PAK vs WI 3rd Test 2nd Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner786

First Class Captain
Runs
Pakistan 257/7 (88.0 ov)

Can Akmal do another one of his rescue acts and get pakistan to 350?

Would be good to see akmal go all out attack like you have to when you have only couple of wickets left,

A century here would do his confidence a great deal of good for south africa,

and what will the pitch be like tomorow?
the swing powell and collymore were gettng then gul and nazir should run through windies top order

Ya a century here is needed and tail enders can offer thier lil shoib akhtar innings.

However, I feel in the bowling department we will be equal if not better, so this one is headed for a close finish. Gul and Nazir can rip them apart as long as they get thier lines and lenghts right.

I would say we need about 130 more runs and atleast take 5-6 wickets as an ideal build up to day 3.

Last edited:
If we can manage to get 350 i would be well chuffed BUT i reckon we might just get to 300.

Its crucial our bowlers get early wickets, also if Lara bats today then we have to get him early or i feel he will score big

will be interesting whos man of the series,

hopefully lara will fail in this match

A few players that need to stand up and be counted today.

Kamran - This is the the type of pitch I think Kamran loves to bat on. Low and slow. He has good defence and plays well with the tail. While I don't think its possible for him to get a century, some support from the lower order may help us get to about 330. His keeping will also be critical to our chances as the bounce isn't too consistent.

Ghul - Again he needs to run in and bowl like he has done all series. He has troubled all the windies batsmen and if he has some luck, he should get a handful of wickets.

Kaneria - We all expect him to go through the lower order, but I think he also needs to this time make a mark with the top order. His duel with Brian Lara will be critical to the outcome of this game.

Last edited:
genghis81 said:
A few players that need to stand up and be counted today.

Kamran - This is the the type of pitch I think Kamran loves to bat on. Low and slow. He has good defence and plays well with the tail. While I don't think its possible for him to get a century, some support from the lower order may help us get to about 330. His keeping will also be critical to our chances as the bounce isn't too consistent.

Ghul - Again he needs to run in and bowl like he has done all series. He has troubled all the windies batsmen and if he has some luck, he should get a handful of wickets.

Kaneria - We all expect him to go through the lower order, but I think he also needs to this time make a mark with the top order. His duel with Brian Lara will be critical to the outcome of this game.

Thats pretty derogatory. I'm not sure whether its intentional or not.

The key will be extending the score past 300 it will give WI something to think about otherwise theyll be pretty confiednet of getting a big lead.

300 a.o. followed by a run riot from turtle (shiv) and lara off our great strike bowler (danish).

kamran akmal should aleast make 75 and then umar gul and nazir should chip in with 20 and 30 runs :19:

Kamran should hang arround til lunch and see pakistan reaches a total of 325-350 , but he is been struggling and the new ball is due ,let see what the morning brings.

genghis81 said:
Isn't that how you spell his name???

I don't know what Ghul is, but please don't pretend you didn't mis-spell his name intentionally.

PAK will be out in an hour or less but WI should let them play for an hour and half because its hard to bat at this time.

mooz said:
I don't know what Ghul is, but please don't pretend you didn't mis-spell his name intentionally.

No need to get too touchy. I spelt it like I say it ... Ghul. I don't pronounce him name as Gul, but rather as Ghul.

Why would I mispell his name intentionally. In fact I didn't even know what Ghul means and how it could be taken offensively. I think some people just like starting fights for no reason.

Ramiz raja and his pink shirt are the only brightspot at National stadium Karachi ,rest is a dust bowl.

genghis81 said:
No need to get too touchy. I spelt it like I say it ... Ghul. I don't pronounce him name as Gul, but rather as Ghul.

Why would I mispell his name intentionally. In fact I didn't even know what Ghul means and how it could be taken offensively. I think some people just like starting fights for no reason.
You havent read a match report, scorecard or even anyones posts that refer to 'Gul'?

I thought it was fairly obvious but....

UJ said:
You havent read a match report, scorecard or even anyones posts that refer to 'Gul'?

I thought it was fairly obvious but
some people pronounce it as 'Ghul'.....anyways it's a non issue!

Need a contribution here from Gul. 10 or 15 would be nice and a solid partnership with Akmal that gets us to 300.

UJ said:

I thought it was fairly obvious but....

Maybe I did, but when I write, I write like I pronounce ... Ghul. Or maybe I have seen the name Ghul somewhere before ... ever heard of Hassan Ghul, one of Osama's associates. You might want to look him up.

Come on ... I don't see the big deal. Like I said, I don't know what is soo derogatory about Ghul rather than Gul. Its like if I typed Mohammad Hafeez instead of Muhammad Hafeez. Or Harun instead of Haroon ... and the list goes on ...

genghis81 said:
Maybe I did, but when I write, I write like I pronounce ... Ghul. Or maybe I have seen the name Ghul somewhere before ... ever heard of Hassan Ghul, one of Osama's associates. You might want to look him up.

Come on ... I don't see the big deal. Like I said, I don't know what is soo derogatory about Ghul rather than Gul. Its like if I typed Mohammad Hafeez instead of Muhammad Hafeez. Or Harun instead of Haroon ... and the list goes on ...
hahaahahahhaa

the best part is.....you aren't even writing like you're pronouncing in that little bolded fragment there. Agree with the second part of your post though.

genghis81 said:

I agree that we don't need to make a big deal of this, but you yourself have spelt the name Gul correctly in the past( u can check your previous posts) and u have called him Ghully before( again check your posts).
btw I am not opposed to calling cricketers names, they are big boys they can take it.

lara made the statement that he is thinking of batting pakistan out of the match ,score 600 + and then have 4-5 session to bowl pakistan out...... Now that what you call planning.

darkmoon459 said:
lara made the statement that he is thinking of batting pakistan out of the match ,score 600 + and then have 4-5 session to bowl pakistan out...... Now that what you call planning.
right....... :13:

PlanetPakistan said:
Should Kami be taking singles of the 2nd ball of the over??
Of course he should. Every run is precious and Gul can hold a bat. Kamran should look to dominate the strike but he should not turn down available runs.

mooz said:
I agree that we don't need to make a big deal of this, but you yourself have spelt the name Gul correctly in the past( u can check your previous posts) and u have called him Ghully before( again check your posts).
btw I am not opposed to calling cricketers names, they are big boys they can take it.

Yes I have called him Ghully ... but I haven't called him Gully. Even Kamran calls him that.

I have always put a 'h' after the 'g' and before the 'u'.

The only time I have used Gul ... is TODAY ... after it has been brought up ... look up my previous posts if you like.

darkmoon459 said:
this is what u call a captain with attacking and aggressive mindset unlike ours kuptaan who thinks 200runsfrom 2days is good.

genghis81 said:
Yes I have called him Ghully ... but I haven't called him Gully. Even Kamran calls him that.

I have always put a 'h' after the 'g' and before the 'u'.

The only time I have used Gul ... is TODAY ... after it has been brought up ... look up my previous posts if you like.

Your post Today, 02:24 (some 3 hrs ago)

"I think you need 4 top notch bowlers not 5, you can have one part timer or defensive bowler.

Well we have 3 top bowlers in this match alone, Gul, Nazir, Kaneria. And then we have others waiting to make a comeback after suspension, Shabbir, Shoaib, Asif. And then we have a few that are out of form Rana, Sami. And then we have some good potential up and comers Samiullah, Najaf Shah, Mohd Irshad, Jamshed Ahmed. It isn't all that bad. In terms of fast bowlers, no other country can claim that even after losing 2 of their best bowlers, they can still find another two class performers."

Gul's defensive batting is far better than Razzaq. that's y me thinks RAzzaq should be send at no11

mooz said:
Your post Today, 02:24 (some 3 hrs ago)

"I think you need 4 top notch bowlers not 5, you can have one part timer or defensive bowler.

Well we have 3 top bowlers in this match alone, Gul, Nazir, Kaneria. And then we have others waiting to make a comeback after suspension, Shabbir, Shoaib, Asif. And then we have a few that are out of form Rana, Sami. And then we have some good potential up and comers Samiullah, Najaf Shah, Mohd Irshad, Jamshed Ahmed. It isn't all that bad. In terms of fast bowlers, no other country can claim that even after losing 2 of their best bowlers, they can still find another two class performers."

Yes and that post was after this incident ... THANK YOU!!! :14: :14: :14:

Oh man ,yesterday there was a"Pakora" vendor in the stands and today
a "Pappert" vendor ,man thats not fair to us perdesi's. :6:

Last edited:
Pathan007 said:
Gul's defensive batting is far better than Razzaq. that's y me thinks RAzzaq should be send at no11

Why bother with Razzak when he is just as consistent as our bottom order batsmen.

Big trouble now. We need to limit them under 300 to have some control. Need to pick up early wickets.

genghis81 said:
Why bother with Razzak when he is just as consistent as our bottom order batsmen.
omg what has this world come to? lower order consistent batsman. scoring 3and 4runs off 50odd balls.

Gul and Kaneria have been in fine form with the bat and obviously enjoy batting with each other.

We could see some fireworks here :11:

Pathan007 said:
omg what has this world come to? lower order consistent batsman. scoring 3and 4runs off 50odd balls.

Well when you put it that way ... our lower order are in fact doing better than Razzak.

Bounce remains to be low. If we put the ball in the right areas and set fields with fielders on both sides of the wicket the Windies will find it difficult to score runs.

Sheikh said:
Bounce remains to be low. If we put the ball in the right areas and set fields with fielders on both sides of the wicket the Windies will find it difficult to score runs.
Bowling straight will cause problems with the uneven bounce. So straighter fields will need to be used.

Did the commentators do a pitch report prior to the start of the days play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back