Pak Vs Sri |day 5|1st Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan need to entertain us with sixes if nothing else lol.

192 more runs needed to win.

I have an odd feeling, that the break included a message from Woolmer to smack the ball EVERYWHRE.

TaZ said:
Wheres Amjid (Malik hater) Javed?

Not sure, hasn't been on here for a while.

Has he been banned?

He usually lives on here.

AJ doesnt like him as an opener. Cant see anyone better if you ask me

Inzi - gone.

Caught at bat pad for 48* off Murali

267-4

Inzi gone, the sril lankans needed that breakthrough.

Caught by Dilshan

Afridi is padded up in dressing room. Kamran Akmal isn't, so I think Afridi is next man.

Dont worry folks, Inzis dismissal has come too late for SL.

We are safe..

Till the fat umpire Shepherd, or wait, I think its Koertzen says Thats the end of the days play, or do you wanna go off to the batsmen, or until it rains.

Popeye hit Murali for a 4.

Off the mark in style!

spongebob said:
erm...don't count your chickens yet!!!
Agree! Pakistan have the potential to collapse in 10 overs. But Sri Lanka have saved the game for sure.

PapaBear said:
Agree! Pakistan have the potential to collapse in 10 overs. But Sri Lanka have saved the game for sure.
don't forget we only have 3/4 recognised batsmen left...rest are cannon fodder.

PapaBear said:
And what potential is that? Please dont forget that we havent lost a test match for 10 months now! This is a different team!!

zMario said:
Jive Jive, we can't get an extra hour of play, can we?

if we are 90 behind at the allocated end

the umpire can give an extar hour if they forsee a result

depends whether we are close

so the rules state we must be within 90 runs or you want us to be within 90 runs?

zMario said:
so the rules state we must be within 90 runs or you want us to be within 90 runs?
Jive Jive, can u please answer this for me, now I feel confused.

zMario said:

no the rule is or was (IM USING ENGLAND WIN IN KARACHI)

that if a result can be forseen in hte next 45min to hr play should be allowed to proceed unless both captains agree

zMario said:
Jive Jive, can u please answer this for me, now I feel confused.

im using the 90 run mark as target if we do that at the end they may let the game carry on

its a rough estimate

but imho itll be decalred a draw

Great cricket by Pak.

We have shown that we have fighting qualities within our batting; determination; and no fear of Murali who is usually LETHAL in the final inngs esp at home.

Its likely the game will be called off after both sides agree that no win is possible for either side.

Once into the final hour - a mandatory number of 15 overs have to be bowled - and usually 30 mins into that (approx 6-7 overs later) both teams can call it quits. Nothing to do with '90 runs'

Hell I see a result possible, and I'm very important.

Smack a few boundaries, and theres definiatly a result just around the corner

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
if we are 90 behidn with these 2 shoudl we goto extar 1 hr play

The extra hour of play can only be taken if its NOT the last day of the test match. I that case if the umpires feel that the match can be ended on the day itself the captain can request for an extra hour.

Overs cannot be added to the 5th day of play!

Oxy™ said:
Once into the final hour - a mandatory number of 15 overs have to be bowled - and usually 30 mins into that (approx 6-7 overs later) both teams can call it quits. Nothing to do with '90 runs'
r we in the hour

i was thinking if we get to the final hour reqauiring aroung 90 runs

Sensible batting by Malik - take the easy runs now that they are available.
Reward for his earlier defensive play

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
r we in the hour

i was thinking if we get to the final hour reqauiring aroung 90 runs

The final hour begins at 12.30pm (BST) / 1730 hrs (S L time)

So game vcan be mutually called off at 1300 (BST) / 1800 (S L time)

Man, if Day 1 wasn't washed out, or no rain this morning, we could have taken a victory.

zMario said:
Man, if Day 1 wasn't washed out, or no rain this morning, we could have taken a victory.

Or we could have lost yesterday....

I don't get it Oxy, we're winning right now, and if we had time on our side, we would probably win. How could we lose?

zMario said:
SL also wont have declared at 448/5

yay No ball from Murali! Whats Malik doing here? Looking for a fast innings now?

zMario said:
I don't get it Oxy, we're winning right now, and if we had time on our side, we would probably win. How could we lose?

How are we winning?

This game is a draw.

Malik on fire - 2 sixes and a 4 - Murali rattled.

320-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back