Pakistan (306/5) defeat West Indies (305/8) by 5 wickets in the 1st ODI

These two are so bad at strike rotation that it's comical :)))

What are the coaches doing?

Pak going into their shells, was a good start as well.

This is so boring

It's not even high quality bowling. Just straight as an arrow short of good length bowling. These two are trying to manufacture shots that aren't there!

Just turn the face of the bat and take singles lol

shameful school boy batting from pakistan as usual in a PP, cant even do basics and rotate the strike 🤦*♂️

Goood test match this i must say..somehow got 9 off the first over and then this snail pace...we are chasing 300 are they aware

Lovely jarooooo shot by our tail ender..not his fault though that is the quality we have

Foolish rash shot by Fakhar. Has to understand he just needs to stay at the crease and eventually runs will start flowing. Don't try to force it if it's not there.

Pakistani batsmen struggling to time the ball on this wicket.

I think having wickets in hands is key here, but need to rotate strike too, do not need to do anything special, its a chase able total, just need to bat wisely

Never seen so many dots ball in my lifr..ducking every short ball thats not the way to go they have decent spinners too. Must say hasan and rauf could learn something from these guys

Looks like 305 is way too much for our players. Should restrict WI under 250. Hasan Ali keeps costing us matches. Wanna be coach Saqi needs to go.

Pakistan is an awesome T20 team but their ODI strategy is always mind boggling always seems
like they depend upon momentum.

Windies targeting Imam with short stuff - very good plan as it's an obvious weakness.

Too early to call I think, only one wicket down and rr above 4, so not out of it by any stretch.

RRR is already 6.67. This is not T20 that even 10 RPO can be chased.

If WI don't choke, they should win this game.

Pakistani batters just cannot play the short ball at all. It's confusing how bad they are at it.

Alzari really charging in here.

Impressive speeds in this little spell.

Babar being exposed on a pitch where the ball is stopping and not coming on to the bat.

Windies targeting Imam with short stuff - very good plan as it's an obvious weakness.

Cant play short ball, cant rotate strike; plays like a snail in PP. WI are better off keeping him in.

Usual comments regarding game being decided by powerplay etc, 300 these days is just about par in ODI, as long as Pak dont collapse they can easily win this even with tuk tuk.

RRR is already 6.67. This is not T20 that even 10 RPO can be chased.

If WI don't choke, they should win this game.

It's not but it's not the 1990's either, I know its only Pakistan but plenty of teams have won from this position in the modern era.

And this Pak team led by Babar is far more composed in chasing than their predecessors.

Pakistani batters just cannot play the short ball at all. It's confusing how bad they are at it.

You just wonder what it is they do in practice? And how they prepare for what the opponents are likely to bowl?

Pakistan is still going fine at the moment- just need to continue batting, and rotate strike, do not need to do anything crazy. The lack of ability to play short ball is a concern- (t20 world cup) is in Australia, and Short ball and bounce will be something Pak will have to deal with. granted different format, but something that can be a concern for the team

Imam nearing 50 at a decent sr, sort of glided under the radar.

I am going in and out of the match- since im working- but for the bits i have seen i think Pakistan should be fine InshAllah- Hope Babar and Imam can score big here.

Pakistan look rusty while Wi are drilled after thumping the Dutch

So Pakistan need to finish at least eighth in the super league to qualify for the WC and are currently 10th, hmmm interesting.

playing such feeble cricket with bat will be exposed by better sides during world cup if pakistan get there.

Pakistan starting to up the scoring now which is nice to see. Should aim to get around 210-220 at 40 overs.

Nothing wrong with the current position of Pakistan. They are going very nicely. The problem will come if these two get out before the 40th over. The rest of the batting lineup is a joke.

So Pakistan need to finish at least eighth in the super league to qualify for the WC and are currently 10th, hmmm interesting.

If they fail to make top 8, then need to make 1st or 2nd from 10 teams in the qualifiers. I'm not fancying my chances here, Pak better make it in the top 8.

These two are doing okay wickets in hand in the last 15 will be gold.

If they fail to make top 8, then need to make 1st or 2nd from 10 teams in the qualifiers. I'm not fancying my chances here, Pak better make it in the top 8.

Is next world cup 10 teams or 12?

If its 10, Pakistan should be very careful. Each and every odi will be important.

This league setup is pretty dumb in all honesty. Bangladesh are leading the table, Afghanistan is 3rd, WI 4th, Ireland 7th. Utterly laughable if they teams make automatic qualifications.

NZ, SA, Pakistan all out of top 8. NZ only played 6 matches however and won all 6. Some big disparity in ODI games played too. Really weird and poor setup of the format.

[MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] 's favourite batter the Righteous to take us home. :inzi2

Edit, Babz on fire!

Alzarri Joseph has been bowling 145 ks consistently in this weather. He has increased his pace significantly.

All our batsmen come from the dressing room with a free pass for the first 20 deliveries. Play as you please, forget about the match situation

Someone ought to remind Rizwan what the RRR is.

Babar looking to hit out. That's what happens when your partner is moving at a snails pace

Pakistani batters struggling to time the ball. Maybe the pitch is a bit slow.

Rizwan has been abysmal. Do any of our batsmen start their inns with any positive intent.

Rizwan has been terrible in ODI format. He needs to get going now. Too many chances he got.

Rizwan is never a no.4 batsman, where do thick tank get these ideas from? He's not a guy that can impose himself on the opposition.

Well you can't perform in every game now. It's not a video game you know...

Every game? He's been actually poor in this format. There's hardly any flow to his batting. U cant just come out and suck out the momentum after good start and he's been doing it regularly.
What if he gets out now?? Thats why u need batsmen who dont take long to get going in middle order.

Last edited:
at this stage winides were at 175 runs, so Pakistan are a head a bit in that aspect, but can Pakistan hit big when it matters.

Back