England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

If you looked at Abrar's QEA wickets prior to his debut, he was leaning heavily on his googly and barely spun his stock delivery. He's always been fairly slow through the air too.

He still took wickets as our domestic batters are woeful against spin, but international batters have already worked him out. Maybe he can play white-ball cricket but its hard to see him sustain a red ball career.

The fact he's our leading domestic spinner speaks volumes about our spin stocks.

He has already surpassed Sir Alastair Cook as England's best Test batter.

He is on track to break Sachin's record for the most runs in Test Cricket history. His highest Test score is 254. Which is already better than Sachin's 248*.

What he needs right now is a 300 on his belt. Which would not only put him above Sachin, as the player to have a 300 but would also put him among the greats of the game. Players like Warner, Sehwag, Younis, Bradman, Sangakkara, etc. Don't get me wrong he already is a legend. But having that sweat Triple Hundred under your illustrious Test career just further solidifies your skill and temperament as a Test batter.

The pitch is already one of the flattest pitches you will ever see. Batting against one of the weakest Pakistani bowling attacks. He is batting on 100+ right now. My feeling is that he will get a 300 tomorrow. My wishes are with him as well. He won't get a much better opportunity than this probably.

He has already surpassed Sir Alastair Cook as England's best Test batter.

He is on track to break Sachin's record for the most runs in Test Cricket history. His highest Test score is 254. Which is already better than Sachin's 248*.

What he needs right now is a 300 on his belt. Which would not only put him above Sachin, as the player to have a 300 but would also put him among the greats of the game. Players like Warner, Sehwag, Younis, Bradman, Sangakkara, etc. Don't get me wrong he already is a legend. But having that sweat Triple Hundred under your illustrious Test career just further solidifies your skill and temperament as a Test batter.

The pitch is already one of the flattest pitches you will ever see. Batting against one of the weakest Pakistani bowling attacks. He is batting on 100+ right now. My feeling is that he will get a 300 tomorrow. My wishes are with him as well. He won't get a much better opportunity than this probably.
Yeah, I agree, I don't see why not? Plenty if time to bat, Bowlers also have mentally give up, take England to 800 and mentally break pakistan into pieces

Yeah, I agree, I don't see why not? Plenty if time to bat, Bowlers also have mentally give up, take England to 800 and mentally break pakistan into pieces
He may not get a better opportunity than now and in this tour.

It would put Joe Root among the timeless legends of Test Cricket. Having a triple hundred under your belt is no joke.

It would be fitting for the highest run scorer in Test Cricket to have 300 under the belt than not.

He may not get a better opportunity than now and in this tour.

It would put Joe Root among the timeless legends of Test Cricket. Having a triple hundred under your belt is no joke.

It would be fitting for the highest run scorer in Test Cricket to have 300 under the belt than not.
I mean he's already a timeless classic. He's objectively put himself in top 10 greatest of all time by solely being England's best ever .

Every ball is a massive chance apparently with Rizwan behind the stumps
He's been irritating me the most.

Root plays a grounded sweep shot for a single

Rizwan: Oh catch kar yar 🤣🤣

If you looked at Abrar's QEA wickets prior to his debut, he was leaning heavily on his googly and barely spun his stock delivery. He's always been fairly slow through the air too.

He still took wickets as our domestic batters are woeful against spin, but international batters have already worked him out. Maybe he can play white-ball cricket but its hard to see him sustain a red ball career.

The fact he's our leading domestic spinner speaks volumes about our spin stocks.

Do you think Sajid Khan should play ahead of him in Test format?

912/13 - just for preparing this atrocious pitch , ENG should be awarded this Test , square dug-up & curator & PCB sacked for life chairperson

Root is Kohli’s father in Test cricket and very comparable to Tendulkar in terms of quality of batting. Indians can cry their hearts out and it won’t change the reality.
And Kohli is Root's father in LOIs....So?

What is the relevance of this post in Eng-Pak test match thread? Is Kohli playing as an English player?

He probably would rate this hundred as one of his most pointless even though its his first in Pakistan and he broke England's all time record in it.

Most expensive figure by a bowler in a Test innings is 87-1-298-1 (bowled by Chuck Fleetwood-Smith in year 1938).

Will that be broken in this game?

Pakistan should be banned from test cricket, what a pathetic display this is.

Making dead rubber wickets, score a 1000 runs and then end up with a draw or a Pakistani loss.

What does Pakistan offer to the world of cricket ? right now I would say absolutely nothing...

Making dead rubber wickets, score a 1000 runs and then end up with a draw or a Pakistani loss.

What does Pakistan offer to the world of cricket ? right now I would say absolutely nothing...
Unfortunately it looks to remain the same way for at least few more years. Everything wrong in Pakistan (including Cricket) is connected with the very top leadership.

The problem is they want to be t20 cricketers but are equally rubbish at that format aswell.

Whatever life this pitch had for first couple of days is gone now. Now it's Dead.

A special Pak collapse is needed to produce a result

Is their any mechanism in cricket where a side can just forfeit?

This is sad now, Pakistan have totally given up. Both fielding wise and bowling wise

Plenty of life will be in the pitch when Masood & co are bundled out for 140 in the 2nd inning's.

Even the "pitch tampering" you accuse Indians of is an art,brother Pakistanis, and requires its own talent.

Hiring random Aussies is not going to solve it

England is scared of Pakistan. If it was Bangladesh, they would have been smashing 6 rpo.

They are scoring 4-5 runs per over easily without hitting any boundaries as bowlers are bowling negative line .

So what is the point of negative line when they can't even stop the runs.

They are scoring 4-5 runs per over easily without hitting any boundaries as bowlers are bowling negative line .

They are preparing for Champions Trophy

Pcb is scary ***** they scare to to lose that's why they creating this type of pitches even after that teams still able to beat

Unfortunately it looks to remain the same way for at least few more years. Everything wrong in Pakistan (including Cricket) is connected with the very top leadership.
I really don't get it. Why does Pakistan want to play cricket like this - dead pitches, long innings, bowling graveyards? There's no money in it, no prestige and on top of that, there's still a probability to lose - what is the country and Pakistani cricket gaining?

In the end, all sport should be played for spectator enjoyment. Nobody can pretend they're enjoying this tooth extraction type cricket.

Everywhere in the world, test cricket has completely changed. Result oriented pitches, 4 day games, going for the win even if it means the opposition has a chance. Pakistan alone is stuck in a time-loop.

What's the point really? Give up test cricket if you're not enjoying it and not wanting to make it enjoyable for fans.

Probably takes less energy out of fielders because they don't have to run every second ball to chase the ball and get it back from the boundary rope.

I really don't get it. Why does Pakistan want to play cricket like this - dead pitches, long innings, bowling graveyards? There's no money in it, no prestige and on top of that, there's still a probability to lose - what is the country and Pakistani cricket gaining?

In the end, all sport should be played for spectator enjoyment. Nobody can pretend they're enjoying this tooth extraction type cricket.

Everywhere in the world, test cricket has completely changed. Result oriented pitches, 4 day games, going for the win even if it means the opposition has a chance. Pakistan alone is stuck in a time-loop.

What's the point really? Give up test cricket if you're not enjoying it and not wanting to make it enjoyable for fans.
It's not Pakistan want to play it like this. It's just what's happening in the country right now. Everything's been on a downward spiral. Including Cricket. Can't expect things to change suddenly like that. Until top leadership changes.

Pakistan seems to be a good place for visiting batsmen to prop up their averages. :LOL:

Rizwan needs to cool it on this catch catch thing. Like bro shut up, Everyone one including pakistani fans are angry now.

Your team itself is demotivated. Just stop, England has put you into depression

Going past the 357 target for England was important as the follow on was possibly Pakistan’s best chance of forcing a victory.

Whenever Pakistan start batting again they will be cautious and will never in a million years dare to put in a declaration. So they will either bat out a bore draw, or if England can psychologically break them somehow and bowl them out, it means that England will have a nice run chase.

These pitches are no good.

That's how we had like 600 plus scores back in 2000 era. Joke era with massive stat padding.

Pitches should be 300 to 400 range max. Has to have some bounce or turn.

Negative bowling by Abrar, just like Ashley Giles did in India 2002 tour. Tendulkar got so bored of leg stump bowling that he decided to step out and got stump out first and only time in his career.

Going past the 357 target for England was important as the follow on was possibly Pakistan’s best chance of forcing a victory.

Whenever Pakistan start batting again they will be cautious and will never in a million years dare to put in a declaration. So they will either bat out a bore draw, or if England can psychologically break them somehow and bowl them out, it means that England will have a nice run chase.
England are winning this. Pakistan will collapse trying to draw this one out. And pitch will have some turn showing up on Day 4 or 5. It's written all over it. Happened last time with Bangladesh as well.

It's not Pakistan want to play it like this. It's just what's happening in the country right now. Everything's been on a downward spiral. Including Cricket. Can't expect things to change suddenly like that. Until top leadership changes.
It's just sad though. Like watching some of those dreary news broadcasts they used to show on state run TV in the eighties.

It's depressing to watch bowlers and batters slog through this heat on a dead pitch.

I don't know about leadership changes but something's got to give in Pakistan test cricket. At least, in ODIs and T20s, the team's trying.... however flawed. In this though, it's just pathetic.

What is the relevance of this post in Eng-Pak test match thread? Is Kohli playing as an English player?
nothing but usual fare of ages old hate towards their bigger neighbors.

Dont think Pakistan should take the new ball with these two at the crease.

Keep this dry tactic going

It's just sad though. Like watching some of those dreary news broadcasts they used to show on state run TV in the eighties.

It's depressing to watch bowlers and batters slog through this heat on a dead pitch.

I don't know about leadership changes but something's got to give in Pakistan test cricket. At least, in ODIs and T20s, the team's trying.... however flawed. In this though, it's just pathetic.
I mentioned a couple of years ago that we should just stop pretending and going through the motions with test cricket and just dump it.

The players don't want it. The fans (majority) don't care and the board doesn't know how to create an infrastructure for it.

Test cricket in Pakistan is a crime against humanity.

Dont think Pakistan should take the new ball with these two at the crease.

Keep this dry tactic going
next game pakistan should bowl negative line from very first over to Stop the run flow as Pakistan bowlers are incompetents to take wickets

Typical minnow mentality.

next game pakistan should bowl negative line from very first over to Stop the run flow as Pakistan bowlers are incompetents to take wickets

Typical minnow mentality.
Better yet we should win the toss and try to bat for all 5 days

I mentioned a couple of years ago that we should just stop pretending and going through the motions with test cricket and just dump it.

The players don't want it. The fans (majority) don't care and the board doesn't know how to create an infrastructure for it.

Pak cricket as a whole is finished. It's the end.

England will bat most probably 2 sessions tomorrow and declare or get bowled out with a lead of 150+.

No offense but they should put this stuff up on a large screen and show it nonstop in Imran Khan's prison cell. He'll agree to withdraw from politics for life in return for being allowed to have a remote control.

What do you expect when the top cricketers do not have interest whatsoever in Test cricket?

Last 10 overs run rate is 4.6

I don't think England have slowed down considerably. This negative bowling line is just a time pass. I do believe Shan will take the new ball.

Amir Sohail recons England bowlers were rubbish to not bowl ideally here, but Pakistan bowlers are world class apparently for suffering.

Rubbish commentator

Kohli is the baap of any ODI player 🤡 has ever supported.

Clown's not recovered from MCG Rauf sixes and is venting his anger at the impotence of his team that he refuses to move on from CT17.

Back