Pakistan (195/3) secure a 7-wicket victory over Ireland (193/7) in the 2nd T20 to level the series at 1-1

Which side will win the 2nd T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Fakhar is unstoppable once he gets his eye in
Unfo, he doesnt get it in very often

Will, would, might, if. Fact is they were beaten black and blue by the mediocre pakistani talent. All these IpL heroes who indians seem to think are the saviours.
What does it even matter what happens at that level. After that, we all saw what happened to the main team in the World Cup.

Fakhar Zaman won Pakistan the Champions Trophy opening the batting , and Rizwan is super consistent as an opener ..

In the chaos of Pakistan cricket, we need to stop doubting the proven performers and have a settled combination..

1.Rizwan
2.Fakhar
(Right hand , Left hand combination)
3.Babar

This is a solid top 3 ..

What does it even matter what happens at that level. After that, we all saw what happened to the main team in the World Cup.
Nothing matters its just a game. Just that those guys are pretty poor. All that hype but when i saw them they were being bullied by Saim Ayub and Arshad Iqbal.

Fakhar Zaman won Pakistan the Champions Trophy opening the batting , and Rizwan is super consistent as an opener ..

In the chaos of Pakistan cricket, we need to stop doubting the proven performers and have a settled combination..

1.Rizwan
2.Fakhar
3.Babar

This is a solid top 3 ..

I would rather have Fakhar than Babar in the middle overs.

As ever any Pakistan wins almost always involves Rizwan, Babar or Fakhar, either two or all three.

Fakhar beating Rizwan in strike rate race....

Nothing matters its just a game. Just that those guys are pretty poor. All that hype but when i saw them they were being bullied by Saim Ayub and Arshad Iqbal.

One game. Your best sides keep getting their aukaat shown to them and you are bringing up an Emerging Asia Cup. That's as desperate as it gets. But carry on

Yep. Even the record says he is better at no. 4 in T20Is than Opening or no. 3 position.
Fakhar in the middle overs is good for RR. He should play at this position in the WC.
You guys both are missing the point. Fakhar practically came as an opener today. He failed in last match because he came as number 4 and did not have enough balls to settle down so was wildly swinging and got out.

Fakhar NEEDS to OPEN!

Consistency has not been Rizwan's issue like Babar but it has been SR. Also as rightly mentioned by @mominsaigol. Rizwan while chasing is decent but batting first he needs to improve his game and show the same intent!
Rizwan, Chacha, Shadab, azam, Irfan khan niazi and babar can't play in the same 11 together.

If I advocate rizwan > Babar In games and ask for Bobby, Chacha, Shadab being dropped then people will have my head.

Rizwan has been consistently superior to babar for 2 years now. If you need an anchorer then it's him. Although I'd still prefer saud >, rizwan in odi at 4 is a thorn with babar at 3. Both Bobby and rizzu are issues. Individually rizwan is fine. This set up is trash.

Who thought babar, Rizzu, shadab and chacha all 4 in one is a good idea?

You guys both are missing the point. Fakhar practically came as an opener today. He failed in last match because he came as number 4 and did not have enough balls to settle down so was wildly swinging and got out.

Fakhar NEEDS to OPEN!
Nope. He didn't. He came in when team was 2 down, pressure was on, there was less time and the new ball had lost most of its shine.

This is basic cricketing insight

1.Rizwan
2.Fakhar
3.Babar

This is a solid top 3 ..
And drop Saim?

it would be nice to see if Fakhar can score a century in this game.

A blessing in disguise that King Babar got out early. Otherwise the GOAT would have stat padded to his 50 leaving the rest of the batsman to chase a RRR of 14/15.

Big chance for Ireland now

Rizwan, Azam and Ifti are well known bottlers

Nope. He didn't. He came in when team was 2 down, pressure was on, there was less time and the new ball had lost most of its shine.

This is basic cricketing insight
Your insight is extremely flawed and has an anchoring bias. Here let me give you a simple comparison, what over he came on in today's match versus last match?

1.Rizwan
2.Fakhar
3.Babar

This is a solid top 3 ..
Agreed

1. Siam
2. Rizwan
3. Baber/Fakhar keeping left right combo dependent on first wicket

Top innings from Fakhar. Can we polish the rest off without any drama now ?

One game. Your best sides keep getting their aukaat shown to them and you are bringing up an Emerging Asia Cup. That's as desperate as it gets. But carry on
Thats the side every indian wants for t20. Its indias finest talent that got destroyed by a mediocre pakistani side in the final.Tayyab Tahir showed them levels. Fakhar would end careers.

Agreed

1. Siam
2. Rizwan
3. Baber/Fakhar keeping left right combo dependent on first wicket
Disagree,

Saim, Fakhar as openers ONLY. Babar is currently even more useless than shaberati rizwan.

Fakhar last 4 innings:

78 (40) vs Ireland
20 (18) vs Ireland
43 (33) vs NZ D team
61 (45) vs NZ D team

Fakhar last 4 innings:

78 (40) vs Ireland
20 (18) vs Ireland
43 (33) vs NZ D team
61 (45) vs NZ D team
All came at no. 4 position I believe. That's really good consistency for a no. 4.

Fakhar maybe also good as opener but he is clearly good in this position and Pakistan need a no. 4.

Rizwan happy to see Azam hit a 4, now he wouldnt want Usman Khan back, would he?

That's Azam Khan!

Who says Azam Can't?

Azam Khan vs Hume = 6
Babar Azam vs Hume = Out

Azam > Babar

And drop Saim?
Now back in the day, Pakistan tried a ploy to have Shahid Afridi as opener with a mixture of success , the one player they should have made a regular opener was Ijaz Ahmed ..

Ahmed & Anwar would have been one of the most destructive pairings in 90's ODI cricket ..
I see something similar with Fakhar and Rizwan they compliment each other well ..

With Saim Ayub, he is a youngster and of late we have been bad at managing younger players...I am willing to try him in middle order, because he's an excellent fielder and he can bowl (He is underbowled), but it all depends on how valuable he is to Babar , if Babar is not comfortable to bowl him like what Hafeez used to do with his offspin he is better off not playing until a new captain is elected.

All came at no. 4 position I believe. That's really good consistency for a no. 4.

Fakhar maybe also good as opener but he is clearly good in this position and Pakistan need a no. 4.
Yes correct, all at #4

Do irish not support Ireland cricket? All i hear is PTI supporters in the crowd.

Hadh hai yar, looks like you could be a Babar fan. Dheet stuff.

Hume was God gifted today.

- Got Babar out early.
- Dropped catches of Rizwan and Fakhar to help them.
- Helped Azam get past his HS score.

Pakistan looked like the minnow team until Fakhar and Rizwan's partnership. Some luck which we won't get against better teams but as soon as we asserted ourselves and attacked, Ireland collapsed.

Rizwan in his stat padding mode, couldnt hit a pie for a six and took a single instead. Sigh. Somethings never change.

Hahaha

Lady commentator twice misjudged Azam's shot. Both time she called in field but it was 6!

Back