Pakistan (195/3) secure a 7-wicket victory over Ireland (193/7) in the 2nd T20 to level the series at 1-1

Which side will win the 2nd T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
This is probably the most intent I have ever seen from Rizwan tbf
Rizwan and babar will show this type of intent while chasing.

Not while batting first. That's the problem. As I said, Pakistan is the opposite of sa. Chasing wise their average to alright, batting wise they'll lose 100%

I think with Fakhar. He is at his best when he finds that balance between power and timing. His big shots has both muscle and timing in it.

Also we'll win today because fakhar Is switched on today, plus he's batting in the PP

58/2 in power play is decent

not to worry about 2 wickets loss

only 2 out of 4 players will work in powerplay

today is fakhar and Rizwan's day

Rizwan and babar will show this type of intent while chasing.

Not while batting first. That's the problem. As I said, Pakistan is the opposite of sa. Chasing wise their average to alright, batting wise they'll lose 100%

Funnily enough, his SR is lower batting 2nd. But it could also be because we may have chased some low scores chasing

2M1t9tE.png

Rizwan hasn't timed anything but Fakhar has already read the pitch.

This is poor from Rizwan that he can't adapt. Same mould as Babar.

maybe the rainy conditions? but still should not be dropping those

Not gonna get these lives against a top side.

Still thank you very much !

Even with our bowling unit of Naseem Shah, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Mohammed Amir, we weren't able to contain Ireland.
I've come to a realization that they're not as good as I thought.
Or maybe I've underestimated Ireland.
Somehow I think it's the former.
Not to take anything away from the Irish who have played well, minus the drop catches.

Now the dreaded over 7-15 stage where Pakistan have struggled. Need to maintain this RR.

Funnily enough, his SR is lower batting 2nd. But it could also be because we may have chased some low scores chasing

2M1t9tE.png
Low scores, batting 2nd they've chased 200 multiple times even if they were 3rd tier attacks.

Babar's fastest century comes while chasing.

Problem is batting first Pakistan lacks intent because the goal is to have babar and rizwan stat pad and hope someone else plays a few knocks and the bowling can't defend

Defending with targets in mind their fine but we can't have this SA mentality. Ireland was going to bowl first if they had won toss lol

Fakhar seems to be doing better no. 4 position than open or 3 in this format.
Oh rahnei dei, he's always good when 2 people gets dismissed and he comes in during PP. Excluding the NZ game but even then he was struggling big time at the start.

Problem is batting first Pakistan lacks intent because the goal is to have babar and rizwan stat pad and hope someone else plays a few knocks and the bowling can't defend
This is also why in 2021 when RizBar was working well. I had a thought. Why not send Rizwan and Babar when you are chasing and send Fakhar as opener when you are setting up target.

I want to see Iftikhar against Campher. Looks an ideal candidate for Iftikhar to repeat his heroics of 6 sixes.

This is also why in 2021 when RizBar was working well. I had a thought. Why not send Rizwan and Babar when you are chasing and send Fakhar as opener when you are setting up target.
This I agree with. I'm a huge advocate for shuffling orders. No issue with this.

Spin will win it for Ireland. Both batsmen have gone in a shell out of the blue.

Classic Pakistan batting on show.

Spin will win it for Ireland. Both batsmen have gone in a shell out of the blue.

Classic Pakistan batting on show.
Spin did it for Pakistan, yet we only bowled 4 overs of it

This I agree with. I'm a huge advocate for shuffling orders. No issue with this.
But who will understand this in Pakistan's camp. You need brains. When Australia, England or India introduces something new to game. They make it work, win it with it and then the rest of the world catches up and goes wow.

if pakistan loses this its going to be because of these middles over batsmen too slow

cant blame tailenders and middle order when they come in and have to go all out

What a sound off the bat. Need Fakhar to stay as long as possible.

But who will understand this in Pakistan's camp. You need brains. When Australia, England or India introduces something new to game. They make it work, win it with it and then the rest of the world catches up and goes wow.
Rizwan isn't bad at chasing. I've never complained about that. Ironically he's far far superior to babar or really alot of our batters when it comes to chasing hence his 200 score chases or his record 346 chases, granted rizwan still goes missing against top sides like England while chasing

Issue is batting first, rizzu is one of the worst players when it comes to batting first. As for Babar, I said he fizzled out in 2022 and no one listened. Bobby since 2022 wc is a shallow self, he can only function in Pakistan, he's useless overseas.

They will get better and thrash those guys when both get into the main team. PAK emerging players will regress
Will, would, might, if. Fact is they were beaten black and blue by the mediocre pakistani talent. All these IpL heroes who indians seem to think are the saviours.

50 for the second non world class batsmen after 50 from the first one in last match.

Anyway I said this earlier. We'll win today cause fakhar is switched on today and is in the mood.

Much needed runs for Rizwan and Fakhar, despite the dropped chances.

Great fifty by Rizwan. Came at a time when his team is clearly struggling to win games against associate level teams. Don’t touch his opening position now and make him play there until he retires.

Pakistan got this. :rizwan

Night @all. I'm on election duty tomorrow. Pappu will claim cheating if Im reported late.

Just switched on to see ball going down leg side not being called a wide...

Also this is appalling coversge

Back