Pakistan Charity Match - Oval - 10th July 2006 (merged)

Thank God, I am very glad to say that I was there too !

Spectacular stuff. Surprise from a fast bowling legend. Master classes from Lara & Tendulkar. Explosive brute hits from Dhoni. Afridi showing why hes the Real Hitters Champion. And Inzi, well just excellence and deliverance under pressure.

All for just 2 hrs time and £20 - now if that aint value for money I dont know what is.

Oxy™ said:
20 more overs....

don't think it would have made much of a difference to the value of the money spent to be honest.

Fantastic reviews Oxy et al, really enjoyable to read, God I wish i had gone!

Hash said:
don't think it would have made much of a difference to the value of the money spent to be honest.
I'm only kidding.

The action squeezed into 120 balls possible may have exceeded a full 20-20 game.

All went home satisfied..except those 'Boys in Blue'...

DM said:
Fantastic reviews Oxy et al, really enjoyable to read, God I wish i had gone!

It was a restrained review - I dont have the scope of language to describe a 12 ball- 42!

Oxy™ said:
I'm only kidding.

The action squeezed into 120 balls possible may have exceeded a full 20-20 game.

All went home satisfied..except those 'Boys in Blue'...

One of the best parts of the day was all the taunting of the Indians outside the ground!

Hash said:
One of the best parts of the day was all the taunting of the Indians outside the ground!

Calm down Hash dont take it so seriously :11: , the game was for a good cause; I am glad Pakistan won this game. It bought some joy and financial relief for all those poor people.. We will see you and your 'world class' players at the WC in WI, hopefully you guys will have better luck against us this time :19: ...

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
Calm down Hash dont take it so seriously :11: , the game was for a good cause; I am glad Pakistan won this game. It bought some joy and financial relief for all those poor people.. We will see you and your 'world class' players at the WC in WI, hopefully you guys will have better luck against us this time :19: ...

:))

Take a chill pill Rotti saab. You weren't there so you didn't get any hassle. Nothing for you to worry about. Just your fellow countrymen seemed to be all talk and making a lot of noise but shut up when Afridi got going. We dished it out to them outside the ground and then watched them squirm and run away with their tails between their legs. Nothing else! Just a bit of harmless banter/fun.

As for the WC.......we aren't the ones who just got humiliated and smashed by the WI, so if anyone should be worried about what might happen over there, it's you ;-)

Hash said:
:))

Take a chill pill Rotti saab. You weren't there so you didn't get any hassle. Nothing for you to worry about. Just your fellow countrymen seemed to be all talk and making a lot of noise but shut up when Afridi got going. We dished it out to them outside the ground and then watched them squirm and run away with their tails between their legs. Nothing else! Just a bit of harmless banter/fun.

As for the WC.......we aren't the ones who just got humiliated and smashed by the WI, so if anyone should be worried about what might happen over there, it's you ;-)

How we perform against any other team is irrelevant, hopefully for ur sake Pakistan and their fans wouldnt go back with the doggy tail between their legs which has happened during all the past WCs when u played us :19:

Romali_rotti said:
How we perform against any other team is irrelevant, hopefully for ur sake Pakistan and their fans wouldnt go back with the doggy tail between their legs which has happened during all the past WCs when u played us :19:

We'll see. ;-)

Romali_rotti said:

Well I wasn't at any of the WC games so I am not aware of any taunting by Indian fans but I can assure you we wouldn't run away like dogs (NOTE: like the Indian fans last Monday!) We would come back at you with full force!

Back