Pak V Eng: ODI No 1: Lahore: Score updates and discussion thread (Eng innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RH is the only one enjoying this !!

Remember Karachi ODI ? Pak thought they had won - just because they put up a decent total - well so do England now but Pak will chase it down!

Ah no worries. It would be stupid going to Pindi with the series already settled. We just want to give the crowd something to come for

Times like this i wish Afridi was playing!! but to be fair scoring 300 is always tough but this wicket is flat we have batters and NZ have proved it is do able!! no need to be down yet

inzi should have posted fielders on the boundary and told rana to bowl in the block hole

RH said:
Good to see us doing this batting first.

And it will be even better when pakistan throw it back in their faces......All kidding aside, they've batted very well

zushy_786 said:
And it will be even better when pakistan throw it back in their faces......All kidding aside, they've batted very well
:16:
Exactly.

another single
come on fred. A big slog. dont matter if your out

We dont need to go mental at the start just keep wickets in hand go at around 5 an over then last 15-20 overs inzy moyo and razzaq can hopefully launch a winning attack

Just 4 runs from that last over from Sami. Maybe he should have been brought on a lot earlier!

No slogging required - milk the English Cow and we will have ice cream at the end of the day !!!

when newzealand can chase 332 then why cant we 328
we will inshallah

327-4. good over by sami. only 4 off it. huge task for Pakistan. should be an interesting game. maybe Pakistan will emulate NewZealand and chase the total.

they overbowled rana in the last overs, sami should have been brought on sooner, in fact he bowled well throughout the match

MenInGreen said:
No slogging required - milk the English Cow and we will have ice cream at the end of the day !!!

uut waht if u like choc ices

sami should have been brought on earlier. he has bowled well this game. spinners should have been used for fewer overs.

Razzaq and Sami most economical and they bowled the least overs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PapaBear said:
Razzaq and Sami most economical and they bowled the least overs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a lesson for Sami and Razzaq haters....badmaasho sharam karo - ab kahan gaay woh Sami Kay mazaaq hain ?

And what good is Arshad Khan as the super sub? Do we not think before making such decisions? We had 6 freakin' bowlers in the team already. Come on.

MIG lets have a new thread for second innings because this thread is manhoos.

lakha84 said:
when newzealand can chase 332 then why cant we 328
we will inshallah
1. australias bowlers were all inexperianced, englands bowlers arnt
2. the nz grounds are really small, pak grounds are way bigger
3. nz bat right down to no 11
three reasons why pak wont emulate nz

Nauman said:
MIG lets have a new thread for second innings because this thread is manhoos.

i agree. however, start it when inns restarts. otherwise will have a clog up from the start!

MenInGreen said:
That is a lesson for Sami and Razzaq haters....badmaasho sharam karo - ab kahan gaay woh Sami Kay mazaaq hain ?
aah after one meaningless odi i game am i supposed to applaud them?

what was sami stats in the real games vs england? :)

Don't worry lads 4 more games to go. And becoz of the stupid ICC rules of super sub, England get to play with 12 players, and we have only 11. Arshad will not feature. But Liam Plunkett will.

banana246 said:
1. australias bowlers were all inexperianced, englands bowlers arnt
2. the nz grounds are really small, pak grounds are way bigger
3. nz bat right down to no 11
three reasons why pak wont emulate nz

but then the most unpredectiblle team PAKISTAN

My prediction. Pakistan wins in last over!!! Told you we will chase 300 plus today! Didnt I ?

Elan Tedronai said:
aah after one meaningless odi i game am i supposed to applaud them?

what was sami stats in the real games vs england? :)

What have the real games got to do with his performance today!!!! :69: Ignorant thinking to say the least!!!

MenInGreen said:

1/35 :14:

wow! gr8 stuff!

K does anybody know of stream recorder besides wm recorder and SDP???? I need one SDP is messing up. So if you guys want full ball to ball highlight of Pak innings speak up and tell me so I can make this file

Raz said:
What have the real games got to do with his performance today!!!! :69: Ignorant thinking to say the least!!!

i don't care about pyjama cricket especially in this meaningless game.

he went missing as usual in the test series.raz.He has a long way to go to convince me hes not a pie thrower

MenInGreen said:
Oh yes - I forgot that the other match winners did really well today !

akthar has a poor record in lahore so i ddint expect much from him today :p

yes sami bowled well. lets not get carried away thou!

Elan Tedronai said:
i don't care about pyjama cricket especially in this meaningless game.

he went missing as usual in the test series.raz.He has a long way to go to convince me hes not a pie thrower

So if its a meaningless game you wouldnt mind if Pakistan got thrashed?!

You still fail to answer the question :110: ! What has his Test performances got to do with his ODI performance today! They are two separate formats of the game!!!!

Elan Tedronai said:
the other matchwinners did their job in the important games :19:

ET - I hate when people come up with facts to back up fiction....

Guys. This is the first ODI Pak is playing in 3½ months. Add to that the new rules (power play, super sub), it was going to be tricky.

The powerplay rules may have changed the game a little as we will be seeing bigger scores at the end of 50 overs. I reckon a normal 280 - 290 at Gaddafi will be like a 310 or 320. So, I don't think we are out of it just yet. Really depends on how we apply ourselves. Remember Pak chased 315 against India in just 48 overs without the powerplay rules.

Although, Arshad as super sub was a gamble. I thought Yasir Arafat was a better choice. In hindsight, we would probably have liked to have Yasir Hameed as the super sub to have made it a 12 against 12 game instead of a 11 against 12 players.

Raz said:
So if its a meaningless game you wouldnt mind if Pakistan got thrashed?!

You still fail to answer the question :110: ! What has his Test performances got to do with his ODI performance today! They are two separate formats of the game!!!!

raz,

you misunderstand me.I will take a test series win over odis any day

sami did well.but to me it does'nt matter because he has to show consistency.

pacman said:
Guys. This is the first ODI Pak is playing in 3½ months. Add to that the new rules (power play, super sub), it was going to be tricky.

The powerplay rules may have changed the game a little as we will be seeing bigger scores at the end of 50 overs. I reckon a normal 280 - 290 at Gaddafi will be like a 310 or 320. So, I don't think we are out of it just yet. Really depends on how we apply ourselves. Remember Pak chased 315 against India in just 48 overs without the powerplay rules.

Although, Arshad as super sub was a gamble. I thought Yasir Arafat was a better choice. In hindsight, we would probably have liked to have Yasir Hameed as the super sub to have made it a 12 against 12 game instead of a 11 against 12 players.

Pacman - there is too much sense in your post - clearly you do not have a firm understanding of the game like the rest of us....

MenInGreen said:
Pacman - there is too much sense in your post - clearly you do not have a firm understanding of the game like the rest of us....

:)))

MenInGreen said:
ET - I hate when people come up with facts to back up fiction....

sorry boss,but i just can't fault rana and shobby today.They deserve a few bad games after the test series that had.having said that well done razzi and sami for the good performances

MenInGreen said:
:)

i think that was aimed at me :22:

MenInGreen said:

:))) :))) :)))

Well no Afridi so hard to chase. And I did say we will lose this game, though we will the next one to even the series. We always learn for our mistakes lol.

MenInGreen said:

Maybe you will care to elaborate what part I am not understanding :19:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back