Pakistan reach 328/4 at stumps on Day 1 of the 1st Test against England

If Shan is going at 100+ and Shafique is close to 70 too with sr…

You know this is an absolute pancake
The pitch will break on day 4 and day 5

Pakistan must score 650+ at a quick rate

Shan Masood has taken a liking to Shoaib Bashir today, scoring 4 boundaries against him.

irG401s.jpg

This thread since the start has been around how many runs Babar will score.

Brothers our cricket isn't just Babar. Let's watch these guys bat first before worrying about him.

Runs banaye to bhi problem or ni banaye to bhi problem . :ssmith
I agree but there is no harm in acknowledging the role of the pitch and the poor bowlers. Pakistan will need to bat long and stack a lot of runs to put England under pressure. Even though the scorecard looks very good its about par for what type of surface this is ( and the new nature of test match cricket being played worldwide)

England probably need a session of Ben Stokes on the field with his whites on, doing things that Stokes does.

Pak should take advantage of this start and score big, may be >650 to ensure they dont have to bat again.

3rd innings most likely won’t begin till day 5

England will bat Looong, they have players who score double tons for fun on track slightly difficult than this let alone a track that offers nothing for seam, swing or spin.

Unless they shout themselves in the foot, England won’t lose this.

Pakistan seam attack of Shaheen, Naseem and Jamaal on this deck.

Maybe even I fancy a double ton.

This is the test of our mental capacity now. Are they satisfied with their little 50s? Or will they make it count?

I suspect the former but hope for the latter

This is the test of our mental capacity now. Are they satisfied with their little 50s? Or will they make it count?

I suspect the former but hope for the latter
Well, a little 50 gives Abdullah and Shan another 10 Test matches.

A little 50 gives Babar another 50 Test matches

A couple of failures throws Sarfaraz out of Pakistan cricket.

We are consistent

Rizwan has been treated like an outsider
This road was rolled out so Rizwan doesn’t get enough time to cash in and do what anyone else does at 6 with easier batting conditions with the ball gone soft…his 178 cannot be deemed better than Saud’s 160 in such conditions for captaincy, he won’t have enough time.

Pak pitches have always been flatter than there roads. But don’t have the reverse swing bowlers now.

Has walking wicket Ayub ever scored more than 45 since he started playing for Pak? Whoz parchi is this guy?

Mate this pitch is a scam to save Shan and the rest of the crap lot
I agree - the problem with our boys is that even with everything stacked in their favour, they’ll make a nice 50 - do a calculation of “will this enable selection for the next 2 years”. If “yes”, time to head back to the pavilion and relax

This multan stadium deserves more international cricket. It is very beautiful stadium plus crowds loves to come in.
Why they did not include multan stadium for CT.

The pitches were flat in the last series too. But to their credit, the Bangladesh bowlers bowled with alot of discipline and consistency. They did not allow PAK batters the opportunity to score runs easily. England by comparison have been all over the place.

The pitches were flat in the last series too. But to their credit, the Bangladesh bowlers bowled with alot of discipline and consistency. They did not allow PAK batters the opportunity to score runs easily. England by comparison have been all over the place.
Also, Pakistani batters were very laidback in their approach which led to wickets being thrown away against the run of play. These guys were as comfortable in the first innings of the Bangladesh series where they went for a stupid declaration, then proceeded to collapse in the subsequent innings.

They will collapse in this series too under pressure, it's a given.

Indians be very worried roooot may well break tendulkars record in this series.

This will be an era defining series. Pakistan to deliver the final Ko and win 2-1. Mark my words

And you guys were saying...?

144/1.

Smashing. At 4.59

Coul up the ante more though

Also, Pakistani batters were very laidback in their approach which led to wickets being thrown away against the run of play. These guys were as comfortable in the first innings of the Bangladesh series where they went for a stupid declaration, then proceeded to collapse in the subsequent innings.

They will collapse in this series too under pressure, it's a given.
Yes. Poor defensive approach and they completely misread the pitch too. PAK need to understand that flat pitches at home are a fact of life. It has almost always been this way, with the pitch breaking on Day 4 and 5. The only thing that has changed is the quality of our bowling.

Indians be very worried roooot may well break tendulkars record in this series.
He deserves to. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean srt wasn't a great player. Root has to prove he can score in aus though to be regarded as the best ever. Or top 5 best ever. Right now top 10 in all time list.

Yes. Poor defensive approach and they completely misread the pitch too. PAK need to understand that flat pitches at home are a fact of life. It has almost always been this way, with the pitch breaking on Day 4 and 5. The only thing that has changed is the quality of our bowling.
Our bowlers have fitness issues, which leads to them bowling below 130 kph. Reverse swing will do nothing at that pace, and our spinners have been worse than the visiting teams for a while now.

No rocket science why we are struggling in the longer formats.

Just want to see some brutal pace and bounce. Want to see pakistan bowlers broken some bones of the English batters and potentially retire them.

If you can't get them our, hurt them and get rid of them via inflicting pain.

Just want to see some brutal pace and bounce. Want to see pakistan bowlers broken some bones of the English batters and potentially retire them.

our players will get injured all-right... from dumb injuries because they lack fitness

In the last two years, the two pitches that were really bad were the ones they dished out at Rawalpindi against Australia and England. Almost all the other pitches produced results. I think by focusing too much on the pitches people are looking past how truly awful Pakistan's bowling has become. I mean why is it that visiting team bowlers average significantly better than PAK's in past two years?

If pitch doesn't do something by Day 4 or 5 then criticism regarding pitch is valid. But flat pitches have always been a fact of life in Pakistan.

Pitch seems like a highway. Need 500+ quickly and hope Root and co make silly mistakes with enough time left in the test to force a result

Our bowlers have fitness issues, which leads to them bowling below 130 kph. Reverse swing will do nothing at that pace, and our spinners have been worse than the visiting teams for a while now.

No rocket science why we are struggling in the longer formats.
Yes I think alot of issues are at play. But what I am seeing is that there are not even many express pacers in domestic anymore. All the best performers: Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali are 130 kph medium pacers. So clear lack of talent too.

Bazid Khan during commentary on Day 1 of 1st Test between Pakistan and England:

"The last Test played here was Pakistan v England, and Abrar got a 11-fer. But it's a different look to the pitch this time. There's a lot of grass But if you have a closer look, it's still quite dry. That means the grass is there to help the pitch remain intact. There might be seam, swing up front. But I reckon spinners will have a role to play".

what kind of pitch is this flat road . This pitch made to boost batting average of pakistani batsman? We need spin track to produce result.

Seen it before when eng will put runs on the board put pressure on Pak, these same abdulla Masood & the rest will collapse miserably in the 2nd innings.

Unfortunately Pakistan does not have those type of bowlers anymore. Just boring milk toast 130 kph medium pacers.

I have a strong feeling this pitch will start to do something by Day 4 and 5. Spin will come into play.

Shan Masood's wagon wheel shows that he hits straight against spin but not so much against pace.

Maybe spinners need to bowl wider and slightly shorter and force him to hit square of the wicket.

First 150 runs partnership for 2nd wicket for Pakistan since Azhar Ali retired from Test Cricket

Pakistan dominating. Shan is bossing England. Revival of Pakistan test team has begun under Gillespie.

Shan Masood's wagon wheel shows that he hits straight against spin but not so much against pace.

Maybe spinners need to bowl wider and slightly shorter and force him to hit square of the wicket.
Yeah that's basically how Lyon got him out in Australia after he hit Lyon for a couple of straight boundaries.

Shan haters in hiding, captain's knock this, no one can deny that. Need to play a really big knock, I'm talking 150-200!

@gazza619 I think the curator for this pitch was smuggled in from Israel. Clear conspiracy to save Shan’s captaincy and keep Rizwan away.
Such obsession with Riz, lol.

He bats, you are upset.

He doesnt bat, you are upset.

He is praying, you are upset,

He is not skipper, you are upset.

I bet when Riz retires, you guys will still follow him looking to criticise on something.

What does it require for you to stop this obsession? Dowry? Blood money?

Yeah that's basically how Lyon got him out in Australia after he hit Lyon for a couple of straight boundaries.
Very poor planning and execution by Pope/English bowlers.

They should've learnt from the way Rohit and Indian brains trust shut down their own batters with such planning.

Some very thoughtless bowling and field placements

Some of the stands at this stadium are so bad with zero shade from the sun. It's criminal to give fans these kind of facilities and expect them to want to come to the stadium.

Pak pitches have always been flatter than there roads. But don’t have the reverse swing bowlers now.

Has walking wicket Ayub ever scored more than 45 since he started playing for Pak? Whoz parchi is this guy?
There is a thing called cricinfo maybe you should check that out and see the last 2 tests of Pakistan in both of which he scored more than 45.

It's 36 Celcius in Multan and England's fielders are struggling

Ben Stokes is running drinks to keep them hydrated

RHyG2Zt.jpg

Good hundred in a challenging hot condition.its not easy to beat Pakistan in such conditions

Excellent start by Pakistan.

English are fielding County level attack in a test in Multan. Famous for its smooth and fine soil that bakes into flat roads.

I may be wrong about Shan. I called him THE worst top order test batter ever. I will have my humble pie hot please.

Back