

Plenty of sportsman don't even get back to their best after ACL rapture, surgery and recovery.

As a recent case. I have followed Marco Asensio's ACL injury and recovery. It has been 5 years. He may have recovered but he is no where close to the player he once was. He eventually was sold off by Real Madrid as they understood he was finished essentially. Might be the same case with Shaheen. If he cannot get back to his back after any sort of surgery and recovery then it might be time to say good bye to him.
Nobody can write him off until he want to do it himself. He is a Son in law of shahid afridi who will soon be on a big position in PCB if this ruling regime remains for another 5 years.

England trail by only 88. Time to accelerate and pile on the runs faster.

May be declare by lunch on Day-4 with a 150 run lead.

Seth rollins is also never same after ACL tear.

Most 150+ scores in Tests:

20 - Sachin Tendulkar (329 Inns)
19 - Brian Lara (232 Inns)
19 - Kumar Sangakkara (233 Inns)
18 - Don Bradman (80 Inns)
16 - Mahela Jayawardene (252 Inns)
15 - Joe Root (268 Inns)
15 - Ricky Ponting (287 Inns)

Pakistan coaching staff looking a bit mentally shot.

Yes. They do but this pitch has been getting slower and slower as the match has progressed.
By hitting the deck I meant they look to extract seam movement .Bowlers like Asif , Junaid , Gul ,Naseem.
Whereas English bowlers float the ball because of the conditions they've grown up in.
Shaheen is very floaty. Naseem maybe at his best can match those guys in terms of bounce.

Most 150+ scores in Tests:

20 - Sachin Tendulkar (329 Inns)
19 - Brian Lara (232 Inns)
19 - Kumar Sangakkara (233 Inns)
18 - Don Bradman (80 Inns)
16 - Mahela Jayawardene (252 Inns)
15 - Joe Root (268 Inns)
15 - Ricky Ponting (287 Inns)
The Don 18 in 80 😵

Naseem Shah has officially entered depression after that drs review

Naseem is so unlucky. Bowling very well here. Umpire decision going in England favor again.

gAlkwWY.png

This has been the most entertaining over since the 3rd wicket fell.

Tall batsman hit above his knee roll… standard practice for umpires to give that not out.

Back