Pakistan reach 328/4 at stumps on Day 1 of the 1st Test against England

Excellent start by Pakistan.

English are fielding County level attack in a test in Multan. Famous for its smooth and fine soil that bakes into flat roads.

I may be wrong about Shan. I called him THE worst top order test batter ever. I will have my humble pie hot please.
Well you can't be blamed for having that opinion about a guy averaging 28 in 36 tests. But he has played beautifully today. Even on a flat pitch scoring a hundred at a SR of 100 is no small feat.

Yes I think alot of issues are at play. But what I am seeing is that there are not even many express pacers in domestic anymore. All the best performers: Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali are 130 kph medium pacers. So clear lack of talent too.
Our express pacers don't play domestic cricket, that's also an issue.

The only English bowler who would helped them to get some wickets would had been Robinson, Anderson would had just kept it tight.

Shan in his zone can take the match away from the opposition, he wont forgive bad balls even by the smallest margins and scores really quick.

Big difference between Indian flat pitches like Rajkot and Pakistani flat decks .

You still get some grip, seam and reverse on flat Indian wickets.

PAK flatties have nothing in them for any bowler.

Big difference between Indian flat pitches like Rajkot and Pakistani flat decks .

You still get some grip, seam and reverse on flat Indian wickets.

PAK flatties have nothing in them for any bowler.
The biggest difference is lack of pace. Pak flatties are like ultra slow

The biggest difference is lack of pace. Pak flatties are like ultra slow
You can't easily score at 4.7 - 5.0 RPO on a slow wicket. It's coming on well enough.

I don't think Pakistani wickets are particularly slow by Asian standards.

Very low bounce though. The new ball carries through on Indian red soil pitches.

Here it doesn't .

It's battle between two worst bowling units , difference will be which batting unit take advantage of it and win

I been saying it for months, even Shan’s Poultry Farm is in business compared to the Saya Corporation these days :babar

Fastest Test tons by Pakistan batters since 2015

102 balls - Shan Masood vs England in Multan, 2024

118 balls - Babar Azam vs Sri Lanka in Rawalpindi, 2019

123 balls - Agha Salman vs Sri Lanka in Colombo, 2023

123 balls -Mohammad Hafeez vs Bangladesh in Khulna, 2015

Horrible horrible test game

Bob Woomer’s Pakistan was the last great / entertaining period for Pakistan’s home matches, Asif, Akhtar and even Kaneria mah gawd, Akhtar taking out three of Giles stumps; from that to waiting to watch Shaheen’s aggression towards Babar Azam on the field because you wont find any in his bowling.

This English team prides itself in always playing for a result. Pakistan should put a score on the board where the only positive outcome for the English can be a draw, and then see if they are mentally equipped to handle that.

Need either extreme pace (Wood) or high skill (Anderson) on these pitches, and England have neither this time around.

Can't expect much from the spinners on Day 1 apart from keeping things tight. Surprised Leach has been underbowled.

It doesn't help England that they have a pop gun attack for Asian conditions

Having no Anderson and Wood is a massive loss if you compare it to last series

shan and abudllah are amongst the worst runners between the wickts

Pitch well set up for a 600+ declaration. England will likely respond with the same at about a run an over higher

Horrible horrible test game
I'm enjoying it as Pakistan normally bat poorly on dead pitches too, although I am not a fan of Abduallha's batting . And we end up seeing opposition bat like this against Pakistan on flat pitches

Abdullag is such a timid player, my God.. after playing 4-5 dot balls, he takes a single or 2, even on this flat deck.. another overhyped version of Imam

You are just jealous of Skipper Shan's butchering the opposition bowlers
You seriously enjoy such test games? The purpose of watching test is to enjoy the most spicy contest between bat and ball.

Not this

Honestly we should always think twice before labelling a pitch a Phatta.

Look at what happened against Bangladesh. They skittled us out on allegedly flat pitches.

It's a long game. Be patient. There will be plenty of twists and turns.

You seriously enjoy such test games? The purpose of watching test is to enjoy the most spicy contest between bat and ball.

Not this
It normally does not get spicy in the first inning, beauty of test it's a slow burner, things heat up on day 3 onward., unless it's a very lively wicket.

Just tuned in...Gr8 start by pak...
Shan m is so elegant to watch, Shafiq doing his role to perfection...
Eng cooked in 30+ deg heat and unless they find reverse, will be steam rolled as well
- Pak should look to bat once and big -score 600 and bury Eng under scoreboard pressure bowling them off twice....

It normally does not get spicy in the first inning, beauty of test it's a slow burner, things heat up on day 3 onward., unless it's a very lively wicket.
Oh bhai, This pitch is terrible, no 2 ways about it

shan and abudllah are amongst the worst runners between the wickts
No, they're both very fit, simply conserving energy because they want to go big and long. Bat for two days and butcher the english bowlers in the very first test itself, then the series is there for the taking. They need to ensure they do not tire themselves and stay not out till end of day.

Bob Woomer’s Pakistan was the last great / entertaining period for Pakistan’s home matches, Asif, Akhtar and even Kaneria mah gawd, Akhtar taking out three of Giles stumps; from that to waiting to watch Shaheen’s aggression towards Babar Azam on the field because you wont find any in his bowling.
That 2005 Mutan test is one of my favorite matches from that era.

You know what would be beautiful?

If both Shan and Abdullah bat 2 days and score 300* each and then declare....

Bobsy and Rizwan dont get to bat on this flat pancake until 3rd innings maybe,

Hhahahahahahhahahahahhhahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaha

CDCjAmT.png

RIP Shaheen

Honestly Shan should go for Brian Lara's 400* record here

Honestly Shan should go for Brian Lara's 400* record here

Teams generally don't allow players to go for 400 as it would likely cause a draw.

I remember Azhar Ali once crossed 300 and Pakistan declared.

Teams generally don't allow players to go for 400 as it would likely cause a draw.

I remember Azhar Ali once crossed 300 and Pakistan declared.
Pakistan could do with a draw instead of a 6th loss in a row tbf

Carse was down to 132 kph. One thing bowling quick in shorter spells in cooler English conditions

Quite another to maintain pace in hot/humid conditions over a full day.

None of these English pacers can bowl above 135kph, Horrible, Horrible bowling.

Carse was down to 132 kph. One thing bowling quick in shorter spells in cooler English conditions

Quite another to maintain pace in hot/humid conditions over a full day.
Indian bowlers quite lucky to not be traveling to Pakistan. They would still win Tests, but the bowlers' fitness would take a massive beating.

Abdullah has shown solid temperament after calls by ignorant fans and media to drop him

The decision to drop Imam has proven to be correct. Lets say Saim wasnt playing and Imam did bat on this deck with Abdullah, there is no way Pakistan would have scored 250ish around 50 overs with both Abdullah and Imam batting even on this deck against this kind of attack.

This pitch is so flat that David Gower is struggling to take this Test match seriously at all.

The decision to drop Imam has proven to be correct. Lets say Saim wasnt playing and Imam did bat on this deck with Abdullah, there is no way Pakistan would have scored 250ish around 50 overs with both Abdullah and Imam batting even on this deck against this kind of attack.

You can't have Abudllah and Imam. That would be like BazBall vs SnailBall

Imam's 25 of 100's on said pitch would be hilarious

Atherton: The only way England can find success is if Abdullah Shafique or Shan Masood retire hurt due to cramp

Sad to see. PCB had already nailed the test coffin shut. Now the coffin is just being buried six feet under.

I just do not understand such pitches. This will turn off the few remaining Pak. test fans.

We are just so lucky we didn't lose the toss, AH

Back