Pakistan U19 v Bangladesh U19| 7th Place Play-off U19 WC| Townsville| 24/08/12

Genghis

Test Debutant
Runs
It's only a lower placing match, but still dissapointed to see our top order failed once again.

Fortunately the lower order has bailed us out today to a big total. Nawaz, Faraz Ali and Shahid Ilyas have pushed us after we were 6/118 after 36 overs.

Looked like we were not going to get near 180, but the boys have pushed the total past 200.

Some sixes in the last few overs from Ehsan Adil and Mohammad Nawaz.

220/7 in 49.2

Followed the last few overs on cricinfo.. brilliant batting by Muhammad Nawaz.. seems like he can change gears quite effectively.. half his innings he played at a SR of below 50 but in the final overs he teed off like crazy..

our boys seem to perform against the minnows and struggle against the rest

our boys seem to perform against the minnows and struggle against the rest

just before the world cup, they beat south Africa in south Africa, Asia cup, and beat Australia in Australia. Some batsmen just went out of form at the wrong time.

Wow our top order has been very poor in this world cup (except Babar). Really had high expectation from Imam and Aslam but it was not to be.

Thankfully this time around Nawaz's blitz saved us otherwise we would lose to Bangladesh as well.

Nawaz seems to be in the mold of Abdul Razzaq, tuk tuk and in the last few overs boom boom.

Last edited:
The only players who look like they could make it to the senior team are Babar Azam and Zia-ul Haq.. Mohammad Nawaz could also be in the mix..

The only players who look like they could make it to the senior team are Babar Azam and Zia-ul Haq.. Mohammad Nawaz could also be in the mix..

i think Ehsan Adil should also get a chance. Can be moulded into exciting bowling all-rounder.

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 195 runs with 9 wickets and 41.0 overs remaining

Both Bangladesh and Pakistan had a good team. I expected both to at least reach the SFs but now they are fighting for 7th place :facepalm:

But to be fair these are subc. teams. They dnt have the habit of playing overseas :)

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 182 runs with 9 wickets and 38.0 overs remaining

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 151 runs with 9 wickets and 33.5 overs remaining

Oh dear.. Talunted Pakistan team getting a scare from Bangladesh for the 7th place play-off !! :facepalm:
Now seriously guys, it can't be this bad. What's gone wrong ?? :(

Last edited:
Bangladesh Under-19s require another 85 runs with 9 wickets and 20.5 overs remaining

Pathetic performance from our u-19 team in this years WC . future doesnt look too bright :(

B'desh - 173/1

Seems like after the loss against IND, PAK lost motivation/ confidence to play in these position play-offs!

I want to ask babar azam why usman qadir and zia-ul-hAQ weren't playing.??????????

and why saad ali who has performed in all matches barring india match hasnt played after that???

Last edited:
Wow the most talented U19 talented Pak team heading to the 8th spot.
Can't believe it.

Got to be the worst finish for since the WC U19 started.

Anamul Haque is one special talent. Highest run scorer so far in this WC

Last edited:
Even as an Indian fan, it's really hard for me to take this.. So much talunt, and yet such dismal performance. :(
Well done Bangladesh though. What a phainty, very unexpected.

Even as an Indian fan, it's really hard for me to take this.. So much talunt, and yet such dismal performance. :(

No this u19 team is not very talented apart from few names like babar azam,usman qadir and zia-ul-haq...

Pathetic performance i dont see anyone from this team becoming a national player maybe apart from zia-ul-haq

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 38 runs with 9 wickets and 14.1 overs remaining

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 35 runs with 8 wickets and 12.4 overs remaining

Bangladesh Under-19s require another 30 runs with 8 wickets and 12.0 overs remaining

The opponent also works hard, here in this case i am quite thrilled to see Bangla boys giving it to Team Pakistan. Terrific. Overall it's disappointing that Pak would finish 8th but they have themselves to blame, didn't show the talent when it was needed the most. Sami Aslam's done nothing throughout tourney and here we have Anamul absolutely destroying their attack.

We have only 2-3 good players in this team. Anamul is the only star player and he performed well to lead us to 7th place. Few more more good players and we could have reach the semifinal.

Back