Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 43, World Cup | 5th July, 2019 | Lords's | Pakistan innings

The bat had hit the ball why there was no ultra edge?

Very unlucky for Babar only 4 runs short :(.

But a fine innings nevertheless. Was looking to dominate. Probably should look to shuffle a little less in future.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Let us see what happens. But right now SA and NZ are better teams than PAK.

South Africa will be fine. They have a strong domestic system. PP should stop predicting their demise.

I wish he had scored a hundred for once he was not batting for his hundred now he will continue to slow down nearing a 100

Unlucky could have hit it straight over the bowlers head. To be honest, he was the biggest positive in WC for Pakistan.

Pk going well. It is clear that the Big 3 are in one league and the others in another.

I will take this 96 over his selfish 100 but this will not help to change him as he will be back to tuk tik nearing a hundred.

Have you seen how SA and NZ played in this WC?

Yeah. I also saw how PAK played in this WC. And I also saw how all 3 teams have been playing for the last 18-24 months.

There is no doubt in my mind that currently both SA and NZ are better teams than PAK.

Without Steyn and ABD, SA and PAK are neck and neck. But there is a marked difference in quality between PAK and NZ.

lool boring

who cares

not even showing any intent

feel sorry for the fans attending

So Babar at the age of 24 ends his first World Cup in England with 474 runs in 8 matches. Quite an impressive world cup from Babar if you ask me.

This could be Hafeez's last innings for Pakistan. Hope he does well today.

I reckon that's skimmed the bat...was a very, very small spike on Ultra-Edge

Will Hafeez get out to Mossadak or Mahmudullah? :smith

They only briefly showed snicko and I honestly thought there was a slight deviation on the graph.

I dont think tuk tukking is the solution to spinners. Need to keep hitting them

Pk going well. It is clear that the Big 3 are in one league and the others in another.

The top 3 are in tier 1 .
Pakistan and NZ are tier 2 .
The rest are tier 3 .

Pakistani has good fast bowling talent coming through , will threaten tier 1 hopefully.

Yeah. I also saw how PAK played in this WC. And I also saw how all 3 teams have been playing for the last 18-24 months.

There is no doubt in my mind that currently both SA and NZ are better teams than PAK.

Without Steyn and ABD, SA and PAK are neck and neck. But there is a marked difference in quality between PAK and NZ.

SA won ODI series 3-2 at home vs Pak while Pak drawn home series agianst NZ 1-1 (Last match was drawn and Pak was in strong position). I was always of the belief Pak had more chance against SA and NZ then Eng.

Obviously SA and NZ have been much more consistent teams as the rankings show but the gulf you are trying to portray especially on neutral venue or Pak home, I dont agree with that.

Pak were just about peaking now shame theyr going home.. one of eng aus were going to get a spanking frm pak in the semis.

I dont know why people criticise him, but he is tenchnically very sound batsman.

Grandpa Mashrafe lost it completely. Poor captaincy. Should've bowled Sarkar a bit.

The top 3 are in tier 1 .
Pakistan and NZ are tier 2 .
The rest are tier 3 .

Pakistani has good fast bowling talent coming through , will threaten tier 1 hopefully.

Pk has done ok relative to their form and own fans' expectations. Big 3 are clearly ahead, NZ, Pk, SA and BD are 2nd tier.
WI, SL 3rd.

T2 can bt a T1 side on a good day.

Pak deserved to qualify for semis more than NZ
NZ lost to Aus Eng and Pak and got a free point for Ind no result match and played close matches against WI BD and SA each of which could have gone either way

On a pitch like this and bowling like Bangladesh's, 400 is probably an achievable score.
Get the impression England or India would have aimed for 400+ on this.
This is Bangladesh's first match I have seen in this WC and I don't understand the fuss about their bowling because they seem mediocre so far.

Respect for Imam who isnt even celebrating his 50 as he knows he hasnt done well in this WC. His attitude is impressive

as an indian observer, leave the chacha-bhatija bit...he gets a raw deal because of that....he's not a bad batsman, he'd done well in some pressure situations-eg that test in ireland...still young and he can improve....fans should show some slack and respect to him....imho...

Pakistan should just win the match and finish respectable 5th with joiint 4th on points.

Back