Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

I have zero confidence in these two openers...They will get out soon but after eating up too many deliveries...

Starc is not getting his radar right. Bowling a lot of freebie wide of the off stump. Cummins will have tighter line here.

Maxwell and Zampa will be putting skids on.

We need the most runs in PP.

Good start but after a boundary, we have tendency to play 3/4 dots. Utilise them to take singles and doubles.

Anyone know how many dot balls in Australia innings?

I think half of their innings was dot balls

Perfect start for Pakistan.
If they managed to save wickets till 30 overs, then match is surely theirs.

Abdullah will keep getting better and better the more he bats for Pakistan.

He and saud are important players for Pakistan.

Imam gotta go 😭

Imam still looks really shaky despite one nice shot.
From what i have seen he plays a shot through off side when t he ball is full outside the off stump and when it is on the pads. If you bowl a tight line within the stumps he goes nowhere.

Abdullah will keep getting better and better the more he bats for Pakistan.

He and saud are important players for Pakistan.

Imam gotta go 😭
He's still a good batsmen but I would consider someone like Saim Ayub in the future. Build him up for the next WC

He's still a good batsmen but I would consider someone like Saim Ayub in the future. Build him up for the next WC
Saim ayub is a must, so is tayyab and haris.

Important players for Pakistan to groom, Tayyab as the middle order bat, Saim as the opener and haris as the no 7

Abdullah is my favourite Pak bat. He seems to be free of the inherent Pakistani fear/timidty that plagues the line up.

He appears to have a natural attacking edge to his game.

From what i have seen he plays a shot through off side when t he ball is full outside the off stump and when it is on the pads. If you bowl a tight line within the stumps he goes nowhere.

He's rubbish. Abdullah looks miles better.

These are terrible balls. Should be six. Why is he tucking away instead of flicking over square leg

What in the world made Babar think Imam and Abdullah are better ODI openers than Siam Ayub?

Great start from Pakistan here. Babar needs to play well and score big on this flat and fast ground.

Australia bowling the wrong line to Abdullah.
Need to target the stumps with the ball coming into him.

Back