Pakistan v Australia | 1st ODI | Dubai | 22/4/09 [Aus Inngs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amjid Javed said:
This must be Afridis best bowling figures v a non-minnow?

honestly, give it a rest amjid.

like seriously. if theres one time u should just sit back and watch as opposed to talk. its now. afridi has always been a good spinner, against minnows or non - minnows. if it took you this long to figure it out, then you should seriously find another hobby.

Pakistan might as well drop all the pacers and pack the side with spinners. They can fancy themselves to bowl this pathetic Australian side out for 60 odd runs.

Sohail Tanveer can be recalled in replace of Rao. It's Saeed Ajmal and Shahid Afridi Day!

Last edited:
Afridi is all about how u handle him. In Shoaib Malik's time he was ordinary because they didn't handle him properly. Now that Younis Khan is posing confidence in him, he has responded

Thats what I have been saying for a month or so...

Give Afridi the responsibility and give him aggressive fielding, he would respond ...

I hope he is also promoted to No. 4 for the whole series with same responsibility that he is a batsman.. I am sure he would try to respond...

Australia should try to score 200 runs in the first 10 overs and defend the spinners and score the remaining in the last 5 overs. If this is the trend it will be 5-0 pakistan.

Forgive my paranoia, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if we actually got the final wicket.

What is Gul doing on? It can't be any more obvious that the wicket is taking a lot of SPIN! Bring on Malik for the love of God..

Tail enders are playing Gul like he is bowling blindfolded - its too easy

IM NOT YOU said:
honestly, give it a rest amjid.

like seriously. if theres one time u should just sit back and watch as opposed to talk. its now. afridi has always been a good spinner, against minnows or non - minnows. if it took you this long to figure it out, then you should seriously find another hobby.

Why dont i slap the stats of his performances against non-minnows before this game in your face!

Hes had one good game which am applauding facts are otherwise hes been dire! So i suggest you get your facts right before mouthing off at me!

:)

MalikMohsin said:
Sohail Tanveer can be recalled in replace of Rao. It's Saeed Ajmal and Shahid Afridi Day!

Tanveer would add depth to batting and bowling!

pacers struggling to get the last man out, what a shame, Pak badly need asif, the rest of their pacers are not really that good

Another boundary....not enough pressure being applied here to finish off the innings!

Give it to Shoaib Malik yaar... Akhtar ko patana kiyun shuk horaha hai ball keranaa ka..waisa tu karate nahin hain.

Shoaib Akhtar on. Hmm I wonder whats going on why they are not bringing Shoaib Malik. It doesnot make any sense. Is there any tension b/w new and a former captain

Wo ist Malik?
Where is Malik?
Malik kahan hay?

:20:

VandeMataram said:
pacers struggling to get the last man out, what a shame, Pak badly need asif, the rest of their pacers are not really that good
Give it a rest man gul and a fit akhter would walk into your team.

well, YK wanted the score to be around 250 - 260. Do you guys think he will be happy with this? I cant tell becasue he always smiles whatever the situation.

Spinners are ruling the roost. Australia has no decent spinners. It should be a quick work for Pakistan.

saeed-sohail said:
Give it a rest man gul and a fit akhter would walk into your team.

IF akhtar is fully fit, a BIG IF>

And we have ZK and Ishant, we don't really need gul, as there is no room for 3 spinner in Indian team as it has two WORLD CLASS spinners in Bhajji and Mishra

MalikMohsin said:
It looks like playing Shoaib Akhtar was very bad decision after all
not really,
playing matches will get him back to full fitness

you can expect him to be back to his best sitting down now can you

Ive just seen MIG in the crowd.

Put your shirt back on!!!

150-9 off 36 overs

VandeMataram said:

And we have ZK and Ishant, we don't really need gul, as there is no room for 3 spinner in Indian team as it has two WORLD CLASS spinners in Bhajji and Mishra

lol Mishra world class. The guy has bowled one decent spell against the English of all peolpe to b econsidered world class lol.

I cant stop lol'ing because of your post and I am sitting on a a trading floor right now.

Shoaib giving free runs. What are they thinking? Bring in Shoaib Malik please

VandeMataram said:

hahahaha
man thats so funny
reminds me about that time ishant kept falling over after bowling only 2 overs in aus.

The Aussies should definitely look for a total of somewhere around 180. It will atleast be a defendable total.

3rd best partnership of the innings this one. Easy runs being given away here.

Yay we cracked 150! Need another 25 for the next milestone. Keep Akhtar on!!

Pulled for 4

Gul & Akhtar just being wasted here.

Its YK's 1st mistake of the day persisting with them

155-9

VandeMataram said:

You mean 4 spinners right? Zak would be disappointed to miss out!

VandeMataram said:
IF akhtar is fully fit, a BIG IF>And we have ZK and Ishant, we don't really need gul, as there is no room for 3 spinner in Indian team as it has two WORLD CLASS spinners in Bhajji and Mishra
Gul a spinner now thats funny coming from an indian.did you see afridi bowling 130k with a spinners run up think you should hire him as your bowling coach as he is quicker then parsad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back