Pakistan South Africa | 2nd Test | Cape Town | 17/2/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabri420

Senior T20I Player
Runs
An intriguing day 4 lies ahead of us. Pakistan are 100/3, with a lead of 112. Can they play off the 1st session without too much damage?

How much will be enough?

We'll find out...

its not a new ball so i think it will be bit easier to settle and play their shots.

Yeah need to score at the rate of 3 at least.... its not that tough to score with the old ball

I m happy that Haffeez has been exposed against quality bowling he is just not good enough to play at test level :sachin

Need to play positively. Even 3.5 an over (unlikely with Azhar+Misbah around but who knows) for 36 more overs could give us around 125 runs, so we'll be at around a 250-run lead before the new ball comes and inevitably takes a few more wickets and we get bowled out. Say an extra 50-100 with the new ball, and we're all out/declare with a lead of around 350 giving South Africa a hefty chase with a day and a bit more left.

sa are short of one bowler ( morkel ).atleast send bad deliveries to rope aand put peterson under pressure.

I m happy that Haffeez has been exposed against quality bowling he is just not good enough to play at test level :sachin
it makes me sad to see our future caption fail like this.he is mediocre anyway just like:gul at test level and both are in playing 11

Need to play positively. Even 3.5 an over (unlikely with Azhar+Misbah around but who knows) for 36 more overs could give us around 125 runs, so we'll be at around a 250-run lead before the new ball comes and inevitably takes a few more wickets and we get bowled out. Say an extra 50-100 with the new ball, and we're all out/declare with a lead of around 350 giving South Africa a hefty chase with a day and a bit more left.

THANKS.... reading that makes me feel better somewhat

in test an one dayers he should demote himself to number 4 for his own benefit...he will score on consistent basis.......his technique is not suited for open thats why he fail against quality swing bowling

philander hitting the seam and at the right spot....so there is something of the wicket

For some reasons my usual link isn't working. Anybody has a working link?

Amazing is this guy Philander...with his pace the first impression comes that he will be clobbered but when you watch him bowl its all different story.......

azhar much more comfy with the pace

Azhar comfortable against everything! Just because he is defending, does not mean he is in trouble! Not like Peterson was beating his bat all the time or anything....

He is just playing according to the captain's plan. :misbah

Azhars struggle started when he was pushed to odi cricket when will they learn that he is most needed at test level infact he is a born test bat :azhar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back