England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

Plenty of sportsman don't even get back to their best after ACL rapture, surgery and recovery.

As a recent case. I have followed Marco Asensio's ACL injury and recovery. It has been 5 years. He may have recovered but he is no where close to the player he once was. He eventually was sold off by Real Madrid as they understood he was finished essentially. Might be the same case with Shaheen. If he cannot get back to his back after any sort of surgery and recovery then it might be time to say good bye to him.
Shaheen was the same after his ACL, but these idiots at the pcb rushed him back for T20 world cup and was injured again

Its the pcb's fault again as the usual culprits

Naseem Shah with new ball

6gNe3sV.jpg
I don't see a deviation in "seam in deliveries".

And that early swing is practically useless.

Naseem used have good seam movement.

I don't see a deviation in "seam in deliveries".

And that early swing is practically useless.

Naseem used have good seam movement.
He's not a swing bowler. It comes out too floaty. Should hold his length back and seam the ball.

realistically England will target 700 runs and hope Pakistan fold under 250.
However if England came to conclusion that win is impossible then they keep on batting to keep bowlers fresh for second inning. While Pakistan bowlers would risking injury being overbowled.
I don't believe England under BazzBall are looking for draw. They are to be fair in a realistic win position. Pakistan will fold within 3 sessions.

If Full 90 over can Bowl by Pakistan then definitely England will take lead but I don't think they can compete full 90 over .

Just tuned in, whata Bat-a-thon....
Congratulations to joe root - we are priviledged to watch a living legend at his work....and a pretty decent bloke @ that...
Harry Brook easily one of the next gen guys who have a fab future....
Meanwhile naseem shah bolwing an inspired spell (so far)
....Is this the Abra(r)-ca-dabrar you guys were rooting for in the BD series...iss se to Yassir shah-no matter what his age or fitness is a better option....
Going to be a Batathon Draw me thinks....unless global warming kicks in with a vengence, the conditions change, ball starts exploding off the pitch - or some dramatic thing happens...

Should Pakistan select Hasan Ali and Dahani as Test pacers?

Hasan Ali is finished. Dahani hasn't done much. He gets smashed every time he plays even in domestic cricket. Can't think of any bowler in domestic cricket who has the skills to take the pitch out of the equation

Most 150+ scores in Tests:

20 - Sachin Tendulkar (329 Inns)
19 - Brian Lara (232 Inns)
19 - Kumar Sangakkara (233 Inns)
18 - Don Bradman (80 Inns)
16 - Mahela Jayawardene (252 Inns)
15 - Joe Root (268 Inns)
15 - Ricky Ponting (287 Inns)
Lol, Don trolling the list.

Alternative POV- given how Pakistan lost a lot of games, a draw will be a great result against a top side like England. Sometimes defense is the best attack.

Bring back imran khan form prison as definitely he can bowl better than current Pakistan bowlers.
:kp
Pak is a horrible team, it is finished.

Hence why centuries made by any team against them no longer count except for End and Aus 🫠

mir hamza
dahani
numan ali
all should come in

then change batting too.

Abrar is not a bad bowler- despite these returns. He has been handled badly. He should be the starting spinner in every game not a fringe- bench player. Still something there but the lack of patience in Pak selections might end his career.

looks like behind the over rate as well, might be pinged match fees big time...geez -even the chain gang guys get a better deal :)

Hasan Ali is finished. Dahani hasn't done much. He gets smashed every time he plays even in domestic cricket. Can't think of any bowler in domestic cricket who has the skills to take the pitch out of the equation
Why are you spreading lies about Dhani?

He picked up 25 wkts in 4 FC matches at an average of 15

You're confusing his white ball and red ball games

Typical

england batting is entertaining. thats for sure. 4.9 in tests is good.
brook
crawley
duckett
root

all good batsmen.
england is a strong team. until they play india or aus.

watc
watch dahani in the first class final. he actually was the best bowler. he should be playing for pak right now

Come on Brook give Naseem a 20 run over,

Tassali kara iski

Noman Ali could trouble English batters here with his ability to generate sharp turn and bounce with his arm ball and topspin variations.

Don't Indians want Root to get out so that he doesn't get closer to Tendulkar's record?
tears will come dont worry. 3500 runs or so to go. easy pickings for rooty rooooooot.
root is a better player vs spin than tenda. thats a fact.
vs swing its even. vs pace and bounce is where tenda holds the edge.

root needs to step up vs aus in the next ashes series away. otherwise he cant be regarded as the best from his generation. he needs a big series vs aus to go past smith.

tears will come dont worry. 3500 runs or so to go. easy pickings for rooty rooooooot.
root is a better player vs spin than tenda. thats a fact.
vs swing its even. vs pace and bounce is where tenda holds the edge.

root needs to step up vs aus in the next ashes series away. otherwise he cant be regarded as the best from his generation. he needs a big series vs aus to go past smith.

Less than 3500 runs now. He is only 33.

He has a very good chance of breaking the record.

Give Brook the strike. Root will do tuk tuk as he is tired and also nearing 200 milestone

The sole purpose of.this pitch sorry Road is to avoid any whitewash by making it a draw if not win..and give opportunity to their batsmen esp Babar to score century and get back to form..

Whilst on pitches, As an indian supporter off course this might come off as biased....but i thot the pitches vs Bangladesh in the recent series were terrific. Chennai was absolute diamond - The first 1-1.5 days of pace, good for batting for next 2.5 days and spin on last 1-1.5 days - there was enough for all kinds and trades of bowlers and if you were good enough, you got the runs.
Most Importantly, the Bounce was true and Even throughout the 5 days
Really wish BCCI could replicate this in our domestic scene....

Whilst on pitches, As an indian supporter off course this might come off as biased....but i thot the pitches vs Bangladesh in the recent series were terrific. Chennai was absolute diamond - The first 1-1.5 days of pace, good for batting for next 2.5 days and spin on last 1-1.5 days - there was enough for all kinds and trades of bowlers and if you were good enough, you got the runs.
Most Importantly, the Bounce was true and Even throughout the 5 days
Really wish BCCI could replicate this in our domestic scene....
as an indian fan i couldnt care less what we dish out as long as we win. but yes a bit of help for bounce and turn is needed. always.

cmon shaheeen bhai

i believe he will get a wicket this over.
cmon son

Pakistani curators are helping Root get closer to Tendulkar. No wonder Indians are furious with the pitch. Even more so than Pakistani fans are.

I personally have no issues with this pitch. Both teams have batted well and both teams have bowled poorly.

Pakistani curators are helping Root get closer to Tendulkar. No wonder Indians are furious with the pitch. Even more so than Pakistani fans are.

I personally have no issues with this pitch. Both teams have batted well and both teams have bowled poorly.
This pitch is still unacceptable but yeah I'm one of the few who wants Tendulkar's record broken

3 more balls for a wicket
abrar on 175. he will do a 200 plus easy by today

Around 15 minutes of play are left (as per Cricinfo). We may see 2-3 more overs.

Joe Root survives! Big LBW appeal by Naseem Shah, turned down by Kumar Dharmasena. Pakistan take a review but it's umpire's call.

elCfzag.jpg

England should look to get to 500 today. 17 runs away and if we can have another 4 overs, it is doable.

Tomorrow, England can bat till lunch in T20 mode and get a lead of 150+.

root he might actually be better than pietersen i must say. second only to hammond i guess
greatest batsman from england.

Again rate dropping below 5

Tbf England are out of the woods now. Phenomenal batting

thats funny. me too. indian fan but i dont like people who put personal records above their country.
Does it even matter? If Tendulkar record is broken, Tamasha upon Tamasha will ensue

root he might actually be better than pietersen i must say. second only to hammond i guess
greatest batsman from england.

Root is definitely better than Pietersen.

Pietersen was weak against left arm spin. Root can play all deliveries well.

ben cho i mean stokes not playing makes no difference for england it seems.

i don't care for Tendulkar's ancient records, let Root break it - hes good enough or any one else if they are good enuff.
generally scores are reflective of conditions and pitch as well as bowling quality, ability and intent as well as batting proactiveness. I would'nt say both teams bowled poorly- considering the conditions in front of them, there is only so much one can do.

wha
Their too tired to slog or bat positively but Pakistan is in a worse condition.
seriously. what changes can we expect next test. atleasy in your opinon
i want to see dahani and mir hamza in the team
i like to see numan ali.
bring all the good quality first class players into the team.

we need to see some pace and bounce.

some1 please dig up this pitch , declare ENG as series winners & let them go home [ this after batting for 149 overs in 1st innings ] ... 486/3 & 1042/13

Naseem Shah and Afridi wouldn't get into Australia, Indian, England, SA or new zeland line ups

This pitch is still unacceptable but yeah I'm one of the few who wants Tendulkar's record broken
This is statement exposed that you're fan of Australia's .

Forget about indian or SRT .no australia fan want root/ England to succeed just like indian / Pakistan fans wish to success arch rivals .

This is statement exposed that you're fan of Australia's .

Forget about indian or SRT .no australia fan want root/ England to succeed just like indian / Pakistan fans wish to success arch rivals .
i hate england more. i despise them. so i would choose any team over them.

Back