England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

Answer the question, what should be Pakistan's line up? The SENA teams know how they are going to play
Whatever they can conjure up. CT25 is still far away to name a definite XI.

Either way it shouldn't matter much. Pakistan will maybe win a game or two against bottom 4 teams. Australia, England and India will thrash them.

Whatever they can conjure up. CT25 is still far away to name a definite XI.

Either way it shouldn't matter much. Pakistan will maybe win a game or two against bottom 4 teams. Australia, England and India will thrash them.
Bruv just answer the question, I know what kind of XI i would go with. Why are you hesitating like Abrar's bowling here?

Sorry my friends across the border. My interest in test cricket peaked again after recent test match in Kanpur so I bought fancode pass to watch this test series but now I am regretting it. Can't watch it anymore. Abrar is rubbish and pitch is dead. No crowd at all. What a borefest. PCB is killing test cricket.

Something pinched from BBC Sport:

"Pakistan’s spinners are averaging 101.8 runs per wicket in the three Tests that they have played at home this year. They have taken a wicket every 166 balls and have gone at 3.68 runs per over. The opposition spinners meanwhile have averaged 34.1 runs per wicket."

Only guy who doesn’t have dropping shoulders and still maintaining the energy and enthusiasm levels in Pak side is Rizwan. This is why I love this guy. What a competitor
And scored a well measured 0 (12) before being dismissed by an unplayable delivery

Just funny how little pressure there is in aus to perform in cricket.

Desi teams put too much pressure on their teams. It's a game. Maybe too much pressure on Pakistan is stopping. Them from playing to their potential vs england

How is PCT and Pakistan fans are feeling that even after scoring 550 runs they can't win the test matches

And scored a well measured 0 (12) before being dismissed by an unplayable delivery
Didn’t let the failure affect him. Thats what I am pointing. If he was insecure he would be thinking of failure and messing it up in the field. Whatever portions of the game I have seen live, he has been more proactive in what has been a lumbering type game.

Just funny how little pressure there is in aus to perform in cricket.

Desi teams put too much pressure on their teams. It's a game. Maybe too much pressure on Pakistan is stopping. Them from playing to their potential vs england
Sydney is half China, with the test of Australia being a melting pot?

Their other sports here.

I said ages back. Bring dahani into the side. But cause he performed poorly in odi they dropped him from. All formats. Why?
That's the pcb and their clueless selection committee for you

They will see someone perform in T20 and select him for Tests as well, despite having zero performances in FC

Vice versa for Tests.

Dahani in red hot form and was taking wickets in FC, but failed in limited overs so he won't be selected

Typical

Whoa, Naseem seemed to have put on some weight. With his height, he looks even more stocky.

Something pinched from BBC Sport:

"Pakistan’s spinners are averaging 101.8 runs per wicket in the three Tests that they have played at home this year. They have taken a wicket every 166 balls and have gone at 3.68 runs per over. The opposition spinners meanwhile have averaged 34.1 runs per wicket."
This is why I don't buy the whole "Pakistani pitches are too flat to bring results" argument

Opposition bowlers keep finding ways to take wickets. Pakistani bowlers are just useless. None more so than Abrar.

ICC should introduce a new rule for Pakistan that allows using bottle caps and sand paper after 50 overs in an innings.
To be honest, the current lot are straight arrows and play the game fair. Credit where due. Lot more likeabke blokes in this side.

Pak missed the trick in first innings from 4,5rpo went to 2.54rpo when Babar and Saud were batting. Coudlve made atleast 100 more.

Now England will get a lead of around 180 and declare. Pak will most likely crumble under pressure and even possibility of losing by innings.
Yes Henceforth from next test onwards pakistan need minimum 650 runs in first innings.

ICC should introduce a new rule for Pakistan that allows using bottle caps and sand paper after 50 overs in an innings.
Add bowl biting. Although with these pitches - teeth, fingernails should be allowed. Plus vaseline and sugary sweets.

1. Fakhar
2. Saim / Abdullah
3. Babar
4. Rizwan (WK) (C)
5. Ghulam
6. Salman
7. Jamal / Jahandad
8. Shaheen
9. Naseem
10. Hasnain
11. Mehran
Why is ghulam batting at 5? Makes no sense.

Your 3, 4, 5 are going to get slaughtered anywhere

Playing bowlers like Naseem,Shaheen on these pitches will cut their career short in all formats. A bowler like Abbas and some domestic veterans should be used on such pitches.

Drinks break.

Around an hour of play left I believe. I expect England to cross 500 today.

434/3.

May not be a bad idea. You don't want to see visiting teams scoring 500 runs at 5 RR.

Add bowl biting. Although with these pitches - teeth, fingernails should be allowed. Plus vaseline and sugary sweets.
Detrimental to give a Pakistani team so many choices for tampering the ball.

It will confuse their little minds.

Besides, being the unfit bhukkads they all are, they'll only go for the sugary sweets

Amir Jamal looked like a world beater in Australia. Mediocre so far but won’t judge on this pitch.

Detrimental to give a Pakistani team so many choices for tampering the ball.

It will confuse their little minds.

Besides, being the unfit bhukkads they all are, they'll only go for the sugary sweets
Now now to be fair to PCB they havent allowed Azam anywhere near their test team.

But I do feel after 400, ICC should allow for ethical ball tampering.

Am glad that I decided not to watch Pakistan's bowling innings for mental health.

The Pakistani think tank knew this is how England play, what plans did they have to counter Bazball like countries like Australia New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka have shown is possible?

Whose bright idea was it to give this English team a flat wicket where they would have a field day executing their counter attacking approach?

Whose bright idea was it to pick Abrar who has been easy work for all teams after his debut bowling performance including Bangladesh? Did our team management learn nothing from the 2022 series whitewash against the same English team?

Gillespie and Shan need to be grilled in the press conferences, this team is their baby now and the curator would have prepared the pitch taking their input.

Joe Root in Test cricket:

Debut to 2020 - 17 centuries
2021 to present - 18 centuries

That's the pcb and their clueless selection committee for you

They will see someone perform in T20 and select him for Tests as well, despite having zero performances in FC

Vice versa for Tests.

Dahani in red hot form and was taking wickets in FC, but failed in limited overs so he won't be selected

Typical
Also wasted the other big guy. Forget his name

Ah yes sameen gul. They wasted his prime.

Mir hamza should have been picked.

Ab

Am glad that I decided not to watch Pakistan's bowling innings for mental health.

The Pakistani think tank knew this is how England play, what plans did they have to counter Bazball like countries like Australia New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka have shown is possible?

Whose bright idea was it to give this English team a flat wicket where they would have a field day executing their counter attacking approach?

Whose bright idea was it to pick Abrar who has been easy work for all teams after his debut bowling performance including Bangladesh? Did our team management learn nothing from the 2022 series whitewash against the same English team?

Gillespie and Shan need to be grilled in the press conferences, this team is their baby now and the curator would have prepared the pitch taking their input.
I think they killed their baby

Swinging conditons or spinning conditions are the best way to take out this England team. Giving them a batting paradise is playing to their strengths. Someone needs to be fired here I feel.

Thats Rizwan's T20 strike rate as an opener
If Shaheen was making the ball talk at 126.3 like Rizwan whose strike rate averages out due to different circumstances it would be the right comparison

Swinging conditons or spinning conditions are the best way to take out this England team. Giving them a batting paradise is playing to their strengths. Someone needs to be fired here I feel.
Naqvi to fire himself

We are still recovering from the t a a t i of PTI when they infiltrated our cricket.

Wasim khan was hounded out. Under him. The wickets were far better, the team was better.

Sethi and Naqwi are a reflection on people like you

India gave them flat pitches and still smashed them. Only little bit of turn was there.

Shahid Afridi used to take 2 steps to bowl at 135k. :afridi

His Son-in-law is running a mile to bowl 128k's.
Thats true really. Shahid afridi was a real power house. This shaheen does not look like a proper afridi at all. He is a quitter and never makes a comeback

Ever since that knee rupture he hasn't been the same. Maybe need stem cell therapy.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying on with a botched knee. Given the state of Pakistan and Pakistan Cricket. He has probably been fearing losing his place in the team if he takes a year off like Bumrah did to work on his recovery.

Still 22 overs to be bowled in 1 hour. That’s not happening. Pak going to be hit with a massive fine.

At pace Shaheen is bowling what difference bottle cap will make ?

India gave them flat pitches and still smashed them. Only little bit of turn was there.
Because India is a better all round test side. Srilanka, WI few years back caught England napping once the pitch was tricky. All this bazball nonsense doesn’t work against India and Australia but speaking in general.

952/6 record in danger
Only problem with going for 1000 runs is. There just might not be enough time left at the end to bowl Pakistan out to win this game.

Pakistani batting is pathetic and prone to a collapse. Still they won't get bowled in like 1 session. Need ideally 3 sessions to bowl Pakistan out.

Back