Pakistan (195/3) secure a 7-wicket victory over Ireland (193/7) in the 2nd T20 to level the series at 1-1

Which side will win the 2nd T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Rizwan is in a win win situation, if he fails, it will be because he didn’t get to open with his favourite buddy. On the other hand, he’s in a prime position to present himself as Pakistan’s saviour……against Ireland.

Well, well, well 🙊🙊

Don't think I have seen a more pathetic amateur fielding effort as Ireland showed today. They looked like part time club level cricketers in the field today.

Loved this comeback from the team. Showed these dibbly dobblers their rightful place. Helped that Fakhar made things easy and Azam ate up the rest of the bowling attack.

Now back in the day, Pakistan tried a ploy to have Shahid Afridi as opener with a mixture of success , the one player they should have made a regular opener was Ijaz Ahmed ..

Ahmed & Anwar would have been one of the most destructive pairings in 90's ODI cricket ..
I see something similar with Fakhar and Rizwan they compliment each other well ..

With Saim Ayub, he is a youngster and of late we have been bad at managing younger players...I am willing to try him in middle order, because he's an excellent fielder and he can bowl (He is underbowled), but it all depends on how valuable he is to Babar , if Babar is not comfortable to bowl him like what Hafeez used to do with his offspin he is better off not playing until a new captain is elected.

Yeah good points. I agree that he is an under-utilised bowler. Babar used him well in PSL 9, but has hardly used him at the international level.

I think one of the reasons that we fail to groom younger talent is because we don't give them enough chances, so personally, i'd like to see Ayub given a longer run opening and to be the green light to just play his natural game.

Best Pakistani commentator since Ramiz. He should be in the world cup, I don't want to hear Waqar or Wasim.

Don't think I have seen a more pathetic amateur fielding effort as Ireland showed today. They looked like part time club level cricketers in the field today.
They are club level. Have you seen a few of them. Carrying extra kilo's.
Ireland is a below average team, that Pak lost to this bunch shows how pathetic they batted in the 1st game.

on this ground against such an attack, score should be minimum 200. Really bare minimum 200.

Lets be honest. Rizwan was reliable. Fakhar and Azam made the chase look super easy!
Just letting you know, I'm not backtracking on Azam.

I still wouldn't prefer him. In the inner circle he can't take singles. Against quality opposition he might struggle. And his keeping skills are poor

Good innings but I would still prefer if they replace saim for usman khan next game. Try fakhar and usman khan opening if Pakistan are batting first.

Let rizwan open if Pakistan is chasing.

Hopefully Saim will also start performing. That will make for a solid top 4 Inshallah

Loved this comeback from the team. Showed these dibbly dobblers their rightful place. Helped that Fakhar made things easy and Azam ate up the rest of the bowling attack.
They didn't? It changes nothing from what I've been saying?

I've said it before even the NZ series started.

Pakistan can win games if their chasing only. If they bat first 90% chance they'll lose, 100% of its SENA and India.

Who's this Commentator that has a Waqar like voice? Enjoyed listening to him. Atleast didn't fumble even once.

Congrats guys.

Babar Azam should get man of the match. His innings with the bat stood out for me.

Pakistan can win games if their chasing only. If they bat first 90% chance they'll lose, 100% of its SENA and India.
They should have actually lost this one too.

Hume dropped 2 set batters in a space of 5-6 balls

People should not do bharangra over this. Have some standards.

Since when was beating and crushing Ireland our god gifted sign that we are goats?

Does this game solve the issue that if Pakistan bats first they'll lose? And that they are a poor batting first team in general?

Nor does it solve the issue imof opening. The openers are a joke and fakhar should rightfully open 100% of the time.

As for Babar, previously I advocated a drop in captaincy, but I advocate a drop in t20 format. The 2022 t20 wc was enough to warrant a boot. Unless its pindi, this dude is useless overseas.

So bro how come pak looks different beast while chasing compare to timid while batting first?

Tbf he’s your best chance at getting it

I’ve seen him enough. He’s a good striker of the ball
So you think azam khan is more better hitter than asif ali is he the best pak hitter in t20 right now?

Tbf bro, Azam isn't the answer, he couldn't even run in the inner circle today.

Usman khan or haris would be better overall and I still stand by it.

His fitness is definitely an issue but if he’s coming in around the 16th over, I won’t mind. Chris Gayle wasn’t obese but was a very bad runner between the wicket, he had to make up for it by clearing the ropes.

Haris and Usman should be in top 4 imo.

fakhar and Rizwan to open.. that would settle the powerplay issue. . leave saim out.. we can try him after t20 wc.. need salman agha at 4 and azam and shadab can come next. .. ifti can play final 2 overs 😂😂

So bro how come pak looks different beast while chasing compare to timid while batting first?
Same reason with South Africa. Mentality.

The captain goes and instills the entire team with the mindset that we must score 160-180 and only 160 to 180. He doesn't go with the approach of hey let's outbat the innings and give em hell.

Babarand rizwan while batting first then play with the idea of batting to your 50, and tbf so does chacha and shadab bat with the idea of proving a minor 20 of 15 ball cameo.

Only fakhar, Azam, haris, Usman Khan, Saim have the mentality to always attack irrespective of form. They have no clue on how to structure an innings deapite knowing full well our bowling is toothless.

It also doesn't help that the captain doesn't understand that abass afridi is not a PP bowler and he can only be utilised from overs 7-15 yet he keeps making him bowl at the death or during the pp. Same qith spin, he doesn't understand that we should have hone with imad and abrar today.

Chasing wise however, the target is set, so rizwan adjusts accordingly and he deserves credit. Fakhar is also 100x better while chasing then he is batting first. Same with the other teams. Its just mentality at the end of the day.

Kohli while class is clearly known to be a better chaser then a better bat first type player.

Same reason with South Africa. Mentality.

The captain goes and instills the entire team with the mindset that we must score 160-180 and only 160 to 180. He doesn't go with the approach of hey let's outbat the innings and give em hell.

Babarand rizwan while batting first then play with the idea of batting to your 50, and tbf so does chacha and shadab bat with the idea of proving a minor 20 of 15 ball cameo.

Only fakhar, Azam, haris, Usman Khan, Saim have the mentality to always attack irrespective of form. They have no clue on how to structure an innings deapite knowing full well our bowling is toothless.

It also doesn't help that the captain doesn't understand that abass afridi is not a PP bowler and he can only be utilised from overs 7-15 yet he keeps making him bowl at the death or during the pp. Same qith spin, he doesn't understand that we should have hone with imad and abrar today.

Chasing wise however, the target is set, so rizwan adjusts accordingly and he deserves credit. Fakhar is also 100x better while chasing then he is batting first. Same with the other teams. Its just mentality at the end of the day.

Kohli while class is clearly known to be a better chaser then a better bat first type player.
Thanks alot for a great post bro you made fantastic points really great stuff.

1. Fakhar
2. Rizwan
3. babar
4. Salman Agha
5. Shadab
6. Ifti
7. Imad/Abrar
8. Shaheen
9. Naseem
10. Abbas / Muhammad Wasim
11. Haris Rauf / M Amir preferabbly Haris

Shadab at 5 is must because no matter what we think about him these days.. he will play anyway

His fitness is definitely an issue but if he’s coming in around the 16th over, I won’t mind. Chris Gayle wasn’t obese but was a very bad runner between the wicket, he had to make up for it by clearing the ropes.

Haris and Usman should be in top 4 imo.
The whole team should be structured as

If Pakistan bats first then

1) Usman Khan
2) Fakhar Zaman
3) Haris
4) Tayyab Tahir
5) Imad Wasim
6) Rizwan( Make shift, bring at no 4 if wickets fall early)
7) Azam Khan

However if Pakistan chases then

1) Fakhar zaman
2) Usman Khan
3) Rizwan
4) Haris
5) Tayyab
6) Imad
7) Azam

i do not know why Salman Agha is under rated.. any guy who can score fifties in Melbourne and Sydney against best test attack in world .. and also score quick fire hundred in Sl against good lankan spin attack.. to me is good enough to play for Pakistan in t20i.. will do lot better than bits abd pieces players

i do not know why Salman Agha is under rated.. any guy who can score fifties in Melbourne and Sydney against best test attack in world .. and also score quick fire hundred in Sl against good lankan spin attack.. to me is good enough to play for Pakistan in t20i.. will do lot better than bits abd pieces players
He's not underrated.

Almost any sane person on this planet, any sane Pakistani fan wants agha over shadab or chacha

@Mamoon

Jee mamoon what was that about telling me to die for claiming razzaq is > Babar?

Ho gi tasali?
How can I get this communicated to you that I will not watch Pakistan cricket matches as long as Amir and Imad are part of the squad?

I haven’t watched a single ball since the NZ series and I don’t intend to either.

And Babar can fail for 20 consecutive innings and he will still be a million times better batsman than Razzaq.

The fact that you are laboring under the delusion that Razzaq was a better batsman than Babar says everything that needs to be said about analytical skills and critical thinking. It is the worse opinion that I have ever witnessed during my time on this forum.

Babar Azam in his post-game interview:

"To be honest it's a feeling of relief.

All the credit goes to our batters for the way they played in this game.

At the innings break, we decided to chase the target down in 18 or 19 overs.

Although in the first 6 overs we lost two wickets but Rizwan and Fakhar built the momentum.

It was a good decision to bowl first as it was overcast and there was rain around.

In the second half of the innings, we bowled well but did not finish well.

170-180 was a par score but Ireland deserve credit for the way they played so well in the last 3 overs,

Rizwan is experienced and he is playing according to the situation which demanded positive intent.

The counter-attack was good for us.

Ireland are a good side to be honest and we are looking forward to the next match and will give our 100%.

How can I get this communicated to you that I will not watch Pakistan cricket matches as long as Amir and Imad are part of the squad?

I haven’t watched a single ball since the NZ series and I don’t intend to either.

And Babar can fail for 20 consecutive innings and he will still be a million times better batsman than Razzaq.

The fact that you are laboring under the delusion that Razzaq was a better batsman than Babar says everything that needs to be said about analytical skills and critical thinking. It is the worse opinion that I have ever witnessed during my time on this forum.

Joke of the century, youve been watching, infacr youve made very descriptive analysis on how amir and shaheen have been bowling, almost as if you watched the last game. Their is no either, if, or, you either follow something or you don't. You switching off the tv and hiding behind espncricinfo doesn't change the fact that you ARE FOLLOWING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

A fit and firing shaheen is better rhen every pakistani bowler even besides Imran and Wasim 🤡.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joke of the century, youve been watching, infacr youve made very descriptive analysis on how amir and shaheen have been bowling, almost as if you watched the last game. Their is no either, if, or, you either follow something or you don't. You switching off the tv and hiding behind espncricinfo doesn't change the fact that you ARE FOLLOWING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

A fit and firing shaheen is better rhen every pakistani bowler even besides Imran and Wasim 🤡.

I haven’t watched anything. I just said that Amir got destroyed by Seifert and was bowling 135 kph. That is what I read on Cricinfo commentary.

I follow the scores from time to time and keep a special on the rubbish performances of Amir but I don’t “watch” anything.

People should not do bharangra over this. Have some standards.

Since when was beating and crushing Ireland our god gifted sign that we are goats?

Does this game solve the issue that if Pakistan bats first they'll lose? And that they are a poor batting first team in general?

Nor does it solve the issue imof opening. The openers are a joke and fakhar should rightfully open 100% of the time.

As for Babar, previously I advocated a drop in captaincy, but I advocate a drop in t20 format. The 2022 t20 wc was enough to warrant a boot. Unless its pindi, this dude is useless overseas.
We are playing Azam Khan. That tells you all you need to know. Standards are club level like.

Amir seems to be at best an average bowler offering little threat. At the interval it seemed another defeat was on the cards for sure. The batting lead by Fakhar was good albeit helped by a few dropped catches. That we are competing against Ireland doesn't fare well for the coming WC. Azam Khan with a few lusty blows contributed something with the bat for a change.

He needed one sighter

He’s got that
Ooh come on!
Ireland bowling is club level. Have you seen the 50 meter boundries?

Its medium pace bowling at 115Ks.
The guy is obese and will always struggle vs 145ks bowling.

Ooh come on!
Ireland bowling is club level. Have you seen the 50 meter boundries?

Its medium pace bowling at 115Ks.
The guy is obese and will always struggle vs 145ks bowling.
Whats he supposed to do? He can only smash what’s in front of him. 2 of those sixes where sixes anywhere

3 of them were against a good bowler (Mark Adair)

Yes this isn’t proof that he is an international player but you will see him feel more confident going forward from here.

As I said, we will see where he stands against England.

Whats he supposed to do? He can only smash what’s in front of him. 2 of those sixes where sixes anywhere

3 of them were against a good bowler (Mark Adair)

Yes this isn’t proof that he is an international player but you will see him feel more confident going forward from here.

As I said, we will see where he stands against England.
This I agree with. Confidence is key for improvement.

I know. The guy stands for disgracing players who played and won for Sarfaraz
Wait then why is he advocating babar over sheryas 😂.

Or is it because Babar was useless in the long scheme of things in that cup?

If someone plays rubbish I call it doesn't matter who it is. Maybe it's different for you.
That Is wrong.

When usman khan was performing in PSL you verbatim bashed him and imad on occasions even making excuses such as Imad did it today sure but what's next?

During my 5 fer argument against Ireland for imad, you repeatedly mocked me yet haven't come back and admitted you were wrong? Considering what's been happening to our pacers in this series and spinners. Infact imad still is the best bowler this series.

You have shown you patiently wait for someone to fail, then go full assault mode on them.

Don't bring me your nonsense. Very very easy to read people like you.

That Is wrong.

When usman khan was performing in PSL you verbatim bashed him and imad on occasions even making excuses such as Imad did it today sure but what's next?

During my 5 fer argument against Ireland for imad, you repeatedly mocked me yet haven't come back and admitted you were wrong? Considering what's been happening to our pacers in this series and spinners. Infact imad still is the best bowler this series.

You have shown you patiently wait for someone to fail, then go full assault mode on them.

Don't bring me your nonsense. Very very easy to read people like you.
Ireland? Try better. You have no clue about the game. I said Usman Khan will flop at internationals and have been proven right so far.

When Imad takes a 3 fer against a proper team in proper format than wake me up.

Based on? It's not his performance at 4 which is his best position according to his performance.
Based on the fact that he is an opener

If sahibzada worked at 7 you would say he should stay at 7?

Pakistan secured victory in the second Twenty20 match against Ireland.

The Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Mohsin Naqvi, presented the shirt to Babar Azam for achieving the most wins in 45 T20 matches. He also presented the shirt to Shaheen Shah Afridi for reaching the milestone of 300 wickets in international cricket.

Mohsin Naqvi extended congratulations to Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi for crossing significant milestones in cricket.

Pakistan secured victory in the second Twenty20 match against Ireland.

The Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Mohsin Naqvi, presented the shirt to Babar Azam for achieving the most wins in 45 T20 matches. He also presented the shirt to Shaheen Shah Afridi for reaching the milestone of 300 wickets in international cricket.

Mohsin Naqvi extended congratulations to Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi for crossing significant milestones in cricket.

Why are these 2 being congratulated? What did they do? Or is pride on surpassing Uganda captain?

Back