England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

No pressure at all by pakistan bowlers.

Only lose shot can bring wickets for them

37.3 : 188-2

AFter watching India's latest destructive innings, this looks so tame :sanga

Great chance for Root to close down the gap with Tendulkar. :afridi He should score 200+ easily

Duckett likes Pakistan.

Ben Duckett's scores vs Pakistan
82*
50* - today
- 407 runs at 81.4 and SR: 97.36

Pcb helping root to break sachin record pcb is so clever:genius
Root wil play forever until he breaks Tendulkar's record. Even ECB wants him to get that record. :mc He isliterally in my opinion the last human who can possibly break that record and keep it indefinitely.

An innings loss for Pakistan is also a possibility.
Naw, England ain't reaching 700. By day 4 the pitch will be too much for pak and eng will be tired out. It's already reverse swinging but besides jamal no one knows how to use that to their advantage, the spinners are rubbish and the batters are leagues > pak batters

Naw, England ain't reaching 700. By day 4 the pitch will be too much for pak and eng will be tired out. It's already reverse swinging but besides jamal no one knows how to use that to their advantage, the spinners are rubbish and the batters are leagues > pak batters
Jamal is bowling at 130 kph.

I am think England reaching 800 by tea on Day 4 and Pakistan getting bundled out in morning session of Day 5 at around 200. They delivered the masterstroke against Bangladesh, English bowlers can surely deliver on day 4 and day 5. All depends on can English batsmen carry on to 800 type mammoth score.

I am think England reaching 800 by tea on Day 4 and Pakistan getting bundled out in morning session of Day 5 at around 200. They delivered the masterstroke against Bangladesh, English bowlers can surely deliver on day 4 and day 5. All depends on can English batsmen carry on to 800 type mammoth score.
Well then better get set for a root and duckett 200

England will be well pakistans total by close of play, the fact the bowlers can't dry up rubs through discipline or maidens says it all

Looks like it, isn't it? Why cant Pakistan switch to full defensive bowling tactic here.
They have leaked 118 runs in 21 overs in this morning session already.
They do not know how to play test.

That was my main point on that lack of mentality. Yes they lack skills but they also lack the education to play a test game.

The pitch is reversing now but it won't matter, these bowlers are all goobers

Abrar Ahmed is a proper village green bowler isn’t he? Bowling no balls and getting taken for 7 an over. Less mystery than a Scooby Doo cartoon.

I would really like to see some wickets fall, but I dont see this group of bowlers to be disciplined enough to extract any wicket off some great high class disciplined and penetrative bowling.

A wicket will fall only if the batter loses concentration or goes for a rash stroke :sanga

Jamal has looked like the best bowler on either side so far, he’ll take a wicket soon-ish.

What a disgraceful wicket this is. Couple that up with the worst bowling attack going around.

New low for Pak going to lose after scoring 550+ Masood & co will show there true colours in the 2nd innings with there legendary collapse.

Jamal has looked like the best bowler on either side so far, he’ll take a wicket soon-ish.
He’s doing things with the ball but just hasn’t got that yard of pace required to make that difference.

Clearly not fully fit. He only hurried root with the bouncer because root was nearly a quarter way down the pitch.

New low for Pak going to lose after scoring 550+ Masood & co will show there true colours in the 2nd innings with there legendary collapse.
Was just looking at the scorecard. England were allowed to bowl 21 maiden overs on this dead pitch, while Pakistan has managed just 1 so far.

Pakistan getting a bit of hammering here.... Not good, hopefully Kirsten gives them an earful at lunch...

Day 3: Lunch Break

England 226-2 (Duckett 72, Root 75) - TRAIL BY 330

Said it yesterday a draw would be like getting to a icc ko stage.. at least Masood didn’t declare !!

Crawley is a 70s man

73 - 2024 vs India
73 - 2023 vs Australia
76 - 2024 vs WI
76 - 2024 vs India
76 - 2024 vs WI
77 - 2022 vs Aus
78 - 2024 vs Pakistan
79 - 2024 vs India

Was just looking at the scorecard. England were allowed to bowl 21 maiden overs on this dead pitch, while Pakistan has managed just 1 so far.
When you’re on top, your innings is incomplete without some sort of “anchoring”. Because why not eh - we have to prove the we are playing test cricket right?

And our “anchors” believe you’re not an “anchor” unless you play dot balls.

Rotating the strike is haram when you’re playing “anchor”.

Simple rules.

These two need to take England to 450, alarm bells will start to ring once England have a free licence then to just add as many as they can on top

I was posting on the wrong thread so far! :cry:

But England are batting so easily on this track, we could , as Rana said, see them overtakre Pakistan;s total today itself.

Back