Pakistan v Australia | First Test | Day 4: Session 1 | Lords | 16/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP

T20I Debutant
Runs
Big day for both teams. Match outcome will be decided today. Hopefully it will be in Pakistan's favour. We have to bat out of our skins to clinch it.

Weather seems that it will be cloudy until 3-4 PM. But to be the best you have to beat the best!

Pakistan need 326 more runs to win.

Go Pakistan! :younis

Last edited:
I think we'll do it, lol
Wait let me say that again.. I HOPE we'll do it

You have no idea how badly I want pakistan to win this. Its been so long, TOO TOO long Since Pakistan has beaten Australia in a test match. I want Ricky Ponting to be in the team when we beat them :( Hopefully this match
:afridi Will save us :)
I cant believe I used to support Australia during the Ashes. Tut

Salman Butt.. here's a chance to clinch a place in every doubter's heart... DO IT!

pinger said:
Either way, it is going to be an awesome 2 hours of cricket.

Fixed. :batman:

Enough playing boys, let's finish this lot off before lunch!

Give the single to Butt and attack the other 9 who can't bat for long....

No chance of victory for Pakistan ....Our batsman are not good enough ....

And the way we gave runs to hilfenhaus shows the team didnt look to have any intent of winning the game

Salaam valaikum to everyone. Here's hoping for a good jumay ka din from Pakistan. Good Luck!
They have started well, I knew it that they would bat MUCH better in the 2nd innings. Hopefully they can get the job done.

Random Aussie said:
Fixed. :batman:

Enough playing boys, let's finish this lot off before lunch!

Give the single to Butt and attack the other 9 who can't bat for long....

Given the Past Record of Pakistani team , its very much Possible Match would be over before Lunch ........

But with Big B..................

You never Know............they may hang till tea...........................

and 1out 10 chances Clinch the victory provided ...(we get Johnson, Hilfi and Johnson injured..and unable to bowl ) lol

Even with Watson there is every possibility he would take 10 wickets in this match.....

Weather predicted is good bowling ..windy+ shower....................

if Pakistan has to win this ....they wil have to think

Its 1 for none and need to chase 328 tomorrow with nine wickets....without thinking it was 440

but again Track record suggest it be over before lunch..............

Aussies would win at least by 200 on this

Last edited:
Pakistan hopes will rise with the SUN.
First things first and that is not to lose a wkt in the first session.

Why is cricinfo's headline 'Pakistan fight hard in huge chase'?

It's just 114/1.

For all we know about Pak, we could be 134/10. Yes we do batting collapses like no other when Aus is involved.

first session is very important because in Melbourne test , where we needed 252 runs on the last day with 7 wickets in the hand , but it was all over in the morning session !

I am sure match will be over in morning session .....

We dont have any test class batsman .....

hur rizvi said:
I am sure match will be over in morning session .....

We dont have any test class batsman .....

Rizvi saab enough of the wrist slitting. Leave some for the next test match.

Khabri420 said:
Rizvi saab enough of the wrist slitting. Leave some for the next test match.

It is not wrist slitting we all know it is the True picture of our batting...

hur rizvi said:
It is not wrist slitting we all know it is the True picture of our batting...

...it is when you mention it on every single thread... :inzi

lol, oh well. Let's hope for rain.

Anyway - the conditions etc. aren't ideal for batting, but atleast today when we go out there the ball will be old, and won't do much at all (it barely did anything when our seamers were bowling with the old ball).

Its sun shining in London ,chance of rain in the afternoon . At the moment its looking nice and clear sky

Last edited:
Its a clear morning and weather seems set fair today in London, trying to get some time off to pop down - was there yesterday and emotions swung from exasperation ( at our forlorn attempts to dislodge the tail) to trepidation (as our innings commenced) to admiration for the way Butt and Azhar handled the Aussies , especially some schoolboy sledging by Bollinger to Butt - good to see Salman ( who was looking up about two feet) giving as good as he got!!

First hour crucial as 10.30 start , once we get through that , well who knows...............

2.5 hours left till the day's play starts, weather permitting

I missed all of yesterday's play so I was a bit disappointed how we couldn't dislodge the Australian tail - it could've made our chase a lot more possible on this flat wicket at Lords. Was happy to see Butt continuing his form - his performance is going to be the decisive factor in this entire England tour, one feels. I'm hoping Azhar and Salman bat with the same determination they did yesterday and make the Aussies sweat

Rizwan 23 said:
Its a clear morning and weather seems set fair today in London, trying to get some time off to pop down - was there yesterday and emotions swung from exasperation ( at our forlorn attempts to dislodge the tail) to trepidation (as our innings commenced) to admiration for the way Butt and Azhar handled the Aussies , especially some schoolboy sledging by Bollinger to Butt - good to see Salman ( who was looking up about two feet) giving as good as he got!!

First hour crucial as 10.30 start , once we get through that , well who knows...............

Great to see you here Rizwan! Any idea what Bollinger was saying to Butt?

I just woke up.

SO SUNNY. NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY!!!!!

Very Sunny, but the wind is strong. But honestly, no clouds anywhere. We need to start batting now!!

Paradox said:
Great to see you here Rizwan! Any idea what Bollinger was saying to Butt?

not sure how it started but as it warmed up Butt seemed to be saying 'go back and bowl' and kept moving forward to say it ...and Bollinger did not want to turn around so kept flapping his gums whilst walking backwards and looked like he was saying are you going to make me ....then Shane Watson the brave warrior that he is...mmm.... piped in from slip so Butt made Bollinger abort his run up.....good to see the boys standing up for themselves because one thing that did strike me yesterday as compared to other Pakistan teams of the past is how small they are!!!

Edgbaston T20 last week Bollinger whilst walking around the boundary as the 'water boy' also traded insults and expletives with the crowd which as you might remember was a slightly different demographic to Day 3 at Lords - lol

very sunny right now in london , but you never know with england's weather .

The players should remember this is still a 4th day pitch and is playing true if we bat all day we should inshallah win. Unfortunately the dreaded collapse is always around the corner but if Butt can stay there and get a big hundred anything is possible.

A 200 hundred runs partnership and a 100 from Umar Akmal will make the day for 17 crore pplz

The target is not 440 runs anymore. It´s a new day and the target is 326 runs. 326 runs is not any world record total to beat.

We only have lost one wicket. The target is very much chasable...

if the match is over today pakistan would have lost. Unless boom boom plays a blinder.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
The target is not 440 runs anymore. It´s a new day and the target is 326 runs. 326 runs is not any world record total to beat.

We only have lost one wicket. The target is very much chasable...

but there is a problem! batsman to come amin, umar, akmal, afridi

if the wicket plays flat as it can do, re australia last year and south africa the previous, it could get interesting.

I wish tht Imran farhat would not be OUT yesterday. then it will br complete different scenrio. What i notice yesterday is if a batsmen doesnt do a foolish think till then he will not be out. We wont see any Magic By ball. Farhat was also out by playing a false shot..

Still an absolute mountain to climb. Need Azhar (debutant) and Butt to hit hundreds, followed by the next two batsmen also posting at least 50s.

Inshallah we'll chase it, do dua, we will win inshallah, the ball isn't new, hardly any clouds around, though there are a few but not troubling, very small with the sun still coming through. Also remember this, the ball was swinging a mile before, now its hardly going to move, just watch and play and butt is looking good so is Azhar Ali except for the last ball but im sure he must have thought about his mistakes, he seems very clever and intelligent.

Last edited:
Shezada said:
man who cares, we're gonna lose anyway.
If u dont care honestly why are on this website and on commenting on the thread??? Please dont spread your negativity around others. :)

The way butt n azhar batted yesterday i dont see them getting out inside first hour today. conditions will b batting friendly.bollinger isnt looking confidence at all and hilfy cant bowl with the older ball, smith is just an average spinner,watson already had 5 wkts in 1st inns so i dont think he'll get any in this inns,johnson struggling to find gud line n length. This could be the biggest day in Pakistan's test cricket history. Cmon Pakistan, nation is praying for you.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
Will we win today or do we have to wait till tomorrow? :D

Are you australian?, din "svenske" tulling :D

Guys.....stop dreaming. A minimum of 4-5 wickets will fall this morning. Game will be over an hour after lunch. Pak all out between 170-230.

About 30 minutes to start now, how is the weather, have the uncovered the pitch now?

Azhar Ali and Salman Butt should try to bat out each session today. If we have any chance of winning they both have to make big tons.

Salaam guys ..well the weather in London is now looking slightly overcast however it looks like we will get some sunshine on and off so Pakistan have to use their brains today.

There are two days to go with Saturday being a wet one forecast by BBC.

We should Bat by sessions VERY IMPORTANT pick up singles and 2's I can not stress this more KEEP ROTATING THE STRIKE.

I am looking Salmaan and the new débutante to shine today . Azhar is looking good and batting with Salmaan I am sure is gaining confidence in the middle . He also seemed keen to rotate the strike yesterday so let it continue today . We need to frustrate the Ozzys by rotating the strike often . Wickets will fall that's inevitable but if we are calculative in our shots and play as a Team InshaAllah we will at the very least draw if not Win this match.

I just hope we dont fold like a pack of cards today.

Hopefully we will make Aussies work to get these last 9 wickets in game!

Zedman said:
Guys.....stop dreaming. A minimum of 4-5 wickets will fall this morning. Game will be over an hour after lunch. Pak all out between 170-230.

Zedman reverse psychology can also work ...lol

Please Butt bhai, do not lose your head in the first hour. Show the same concentration as you have throughout the match and I will be your fan for life.

Azhar you are doing good lad, just stay there, who cares if you can't hit a four at least you are finding the gaps and rotating strike. welldone!

Both stay on the crease and do your best, I'll be touching wood throughout the day to prevent bad luck.

aqeelPK said:
The way butt n azhar batted yesterday i dont see them getting out inside first hour today. conditions will b batting friendly.bollinger isnt looking confidence at all and hilfy cant bowl with the older ball, smith is just an average spinner,watson already had 5 wkts in 1st inns so i dont think he'll get any in this inns,johnson struggling to find gud line n length. This could be the biggest day in Pakistan's test cricket history. Cmon Pakistan, nation is praying for you.

More chance of either of them getting out early, before they have settled down, as they will need to restart their innings. What they did yesteday is of little consequence.

Aussies also have North, Katich and Clarke...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back