Pak v Eng 4th ODI - Pak Inngs [21/12/05]

Waqar cussing Jones, saying too late to try ure Sledging, the sereies is lost.

LOL @ YK, raised his bat after getting a single.

Udal to Hameed: Udal senses Hameed may be about to try something as he is already half way down the pitch before Udal has started his run up - he lobs the ball over to Jones and a fantastic bit of intelligent cricket all around - (sounds of wild clapping )

Well done Hameed for pushing your luck in each direction - looks like Udal has more luck than you my friend!

HAFRIDI said:
that does make sense :13:

I swear it doesn't, Inshallah is future tense. If AB said Inshallah everything WILL be fine, then that does make sense.

HAFRIDI said:
i think u asked oxy

Yes, sorry, I did. Mistake!

I asked Oxy a question and according to the convention of the language my enquiry was:

"By the will of Allah, all is fine"?

To which Oxy must reply:

"All praise is to Allah, all is certainly fine"

To which I reply:

"All praise is to Allah and may Allah send His blessings Upon you!"

Chacha Cricket Wannabee going mad in the stands

Waqar: He's gone mad, i tell u!!!

Ace Base said:
Yes, sorry, I did. Mistake!

I asked Oxy a question and according to the convention of the language my enquiry was:

"By the will of Allah, all is fine"?

To which Oxy must reply:

"All praise is to Allah, all is certainly fine"

To which I reply:

"All praise is to Allah and may Allah send His blessings Upon you!"

Oxy's back has been causing a few problems.....

yk said:
I swear it doesn't, Inshallah is future tense. If AB said Inshallah everything WILL be fine, then that does make sense.

I know we are still off-topic and this is hardly the place for an impromptu Arabic lesson, but YK, but in the Arabic language the tense of the word is determined by the context of its usuage.

So for example you can say: Dhabna ilal mubarah

"We went to the match."

Or you can say Dhabna, ya akhi

"We are going, my brother"

In both cases the word "Dhabna" is used to mean "going" or "went".

Oxy™ said:
Oxy's back has been causing a few problems.....

At that advanced age, akh, it certainly can be a problem. You should ask MIG, he knows all about it!

Only 17 other batsmen currently playing cricket have a better one day average than Yasir Hameed.

So he isn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

YK sweeps and nearly hit his stumps, but he's still there.

:12: :12:

if we keep batting like this we are not going to reach the target - and what an embaressment that would be with 7 wickets at hand at this stage..

Ace Base said:
At that advanced age, akh, it certainly can be a problem. You should ask MIG, he knows all about it!

:)) AB, its all these hours sitting and patrolling the streets of PP that cause back pain !

Anyway, guys, reqd runrate is now about 5.0 - any worries yet ? or the fact that we have wickets in hand is ok ? remember no Inzi today...

Ace Base said:
Only 17 other batsmen currently playing cricket have a better one day average than Yasir Hameed.

So he isn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

Boosted by battering some mediocre attacks on flat pitches at home. Look at the breakdown of what he averages against each individual nation and his home and away averages

kashif77 said:
:12: :12:

if we keep batting like this we are not going to reach the target - and what an embaressment that would be with 7 wickets at hand at this stage..

Easy, akhi.

Pakistan have Insha Allah already won the game.

In one day cricket, you'd have to be really stupid OR have Pakistan bowl at you, to lose it from here.

Last edited:
Did Geriant Jones just appeal for a catch...that hit the pad...that bounced 2 feet infront of him?

Calm down guys the win is more important, then entertainment.

COME ON YAAR WE HAVE 7 WICKETS IN HAND. The way they are playing we will have to score 70 in last 10 overs why attack moyo

Big Mac said:
Boosted by battering some mediocre attacks on flat pitches at home. Look at the breakdown of what he averages against each individual nation and his home and away averages

Yes, Big Mac you may have a point there but as I always say, you still have to make the runs!

If boosting your avearge against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Hong Kong is easy then more shame upon the batsmen who miss out.

is younis khan trying to make this game interesting? - trying to leave afridi and razzaq a run a ball to win??? being watchful isnt bad - but he must be careful

pakistani pride said:
COME ON YAAR WE HAVE 7 WICKETS IN HAND. The way they are playing we will have to score 70 in last 10 overs why attack moyo

Mate, its a hard wicket to bat on, we need to be getting 3-4 runs an over which we are, wickets are the key we can't risk them, they're doing fine.

Oxy™ said:
Did Geriant Jones just appeal for a catch...that hit the pad...that bounced 2 feet infront of him?

Geriant Jones will perform the duty of Geriant Jones.

Relax people. Plenty of wkts in hand. Deep down you (and the crowd) want Afridi in...and if he goes cheaply we will be 6 down and striuggling!

Ace Base said:
Yes, Big Mac you may have a point there but as I always say, you still have to make the runs!

If boosting your avearge against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Hong Kong is easy then more shame upon the batsmen who miss out.

Maybe some people aren't all that bothered about easy runs on offer against the minnows? I couldn't care less about how many runs a person scores against Bangladesh if they crap the bed the moment they face some decent bowlers or a pitch that isn't a batting paradise

Majrekar just said Afridi fears Harmison!

The Beast fears no one except his Maker!!

Why are people on here behaving like Pakistan need to get 300 runs with just 10 overs remaining!

Calm down, people!

Do you really think Pakistan will lose it from here?!!

Too many drama "queens" on here!

Last edited:
Raz said:
Majrekar just said Afridi fears Harmison!

The Beast fears no one except his Maker!!

Well said, Raz!

Fear runs from The Beast.

44444444444444444444444444444444444 by Yk......reverse sweep

Happy now Pak Pride????

just 1 good over will even things...its not the best wicket to bat on facing any spinner

Noddy said:
just 1 good over will even things...its not the best wicket to bat on facing any spinner

noddy please tell waqar about the waqar commentary thread :19:

Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
afridi does not fear harmison! - good point raz, i think the england bowlers have been shellshocked by what afridi has done

I think that huge six off Harmison at Faisalabad by The Beast has clearly been forgotten by some. Perhaps a few reminders are needed :16:

now they are complaining about the cold!!

Bahahahaha listen to the ROOOOOAAAR of delight as Younis Khan is out there :D

Younis out and amazingly a HUGE cheer from the crowd!!!!!

YK out....Soft Dismissal, hit a long hop to extra cover...IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the BEAST!!!!!

...fans like that deserve defeat-what if Afridi is out 1st ball?

does it make me unpatriotic to enjoy seeing the back of YK?

Malik comes out and there are huge boos from the crowd!!!!!!

oh well atleast he went down swinging - its afridi time now - woo hoo !!

mooz said:
does it make me unpatriotic to enjoy seeing the back of YK?

In my book it does. Shows us that you support individuals, not the team.

that fat guy with specs started it i think LOL booing behind his "6" leaflet

punk

I want to see some old school Malik hitting here to shove their boos back down their throats

Oxy when one is battinga ta strike rate of 40 when you almost need 6 an over you want him 2 get out 2 have a bate that can play a bit faster !

I dont care wether afridi bats or Razzaq or even hameed as long as you play according to the match ! Nore YH did Not Yk did that !

Oxy™ said:
In my book it does. Shows us that you support individuals, not the team.

I second that!

It is an ABSOLUTE disgrace to hear the crowd jeering Malik and read about the delight of some people over Younis Khan's dismissal.

This is shallow, cult mentality which focuses on individuals rather than the good of the team.

You could feel the crowd just wishing that to be a run out

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
id love malik to go bonkers

and see the crowdreaction

idiots support the tEAM

U and me both!!!

Back