Pakistan reach 328/4 at stumps on Day 1 of the 1st Test against England

Sad to see. PCB had already nailed the test coffin shut. Now the coffin is just being buried six feet under.

I just do not understand such pitches. This will turn off the few remaining Pak. test fans.
tbf at least Shan is trying entertain and look good by batting free flow. Its players like Abdullah that were killing the viewing experience on these decks even. Hes still doing it now.

Sad to see. PCB had already nailed the test coffin shut. Now the coffin is just being buried six feet under.

I just do not understand such pitches. This will turn off the few remaining Pak. test fans.
Pakistan has always had such pitches. The average fan doesn't know this due to the long sabbatical we took from hosting international cricket unfortunately.

You always need a rapid out and out pace bowler to unsettle the batsmen here (either with reverse swing or beating the batsmen in the air), and a varied spin attack to take advantage of the deteriorating conditions on day 4 and 5.

Carse too predictable, hasnt bowled a single yorker in his spell today

The decision to drop Imam has proven to be correct. Lets say Saim wasnt playing and Imam did bat on this deck with Abdullah, there is no way Pakistan would have scored 250ish around 50 overs with both Abdullah and Imam batting even on this deck against this kind of attack.
So No-look Ayubi’s failure is a actually a success? I expected this from you.

The decision to drop Imam has proven to be correct. Lets say Saim wasnt playing and Imam did bat on this deck with Abdullah, there is no way Pakistan would have scored 250ish around 50 overs with both Abdullah and Imam batting even on this deck against this kind of attack.
Imam is garbage. One of the most mentally weak batters Pakistan has produced in the last dedade.

Imam is garbage. One of the most mentally weak batters Pakistan has produced in the last dedade.
Exactly, even if Pakistan think of replacing Saim, it shouldnt be with Imam or someone who bats like him. Send in the next most aggressive opener in the domestic circuit. Or Maybe Shan should open with Kamran coming in at 3

I would not say Imam is mentally weak just does not have the necessary talent for modern cricket.

ICC must ban this pitch and also warn the PCB for allowing such ultra-flat surfaces. What a shame!

When logic dies, this sort of stuff comes out of the mouth.
Logic dies? How about your horrid logic that you apply for Rizzu's numbers but can't actually back it with comparisons?

Hence you feel the need to use arguments like Travis head has no relevance in this thread?

People should be fine with this sort of pitches if it produces results for Pakistan.

Abdullah getting out? Don't be fooled by his century, it's a crap century on such a phata wicket.

After scoring a century Abdullah departs.

It was quite funny to see both Abdullah Shafique and Shan both cramping

As long as we are getting results, why would anyone bother with a complaint?
What's results bhai? You expect pakistan to bowl England out 2x? On such a wicket? It's either a win for England or a draw for both sides

The thing about Mark Wood is that he is a short height bowler. His bouncers skidded on these conditions hence became dangerous for our batsmen.

What's results bhai? You expect pakistan to bowl England out 2x? On such a wicket? It's either a win for England or a draw for both sides
A win for England is a result, you need to work on your comprehensions skills.

We have been white-washed 3-0 by England in 2022, hence three results.

White-washed by Bangladesh 2-0 in 2024, hence two results.

Results don't necessarily mean results in our favor.

A win for England is a result, you need to work on your comprehensions skills.

We have been white-washed 3-0 by England in 2022, hence three results.

White-washed by Bangladesh 2-0 in 2024, hence two results.

Results don't necessarily mean results in our favor.
So you're happy with a draw?

When Cricket becomes a form of persecution that you love sadistically, you embrace 110 T20 sr openers as saviours
Sometimes I wonder whether you are part of some betting company, which got rebuked by Babar and Rizwan :afridi

tbf at least Shan is trying entertain and look good by batting free flow. Its players like Abdullah that were killing the viewing experience on these decks even. Hes still doing it now.
I'm so glad to see Shan batting well. Have always rated him highly.
Although flat pitches, he still has to score.

Shan's concentration looks like it's waning. Expect him to get out relatively soon. Hope not though

Logic dies? How about your horrid logic that you apply for Rizzu's numbers but can't actually back it with comparisons?

Hence you feel the need to use arguments like Travis head has no relevance in this thread?
Stop this obsession with Rizu and Chacha and stop bringing Travis Head into every discussion

Kaam ka na kaaj ka..

Stop this obsession with Rizu and Chacha and stop bringing Travis Head into every discussion

Kaam ka na kaaj ka..
This obsession stops once they leave the team like they rightfully should. Or if they start winning games for pakistan on a consistent basis.

You have rizwan and Chacha occupying thr middle, no reason why they can't generate wins if they work together

Ramiz on Babar: "Probably cant go to a wedding2

Yeah maybe you want him to come to a wedding with you as the groom and him as the bride

Man the king chants are so lame, when the lad has been averaging around 20 in this WTC cycle.

As far as I can remember, Pakistan pitches have always been like this.
That's why Wasim and Waqar we're so impressive in home conditions.

Im not the one who has been embarrassing himself with his flimsy views recently. You should self reflect.
By the way it seems like Baba Saigol has no other activity in his life but to like your every post. I am sure you must be equally irritated.

Perhaps admins can create a new function that your every post automatically has Baba Saigol’s like signature.

As a bit of a toss up, it would have been fun to see Salman Ali Agha come in instead of Babar Azam. Would have been fun to watch him and Shan bat together.

By the way it seems like Baba Saigol has no other activity in his life but to like your every post. I am sure you must be equally irritated.

Perhaps admins can create a new function that your every post automatically has Baba Saigol’s like signature.
Whats stopping you from liking posts of @Ahmed216 or @Usman Chadda who hold flimsy cricketing views like you do? Why dont you 3 become the 3MB of PakPassion? 3 jobbers for Babar and Rizwan

As far as I can remember, Pakistan pitches have always been like this.
That's why Wasim and Waqar we're so impressive in home conditions.
Exactly.

Teams need to have specific skill sets to succeed here.

Just like that 2 new batsmen in.

Bruv if Pakistan get bowled out for less than 400 here

I give alot of respect to @Rana Because he's one of the few who isn't afraid to be hated for certain opinions.

Now yes, I believe those said opinions are true as I believe their factual.

From.your standpoint you think it's all bogus, which is fair, your entitled to your own beliefs in the same way humans who believe the world is flat are entitled to it.

But atleast he has the ability to talk about his standpoint, not like you who runs away or tries to deviate the topic 24/7.

ICC must ban this pitch and also warn the PCB for allowing such ultra-flat surfaces. What a shame!
Pak will say Eng Bangladesh have whitewashed us on these pitches. Aus won 1-0 NZ series was 1-1 we’re giving you results why the ban?

Pak will collapse 2nd innings result will happen

For those wondering why Shan fell, it was due to fitness. Halat dekho. He is not a test batter.

Please don't get insecure of either @Ahmed216 and @gazza619

Meantime, your chand ka tara Saud Shakeel is at the crease alongside your favorite cricketer. Happy days?
see, you can be a faction and take down mines.

enjoy each other's views, bond with each other, make fun of my views on Asif Ali or whatever. Spread love, fight the hate and evil.

Can someone tell me how the pitches behaved through out history at multan
I do remember it being flat in 90s too but not this flat.

And this pitch looks like it will deteriorate on day 4/5 correct?

Exactly, even if Pakistan think of replacing Saim, it shouldnt be with Imam or someone who bats like him. Send in the next most aggressive opener in the domestic circuit. Or Maybe Shan should open with Kamran coming in at 3
Hurraira has been doing very well in domestic I think he should be in line for a debut soon.

Highest 2nd-wicket partnership for Pakistan in Tests:

291 - Mushtaq Mohammad, Zaheer Abbas vs England, 1971
287 - Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez vs Sri Lanka, 2012
262 - Ijaz Ahmed, Saeed Anwar vs New Zealand, 1996
253 - Abdullah Shafique, Shan Masood vs England, today

see, you can be a faction and take down mines.

enjoy each other's views, bond with each other, make fun of my views on Asif Ali or whatever. Spread love, fight the hate and evil.
What is this meltdown bruv?

Enjoy the sight of Saud and Babar batting together. Not sure who will throw their wicket away first :sarf2

I hope the middle order will not undo the good work by Shafiq and Shan. Pakistani batsmen are the best in gifting wickets even on dead pitches.

He scored 150 at a SR of 90+ for most of his innings in baking 36 degree heat. In an innings that featured alot of running between the wickets. Any batter would be tired. Shan's fitness is one of the best in the side.
The commentators disagree. But he did score a 150 and played a billion times better them Abdullah shafiq

What is this meltdown bruv?

Enjoy the sight of Saud and Babar batting together. Not sure who will throw their wicket away first :sarf2
What's your issue with Saud? You've hated him since his debut? And the hate seems personal? Not even cricket related

Back