Pakistan A v South Africans l Sharjah | 09/10/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like my prediction of Shan Masood, Ahmed Shehzad and Faisal Iqbal as 3 players selected for the squad may come true.

Pakistan A 152/2 (53 overs)

Faisal Iqbal on 6 (14 balls)
Azhar Ali on 24 (63 balls)

Azhar Ali just wastes deliveries for the sake of wasting them. Needless.

He has 52 overs to play. A fluent century will do him a big favor :jm

Could it have been any better?

Pakistan already around 140/1. Ball about 50 overs old. Duminy and Kallis in operation to give him the perfect reception.

But Alas ! He still manages to fail. :jm

Shafiq is in , very very important innings he has to get some 40 odd runs anything less he will be thrown out

Azhar Ali is not a batsman, people need to realise that. People call him a glorified tailender are not lying, comparisons with Dravid are shocking to say the least. Players like Dravid worked their way up the ranks, for example Dravid represented U-15, U-17 and U-19 as a batsman. This is where you develop yourself for the rest of your life. This is where you learn to play your strokes, where you learn to pick the gaps. Azhar Ali was a leg spinner for almost his whole life and then decided to become a batsman, hence his limited strokeplay and low strike rate. Batsmanship is an art, not a case of survival.

Umar Amin does not need to bat, he only needs to run himself out to get into the Test XI.

But I am happy for Asad that he gets another chance.

Oh well, seems like Faisal Iqbal will have a very sad story to narrate to his grand children.

Thank god Asad has been given a chance, now we need him to perform, they should retire Azhar after his 50 and give Maqsood a bat, Amin already in test squad so he should come after Asad Shafiq or Maqsood...

On one hand you could say that Amin is selfish if he promoted himself above Shafiq,though he himself is not sure of a place in the side.Good work,Captain. We need more of this. No selfishness,think about the team. And on the other you could say that Amin did a good job by promoting Shafiq above himself,and people can say that he hid himself because he didn't want to be exposed. I think Amin did a good job. Arugement can go both way but I think Amin took a good step. :amin

It just baffle me that PCB gives chances to Faisal Iqbal and not to Umar Akmal to prove himself... Its a completely flat batting track, do you think Umar cannot play here? - Comeon this country has no future, such a ****ing corrupt culture

Does it even occur to anyone here that Umar Amin is NOT making any of the decisions regarding the toss or the batting order? It's down to the selectors and the coaches who are there who i'm sure are passing on instructions. no need to blame him for promoting or demoting someone

Pakistan A 187/3 (65 overs)

Asad Shafiq on 14 (32 balls)
Azhar Ali 41 (96 balls)

Robin Peterson 7 overs, 2 maidens, 1 wicket, 21 runs

Why is Azhar not retiring??

If a youngster like Shan can retire out why not Azhar :facepalm:

Is this Shan Masood guy any good? Will he make it to the Test XI?

Like all other opening options, he is not very talented, but he bats with grit and determination and has decent technique....

He will get in to the test side some time soon..

Well a little bot of aggression from azhar and shafiq and azhar retires with a fine SR and shafiq going smoothly too.... hopefully would reach a 50

yes looks like Shahzad,Shaan and Asad will be included and may be Maqsood as 16th member if he gets a 50

hope Maqsood gets his chance tomorrow :) Great Batting by Everyone (Except Iqbal) :)

looks like somebody other than Umar Amin is deciding the batting order. Is that the Boss? :moin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back