Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 43, World Cup | 5th July, 2019 | Lords's | Pakistan innings

They only briefly showed snicko and I honestly thought there was a slight deviation on the graph.

9nwFTIW.png

Gap between bat and ball as it passes the bat.

On a pitch like this and bowling like Bangladesh's, 400 is probably an achievable score.
Get the impression England or India would have aimed for 400+ on this.
This is Bangladesh's first match I have seen in this WC and I don't understand the fuss about their bowling because they seem mediocre so far.

There was never any fuss. They have one guy who blows hot and cold. Fiz. That's about it. Shakib is a restrictive bowler Not unplayable. Others can be targeted.

as an indian observer, leave the chacha-bhatija bit...he gets a raw deal because of that....he's not a bad batsman, he'd done well in some pressure situations-eg that test in ireland...still young and he can improve....fans should show some slack and respect to him....imho...

Exactly and you seem to follow cricket pretty well if you know about the innings he played in Ireland under difficult conditions. I started rating his temperament after that innings.

Disgusting from pakistan players.

when playing Dead rubber, atleast there should have been some try to go for 400-450 odd.

there has been zero intent...playing purely just for same of personal milestones

Last edited:
yes but then you can't have a hack like fakhar up the order. Thats not cricket.

Agreed but you can't make Imam acceptable just because Fakhar has issues.
Fakhar's problems are different. He needs to play his natural game more. He can't be conditioned.

Disgusting from pakistan playerd, when playing Dead rubber, atleast there should have been some try to go for 400-450 odd ,there has been 0 intent...playing purely just for same of personal milestones

Even you know pak had no chance to make to it to the semis so what's the point of hitting out and being 100 all out?
They're treating this a normal match and rightfully so.

Pk has done ok relative to their form and own fans' expectations. Big 3 are clearly ahead, NZ, Pk, SA and BD are 2nd tier.
WI, SL 3rd.

T2 can bt a T1 side on a good day.

Bangladesh need atleast 2 better pacers to win outside asian conditions consistently.
Definitely not tier 2 outside Asia.

Should get 340+

Bangladesh is a good chasing team.

Even though the pitch might turn, Pakistan don't have spinners.

Supposed to be an entertaining game, but here we are watching selfish players looking to secure their position in team. Imam's focus is on his 100. What a shame!

Its not a T20 game, they have to keep wickets in hand. Fantastic innings by Babar so consistent

when playing Dead rubber, atleast there should have been some try to go for 400-450 odd.

there has been zero intent...playing purely just for same of personal milestones

They are not good against spin, they can't even score 6 singles to spinners. So why not just enjoy "useless" imam century.

How many time teams have scored 400 plus and how many times team has been bowled out below 100? Now calculate the odds of both of these things happening in one match.

Even you know pak had no chance to make to it to the semis so what's the point of hitting out and being 100 all out?
They're treating this a normal match and rightfully so.

How do you know you are going 100 allout? Not asking for 600 just try 400 atleast.
its better to chase the impossible when its the only thing you must do.

they anyways could have played normal if 1-2 wickets fell down early..but instead opener fakhar who otherwise plays slog shots played with under 50 SR and no reason to believe they couldnt have played with SR of 150 when they are completly comfertable with 100

How many time teams have scored 400 plus and how many times team has been bowled out below 100? Now calculate the odds of both of these things happening in one match.

How many times team need to score 450-600 to qualify in the WC semis,then ask yourself if you need the odds

They've never scored 400-450 though.

I love how many people think they could have just turned up today, scored 500 & rolled Bangladesh by 150 for the biggest winning margin in ODI cricket history. Do you really think Sarfaraz was serious that they would try and get 450?

Grandpa Mashrafe wants to give away 50 runs in 2 overs. Old guy is not thinking clearly.

How do you know you are going 100 allout? Not asking for 600 just try 400 atleast.
its better to chase the impossible when its the only thing you must do.

they anyways could have played normal if 1-2 wickets fell down early..but instead opener fakhar who otherwise plays slog shots played with under 50 SR and no reason to believe they couldnt have played with SR of 150 when they are completly comfertable with 100

If we lose this game, people will think bd are better than us which is not true.
So I'd rather win this game than getting all out on 150/200 and lose.

I love how many people think they could have just turned up today, scored 500 & rolled Bangladesh by 150 for the biggest winning margin in ODI cricket history. Do you really think Sarfaraz was serious that they would try and get 450?

Yeh we know they could not do it,but when you are playing with name of your country you gotta try something you have never achieveed just for the sake of it

How many times team need to score 450-600 to qualify in the WC semis,then ask yourself if you need the odds

So you are saying if teams needed to achieve these two milestones in one game we would have seen more such matches of teams scoring 400+ and bowling out opposition under 100?

Thats one odd theory mate.

Just go for broke now

Aim for 20 an over..yes unrealistic but better to do that then play tuk tuk

They had an outside chance to score 400. 200 in the first 30 overs. With 8 or 9 wickets in hand. And had we had Asif Ali next to come in. 200 in the last 20 overs is not impossible then.

When Haris came in to bat against SA score was 143/4 in 30 overs and we ended up getting 308. And yet we have Mr Experience coming ahead of him at this stage

Bangladesh is one of the best fielding sides in world cricket!!

Lolwut.. Wasim Akram, do you even watch cricket?!!!

So you are saying if teams needed to achieve these two milestones in one game we would have seen more such matches of teams scoring 400+ and bowling out opposition under 100?

Thats one odd theory mate.

So you are saying if there is no cure of cancer ,the impossible illness...

We shouldnt try to find it? Man only if pharma companies thought like you..

When Haris came in to bat against SA score was 143/4 in 30 overs and we ended up getting 308. And yet we have Mr Experience coming ahead of him at this stage

Absolutely disgusting how Hafeez has come up the order again.

Should get enough runs to win today. Looking difficult to get the 300 run win needed to get through though.

Why do the commentators think Haris is a big hitter?
:yk2

Because after 2015 WC they have all watched him here and they don't follow PSL and Pakistan Domestic. And the way Haris batted they think he is a no. 5 batsman and hitter rather than no. 3 and 4

I’m sorry it’s the absolute lack of intent that p***es me off... you have a chance to go out on a high and impress your fans - no one will resent you for genuinely trying for 500 and getting all out for 80. These pathetic raillu kattas clearly playing for average and spot in team. What a joke, I hope Bangladesh wipe the floor with us, we don’t deserve fifth.

Senior citizen Mashrafe continues to shamelessly bowl himself. How many runs will he give? 15? 20? 25?

Should get enough runs to win today. Looking difficult to get the 300 run win needed to get through though.

I am just enjoying the game tbh. This is the last Pakistan match for a while.

Hopefully we win.

I would pay to have seen Wahab stroll out at 3 with a cap on, blindly swinging at every ball. At least that would have been entertaining

Tuk tuk has to be the most shameless player. Couldn’t score anything significant when it mattered and now gonna score a 100. Still tu tuking. Hope to never see this guy.

BD can't be better than Pakistan until we get rid of senior citizen Mashrafe.

BD’s target should be to target the top rankings across the formats. Trying to be better than just one team shouldnt be the aim when there are other teams as well.

BD doesnt have to surpass Pak to prove anything.

Funniest thing is people calling players for selfish for not achieving the score. As if scoring 400 runs happens everyday.

In fact Pak have never done it before. Some are even calling for 500. That too with our lack of firepower

We need to get around 350 minimum. Bangladeshi batsmen might chase it down otherwise.

Back