England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

At this rate England will score 700. And then pak will be fighting to save the test.
Exactly what's unfolding. Pakistani team were overjoyed after scoring 550. Even slight bit of crack on Day 4 or even on Day 5 with assistance to spinners would be curtains for Pakistan. Shoaib Bashir will trigger the collapse.

Harry Brook's scores vs Pakistan (518 runs at 103.6, SR: 94.18)
50* - today

AAG

This is where Dahani would be an excellent pick.

Had a fantastic FC season and was in red hot form

Bowls 145+ clicks, tall and bowls a heavy ball

But they keep ignoring and select him in his worst format of white ball cricket

Ridiculous
Dahani doesn't bowl 145+. That's a myth and he will do no better than what Naseem has done thus far.

Pakistan don't have any quality pacers for this format. Their best bet is to prepare green seaming tracks like the country had back in 2010-19 era and bring in bowlers like Abbas, Khurram and Naseem to an extent who can offer deviation from ball 1.

Root going left handed.

England cannot take pakistan seriously at all 🤣

Root is such a class treat. Honestly he's the greatest English test batter of all time.

Which is some low bar if you are getting out bowled by a bowler slower than you on these wickets.
In the Champions One Day Cup, Shaheen was the worst bowler barring a few trundlers like Dhani.

Alot of people at the time were claiming that it was an odi tournament and isn't applicable to test cricket but I told them out of form means out of form irrespective of format and it shows tremendously.

Not that the cup was indication, Bangladesh test series made it clear shaheen is finished

Yes. I also think that.

He also has the most runs by an English batter in Test format.
Even if he didn't, he's genuinely a class treat.

I hope people don't kill me for this, but I always thought alastair cook was kinda overrated. He was good but felt he was overrated.

I'm glad the top run scorer spot for England now goes to root in test

Dahani doesn't bowl 145+. That's a myth and he will do no better than what Naseem has done thus far.

Pakistan don't have any quality pacers for this format. Their best bet is to prepare green seaming tracks like the country had back in 2010-19 era and bring in bowlers like Abbas, Khurram and Naseem to an extent who can offer deviation from ball 1.
He was bowling 147 clicks in the PSL

He also had a fantastic FC season

So clearly he is suited for this format

Pakistan cricket wont get any benefit playing on this type of pitch.

I just got up to check the score and I can see why people are frustrated. We want 5 interesting days of cricket. At best we will get 1 day and only if we get the standard Pak collapse.

Current Pakistani bowling is crap, they should look to import a few bowlers from Afghanistan.

Root has got the golden opportunity to come further closer to tendulkar's test record by piling up runs in this series

Has their ever been a team that has lost a game after scoring 550+ in the first Test innings?

I think Pakistan scored these runs too quickly. Had they scored 556 over 2.5 days, England would have been under pressure

More Shahs you mean?
Not sure on the surnames, but they needs some ferocious bowlers with attitude. Pakistani Afridis and Shahs are proving to be China copy of what Pakistan used to produce.... Phattu bowlers.

Strike that, the whole team is phattu, always smiling and giggling and putting on lipsticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twenty one maiden overs bowled by England as compared to Pakistan which has bowled only one

Momin and your Favourite ATG australia lost against india (2004) in australia after scoring 556 in first innings.
Your favourite team lost by 180 runs in a final that'll never be beaten. You have that sole record and stand alone at the top of the mountain.

I atleast join an exclusive list 🫠

@Nikhil_cric you overestimated bro.

Looks like pakistan is already done 🤣.. the spinners have given up trying to get root out and the pacers are just going through the motions with no plan

This is embarrassing. Naqwi the head of Pcb is a proven Fraud. Probably busy milking the PCB coffers. The flattest wicket I've seen in a long time

Pakistan could not consistently touch 4rpo and England are scoring above 5rpo. That's hardcore batting and this pressure will translate into the 3rd innings where Pakistan will be bowled out for under 200.

More than inviting Zakir Naik, this is the real conspiracy by Pak against India, giving Root these pitches to accelerate his chances of breaking Sachin’s records 🥲

Your favourite team lost by 180 runs in a final that'll never be beaten. You have that sole record and stand alone at the top of the mountain.

I atleast join an exclusive list 🫠
As usual you change the direction east to west .talk was about any team score a test after scoring 550+ in 1st innings .

Look at the dispersion

Gillespie even at this age is probably petitioning to the pcb to let him play a game over this filth 🤣
Expedite his citizenship and put him on...

PCB should actually trawl the net wider and see if they can entice some of the Pakistanis living abroad and playing in various junior leagues if they would like to come back and don the national colours.

As usual you change the direction east to west .talk was about any team score a test after scoring 550+ in 1st innings .

Look at the dispersion
Bro I asked a simple question, and people gave me the list. Don't attack innocent when you tried to make a sarcastic comment towards me.

You should have done the same or stayed silent. Not my fault. Such chawal responses will get the chawal treatment.

Root probably won't get a much better opportunity of scoring a 300 in his career. He already has a higher score than Sachin.

A 300 in his stat book will look real good when he surpasses Sachin in runs and case would be made about the best Test batter.

@Nikhil_cric you overestimated bro.

Looks like pakistan is already done 🤣.. the spinners have given up trying to get root out and the pacers are just going through the motions with no plan
Yeah. But I still think Jamal and Naseem have enough sting for a couple of spells . After that, it's gonna be a free for all.

My point was not just about this Test though.

If you can force these bowlers to bowl 25 overs + , they will be even less effective in the next match and may even be rested.

English batters will be playing an attack of Mir Hamza and Mohammad Ali then.

Next 2 Tests are guaranteed wins for England then.

Yeah. But I still think Jamal and Naseem have enough sting for a couple of spells . After that, it's gonna be a free for all.

My point was not just about this Test though.

If you can force these bowlers to bowl 25 overs + , they will be even less effective in the next match and may even be rested.

English batters will be playing an attack of Mir Hamza and Mohammad Ali then.

Next 2 Tests are guaranteed wins for England then.
Tbf, England has also won this test mentally.

Theirs nothing more soul crushing then finally getting a 556, having most of your batting lineups get 100's and believing that you got a chance with an early wicket.

Root has clearly mentally murdered the spinners and even Naseem.

The fielders themselves don't even look interested.

As I said the gap in fitness would eventually show, as much as people mocked me for the whole Shan and Abdullah fitness thing, I told every one it would come back.

One aspect that's overlooked in test is fitness and patience which pakistan simply doesn't have and as you yourself correctly pointed out, these are t20 bowlers and t20/odi batters(medicore ones as well) pretending to be test players.

This Shan ball thing would have gotten exposed eventually

Back