Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 43, World Cup | 5th July, 2019 | Lords's | Pakistan innings

So you are saying if teams needed to achieve these two milestones in one game we would have seen more such matches of teams scoring 400+ and bowling out opposition under 100?

Thats one odd theory mate.

No, you would see teams trying to. It's the intent being questioned here, not results

BD’s target should be to target the top rankings across the formats. Trying to be better than just one team shouldnt be the aim when there are other teams as well.

BD doesnt have to surpass Pak to prove anything.

You misunderstood my post.

Last edited:
Pakistan is miles behind other teams. Our opener can’t even hit a four even after playing 40 overs.

These are worthless innings for two reasons. One, Pakistan have shown no intent of trying 400 plus. Trying and failing are two different things. Second , Bangladesh fielding and field placings have been not up to the mark. Anyone could have scored at this rate, even Shoab Malik in his poor run of form. No risks to neutralize the spinners. Like the batting has bowed down to spinners, and some wouldnt even rate these bowlers as regular spinners.

Imam is ready to take charge at 88 while Hafeezz scared at the beginning of his innings.

Look for the synonym of selfish on google and you will find Hafeez written there.

So you are saying if there is no cure of cancer ,the impossible illness...

We shouldnt try to find it? Man only if pharma companies thought like you..

Pharma Company have a long time on their hands to find difficult cures as nobody is expecting them to start with, they just need to show a bit of progress maybe every few years or so to keep getting funded.

Its in no way comparable to a cricket match where you just have one day to perform and decide whether you want to take that less than 1% chance or not with cost of trying to do it and completely loosing the plot. They dont have years to try and achieve a particular milestone with a minute possibility.

Yeah, deffo thought the same.

and the third umpire went bang bang bang bang... like he was in a hurry a hurry to catch a bus..... i think if it was an englisman or an aussies or an indian, they would have taken much longer to come to the decision..

Disgusting from pakistan players.

when playing Dead rubber, atleast there should have been some try to go for 400-450 odd.

there has been zero intent...playing purely just for same of personal milestones

Go and score 400+ then, I'm sure you could do a better job than the Pakistani team. Really feel bad for PCT to have such fans.

These are worthless innings for two reasons. One, Pakistan have shown no intent of trying 400 plus. Trying and failing are two different things. Second , Bangladesh fielding and field placings have been not up to the mark. Anyone could have scored at this rate, even Shoab Malik in his poor run of form. No risks to neutralize the spinners. Like the batting has bowed down to spinners, and some wouldnt even rate these bowlers as regular spinners.

Bangladesh is hurting Pakistan in the long term. Instead of winning they are taking revenge by helping cement players like Hafeez in our team.

Pakistan need a six hitter in that Top 5.

Imam
Babar
Haris
Rizwan+

That fifth player has to have power without being a hack.

Pakistan need a six hitter in that Top 5.

Imam
Babar
Haris
Rizwan+

That fifth player has to have power without being a hack.

Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah and Umar Akmal again can be tried for that role.

I dont know many else maybe add Hamad Azam to the list.

BD’s target should be to target the top rankings across the formats. Trying to be better than just one team shouldnt be the aim when there are other teams as well.

BD doesnt have to surpass Pak to prove anything.

Awesome take bro...so fed up of the one-upmanship...
Tbh bangla are improving, and in other sports other than cric as well, coming back to cricket -bangla college system is proving to be a good feeder system to their senior leagues....I have a fellow indian friend who coaches in BD domestics and he says he sees amazing talent coming thru...especially pacemen, there is a real emphasis on fitness and pace bowling that was'nt there say 10 years back...i feel BD are on the way up and going to challenge a lot of teams harder very soon....

Lol people still hoping we achieve it . :)))

Bangladesh wont get all out for 90 even if we get 400.

i abs hate this bangladeshi commentator ... Athar... Where the other guy was talking about Imam having an oppertunity to get onto the honors board at Lords, without waiting for the guy to even let finish his sentence, he strted talking about how Tamim is on the honors borad bcz of a test hundred some million years ago... talk abt being pathatic and biased and idiot

Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah and Umar Akmal again can be tried for that role.

I dont know many else maybe add Hamad Azam to the list.

Preferably an opener because I don't think any of Babar, Haris or Rizwan will be pushed to open.

Need someone like Finch, Bairstow, Sharma or Gayle at the top of the order.

Awesome take bro...so fed up of the one-upmanship...
Tbh bangla are improving, and in other sports other than cric, coming back to cricket -bangla college system is proving to be a good feeder system to their senior leagues....I have a fellow indian friend who coaches in BD domestics and he says he sees amazing talent coming thru...especially pacemen, there is a real emphasis on fitness and pace bowling that was'nt there say 10 years back...i feel BD are on the way up and going to challenge a lot of teams harder very soon....

Thanks bro. :)

Yes BD has some pretty decent upcoming cricketers, not sure about too many pacers at the moment other than maybe Qazi Onkik but surely they have some pretty good young batsmen on the way.

Lol people still hoping we achieve it . :)))

Bangladesh wont get all out for 90 even if we get 400.

What Bangladesh scores is not material at this point. Even in a regular game, attack should have started 5 overs earlier

Mark Nicholas is an epic commentator. Cricket nerds dislike him, but he really knows the art of making moments memorable.

So Imam would have took 150 balls to make century against a better bowling attack?

Preferably an opener because I don't think any of Babar, Haris or Rizwan will be pushed to open.

Need someone like Finch, Bairstow, Sharma or Gayle at the top of the order.

Sharjeel can comeback maybe. Sharna’s career changed when he was given opening slot so matbe we can experiment with some of the middle order aggressive batsmen along with the hope that someone like Zeeshan Malik or Haider Ali come thru.

We are half way stage - another 250 to go. Sarfi still targeting 500 with only 2 wickets down.

Back