Pakistan v Bangladesh | T20 Warm up | [02/9/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saj said:
Nazimuddin in only his second appearance for BD. The first one was against Kenya

and he got man of the match

nazim seems strong on the backfoot playing to the on side, whereas tamim relies on off side drives

4.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, SIX, strays on the leg side and bang! effortless of the front foot to deep mid wkt

oh my god why did i say that nazimuddin smackes shoaib for his first six

Good start for BD.

Rao on to bowl

Horrible beginning by Shoaib and Asif. We'll end up giving something like 60-70 runs off the first 5 overs against a good team like Australia or South Africa!

Misfield by Shoaib in 2nd slip and 4 runs. All those camps, really paying off

This Nazimuddin guy is special! Yet and nothing special from Shoaib.

Shoaib having a horror day so far

5.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged and Akhtar at second slips misfields that one

5.5 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged but over the keeper
5.4 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, good timing over long on into the car park of a half volley
5.3 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, short ball pulled well over deep square leg into the tennis court
5.2 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, no run
5.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged and Akhtar at second slips misfields that one

:6: :6: :6: :6: :6:

OMG! This Nazimuddin guy is one special player! 56 from 26 balls!

Rao Ifti getting whacked

bangladesh well on course now nazimuddin is giving sum serious stick to the pakistani bowlers

This doesnt look good one bit,I am afraid BD are going too well at the moment

Lawson and Malik were saying that this bowling attack could defend mediocre scores in the WC
LMFAO

This is NOT the Pakistan that we want to see in the Twenty20 WC. India will have a field day with us bowling/batting like this!

5.6 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, 1 leg bye, strays to the leg side and a brush on the pads
5.5 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged but over the keeper
5.4 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, good timing over long on into the car park of a half volley
5.3 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, short ball pulled well over deep square leg into the tennis court
5.2 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, no run

:133:

think nazim is an afridi type slogger?

his FC batting average is higher than everyone on our test team, ashraful and bashar included

of course, thats not saying much...but stilll

Gul isnt playing so I think thats a relief. Atleast there is one bowler whose confidence wouldnt have been destroyed by this relentless assault

Guess this is good wakeup call for Pakistan. My feelings is this is Pakistan first choice playing 11, since I always feared even in 2020 match they will go for Rao batting over Gul bowling. Additionally this should also shows the utility of alrounders like Hafeez and Fawad over the youth of Misbah.

Though Akhtar is expensive but he could produce 1-2 wickets at some tough time. Hope Pakistan will rethink their strategy for real 2020 matches to come.

Though it may sound not very much Pakistani strategy but I will toss up bbetween Akhtar and Asif and will consider Gul and Rao confirmed inclusion when it come to 2020 match.

Last edited:
6.2 Shahid Afridi to Aftab Ahmed, OUT, that hit him low and straight and out,the quicker delivery
Aftab Ahmed lbw b Shahid Afridi 5 (6b 1x4 0x6) SR: 83.33

Lala does the trick

Afridi gets Aftab Ahmed. Hit Aftab low on the pads according to Cricinfo

Bangladesh 71/2

6.6 Shahid Afridi to Mohammad Ashraful, 1 run, driven to long on
6.5 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, 1 run, driven to mid on
6.4 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, no run
6.3 Shahid Afridi to Mohammad Ashraful, 1 run
6.2 Shahid Afridi to Aftab Ahmed, OUT, that hit him low and straight and out,the quicker delivery
Aftab Ahmed lbw b Shahid Afridi 5 (6b 1x4 0x6) SR: 83.33
6.1 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, 1 run, swept to fine leg

Thats more like it

I think this is the end of the journey for Rao Ifti. Our first choice attack should definitely be Akhtar, Asif and Gul

One thing to note is that these tracks are really flat out in Kenya - absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers.

I've seen the wickets at first hand and they are batsmen's paradise.

The guys gone
O wait its Ashraful

Mohammad Ashraful run out 7 (4b 1x4 0x6) SR: 175.00

Shoaib Akhtar 3 0 24 1 8.00 (2w)
Mohammad Asif 2 0 22 0 11.00 (1w)
Iftikhar Anjum 1 0 20 0 20.00

Bang 77-2 off 7.4 overs
Nazimuddin (rhb) 58 32

Saj said:
One thing to note is that these tracks are really flat out in Kenya - absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers.

I've seen the wickets at first hand and they are batsmen's paradise.

Doesn't excuse our bowlers from this pathetic performance though. The tracks in Saffie land are also going to be flat, we cant let this kind of thing happen there

7.4 Yasir Arafat to Nazimuddin, OUT
Mohammad Ashraful run out 7 (4b 1x4 0x6) SR: 175.00

Thats the wicket we needed

Usman Sahib said:
Doesn't excuse our bowlers from this pathetic performance though. The tracks in Saffie land are also going to be flat, we cant let this kind of thing happen there

Hopefully its down to a lack of match practice and it gives Lawson something to work on :)

Big wicket, BD skipper gone

A couple more quick wickets and we might come out of this with a respectable win margin!!

Gone. Run out.

Nazim still there. He has batted so well, and I hope he gets a 100. Though I am not afraid that Pak may lose this match, its the future that I am worred about.

Ashraful goes run out. Not the wicket we needed but oh well...

Bangladesh 84/3

Its a one-man show right now, literally!

8.6 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, no run
8.5 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, 2 runs, driven to long on
8.4 Shahid Afridi to Alok Kapali, 1 run, pushed to covers
8.3 Shahid Afridi to Nazimuddin, 1 run, cut to point
8.2 Shahid Afridi to Alok Kapali, 1 run, driven up but safe wide of long on
8.1 Shahid Afridi to Alok Kapali, no run, a quicker delivery from Afridi

Good stuff lala

good first over from Arafat. Only 6 from it.

Bangladesh need 108 runs off 11 overs @ 9.93 with 7 wickets in hand

Mortaza is a danger man with the bat. He can certainly hit it a long way.

This is great! Twenty20 is so volatile and we can see anyone win now since it is much shorter! Tody Uganda beat Kenya by upset and atleast now Banglas are giving us a run for our money. We just need to get this Nazimuddin wala out and we are good.

Boundaries are leaking here! Required run-rate: 9.66

Bangladesh require another 95 runs with 7 wickets and 59 balls remaining

Kapali comes to the party
10.5 Shahid Afridi to Alok Kapali, SIX, struck well to a flighted delivry to the stands at long on

Bangladesh in a vey good position to win this. Terffic stuff, I hand it to them.

This is ridiculous. Every over we are conceding either a six or a four. And this is just Bangladesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back