England reach 492/3 at stumps of Day 3 of the first Test against Pakistan as the hosts struggled to take wickets

England 232-2 after lunch on Day 2:

Root on course for 200+ (its just my feeling)

Shan has done alright in comparison to Babar

His bowlers have responded a lot better. They were all over the place against England in 2022
Mate, Anyone does alright in comparison to Babar. Literally anyone, Well besides his clown behind the stumps. And anyone who's anyone's Chacha.

But yes anyone minus those 2. You could have saim captain rn and he'd be > Bobby despite lacking experience.

I was posting on the wrong thread so far! :cry:

But England are batting so easily on this track, we could , as Rana said, see them overtakre Pakistan;s total today itself.
They will have one crack at Pakistan with a lead…

It’s up to them to get enough to make this mentally weak Pakistan side wilt.

Big miss by England not selecting Will Jacks

I would take him into the 2nd Test instead of Shoaib Bashir

Pope and Rizwan should be roundly flogged with a stick in their respective dressing rooms after spooning up catches & getting out for 0. My kids’ great grandma could score runs on this.

Pope and Rizwan should be roundly flogged with a stick in their respective dressing rooms after spooning up catches & getting out for 0. My kids’ great grandma could get runs on this.
Pope was unlucky.

He actually did miss out on a hundred here

i am just so confused with the pitches in Pak we dont get no home advantage what so ever. I understand you are scared stiff of making a turning pitch for Bangladesh series as their spinners would have destroyed us but are you telling me you are scared of Bashir and Leach??

Surely we would have some sort of an advantage with turning wickets.

You want to break the 952 record?
Tbh they have to do what is necessary, and if records like that are broken in the process so be it.

England would have declared around 550 by Lunch day 2….and then Pakistan would be the ones playing survival. Pakistan in a way have forced these English batsmen to be ruthless on a placid deck.

Crawley actually could have broken Lara’s 400* on this deck, he wouldn’t deserve it but you have to do what’s necessary to win I suppose regardless of your own personal stature in the game in comparison to the greats. He had a silly lapse in concentration.

I predict England would be like 530/4 at the end of today's play. They might even reach 700 tomorrow. That would be some score.

Right now it looks very bleak for Pakistan. They will struggle to draw the match even because 3rd innings collapse is on the cards

Tbh they have to do what is necessary, and if records like that are broken in the process so be it.

England would have declared around 550 by Lunch day 2….and then Pakistan would be the ones playing survival. Pakistan in a way have forced these English batsmen to be ruthless on a placid deck.

Crawley actually could have broken Lara’s 400* on this deck, he wouldn’t deserve it but you have to do what’s necessary to win I suppose regardless of your own personal stature in the game in comparison to the greats. He had a silly lapse in concentration.
Ben duckett seems more poised for it here. He's batting faster then Crawley.

Imagine a 300 to 400 special

All of Woakes, Carse, Atkinson are capable of giving 150 runs between them on this deck

They have Root. Who is not batting at over 100SR. Pakistan is lucky Root is on crease and not Crawley
Root will go along his merry way but he provides so much stability something saud can never provide to pakistan.

You know if root is inform he's ensuring Pakistan get reminded of their place and why their lead is never happening even with 556 on the board

There is a hint of reverse Root on seeing the reverse is trying to come down the wicket. Jamal vs Root passage of play suggests that there is still life in this game

Pakistani brothers are getting anxious for no reason.

England were 224/2 at Rajkot before collapsing to an Indian attack missing Ashwin .

Genetically superior bowlers like Shaheen and Naseem have even more runs to play with :kapil

The only setback here for England is that their tail will not have played Abrar like their top order already have decoded him.

England still need their top 6 to take this as close to 550

England were 224/2 at Rajkot before collapsing to an Indian attack missing Ashwin .

Genetically superior bowlers like Shaheen and Naseem have even more runs to play with :kapil
Ik your joking, But huge difference. India is a team that knows how to win tests. Infact not a single team does it better then them be it home ground or overseas.

Their Bangladesh series alone proved that, turned a 2 day test into a massive one side massacre when everyone assumed a draw.

Pakistan is a team that doesn't seem to even know what test cricket is

The concerning thing here is that England are still in Gear 2. They haven’t even put the foot down yet.

Bumrah and Kuldeep triggered the collapse.siraj then finished it.

England is definitely playing for the result. They want to bring the innings to parity and they may even declare

Why is that concerning? Isn't the goal to nullify the lead?
It’s concerning because if they do put the foot down, these Pakistani bowlers and fielders will be mentally shot for the rest of the series. This is why I think pakistan wouldn’t or shouldn’t mind as long as Root stays out there and doesn’t really allow overs to go for 7+ even if his partner has hit a boundary in the over

If Root goes and Brooks has one of his days with Ducket, it’s going to be a bloodbath in Test cricketing terms

i am just so confused with the pitches in Pak we dont get no home advantage what so ever. I understand you are scared stiff of making a turning pitch for Bangladesh series as their spinners would have destroyed us but are you telling me you are scared of Bashir and Leach??

Surely we would have some sort of an advantage with turning wickets.
since Ramiz era , all pitches are rubbish & aimed at killing Test cricket . Take this pitch , had they taken off all grass completely & let it be a little more drier on day 1 , by now we would be seeing things happening ! Instead we see 136/1 in 25 overs in 1st session day 3 ... add to this picking just 4 bowlers & believing Agha is a credible 5th bowling option is actually playing for draw which is pathetically defeatist mindset !

It’s concerning because if they do put the foot down, these Pakistani bowlers and fielders will be mentally shot for the rest of the series. This is why I think pakistan wouldn’t or shouldn’t mind as long as Root stays out there and doesn’t really allow overs to go for 7+ even if his partner has hit a boundary in the over

If Root goes and Brooks has one of his days with Ducket, it’s going to be a bloodbath in Test cricketing terms
Root needs to stay to provide stability although root needs to be responsible and start attacking abrar. Someone of his caliber should feast in it and not take singles and doubles.

Duckett should do what he normally does

England is definitely playing for the result. They want to bring the innings to parity and they may even declare
At the moment they are playing to get to 550 in a reasonable amount of time. The result might not yet be on their mind

Root needs to stay to provide stability although root needs to be responsible and start attacking abrar. Someone of his caliber should feast in it and not take singles and doubles.

Duckett should do what he normally does
Yeah you can’t discount Root’s importance here, but Shan needs to be smart and use this to his advantage.

The last thing you want is the bowlers giving freebie balls to Root. He won’t punish you like the others will unless you just keep bowling crap to him

What’s good for Pakistan?

Well the ball is definitely reversing. IMO Shan needs to be brave for one session and set conventional fields with 2-3 slips, gully etc and open up the cover for England to have a go against the reversing ball.

The field settings are too defensive at the moment

The only setback here for England is that their tail will not have played Abrar like their top order already have decoded him.

England still need their top 6 to take this as close to 550
ideal situation would be Eng get bowled out for around 460-470 today .... wonder if PAK has the guts give them a 350 run target ?

Shan has 1 review left and possibly another 5 sessions in the field

Next two sessions, if England don't lose more than 2-3 wickets ..then it's a draw or English win

Root will go along his merry way but he provides so much stability something saud can never provide to pakistan.

You know if root is inform he's ensuring Pakistan get reminded of their place and why their lead is never happening even with 556 on the board
With current onslaught. I'd rather see Root get 440 balls 300 than Crawley get 150 balls 200.

Duckett in test plays as fast as rizzu in t20 smh?

Ik it's a road pitch magar bhai

Jamal is bowling all right here

He needs a first slip for the one the goes away

Pakistan field settings are a bit questionable

England have to get up to 100 overs without losing too many.

PAK don't have it in them after that mark. As Bangladesh found it in Pindi.

Jamal has been the only one who's actually bowled according to the pitch.

Everyone else especially abrar are clueless

What a poor pitch this is. Mohsin "Incompetent" Naqvi should either resign as PCB chairman or as Interior Minister.

They can't maintain intensity on the field after the 100 over mark - bowling/fielding wise.
england will be 7 wickets down by the 100 over mark with 500 runs on the board. then their tail will add a further 100 runs

Like seriously how long will it take them to consider Zafar Gohar in the test setup?

The guy has 300 FC wickets, also can bat too.

He's 30 now can play for a couple of years as they've already wasted a fair bit of him.

Gillespie really needs to take a call and the others in the management too as Abrar is not upto the mark yet.

Like seriously how long will it take them to consider Zafar Gohar in the test setup?

The guy has 300 FC wickets, also can bat too.

He's 30 now can play for a couple of years as they've already wasted a fair bit of him.

Gillespie really needs to take a call and the others in the management too as Abrar is not upto the mark yet.
I think theirs some internal problems related to gohar. Apprantly he himself doesn't wish to play for pak

Abrar is one of the worst spinner ever to play test cricket.
Chacha Nauman is much better than him

Brook clearly sent out to attack.

No offense to root bhai, but he needs to play a bit faster now.

Get that 500 today and hurt a tired pakistan tmr. Credit to brother @Nikhil_cric for letting me know about Pak's weaknesses after 100 overs.

It was potw for me

does PAK not have any decent spinners in domestic cricket ? IND 1st choice 10 spinners are better than these Abrar , Nauman types ....

Brook clearly sent out to attack.

No offense to root bhai, but he needs to play a bit faster now.

Get that 500 today and hurt a tired pakistan tmr. Credit to brother @Nikhil_cric for letting me know about Pak's weaknesses after 100 overs.

It was potw for me
Brother I was guessing and thinking out loud. It's not a given.

The point was if England can be no more than 4 down after 100 overs, they can absolutely smash a fatigued attack all over Multan.

Back