Pakistan v Bangladesh | T20 Warm up | [02/9/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoaib sends the middle-stump flying with a yorker. Reza's vigil ends on 18

Bangladesh 158/7 in 19.2 overs

18.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Farhad Reza, OUT, I thought they could hardly see him and thats the result middle stump off of a yorker
Farhad Reza b Shoaib Akhtar 18 (14b 2x4 0x6) SR: 128.57

He is bowling fast,I hope he can stay fit

Good Captaincy. Good rotation of the bowlers. Good bowling changes. Well done Malik.

Pakistan win in the end, but alot for Lawson and our bowling attack to think about. All crdit should go to Bangladesh for putting up such a gallient effort with the bat

yipeeee pakistan win what a match pakistan batted brilliantly but didnt start off bowling well but what a come after nazimuddin smaashed our bowlers around the park well played pakistan

btw bangladesh made it really hard for us to win

Last edited:
Pakistan 191/7 (20/20 ov)
Bangladesh 161/7 (20.0/20 ov)
? won by 30 runs

Bangladesh RR 8.05
Pakistan RR 9.55

Cricinfo seems to be searching for a winner guys

I expected Shoaib to go for plenty but its the wickets he gets you that add to his utility in the squad. Afridi as usual was brilliant. Good comeback by Rao after the early stick. Extremely dissapointed with Asif, he has to add some more pace if he wants to survive on flat decks.

Also Salman Butt needs to get moving up the order, he wastes too many deliveries and this could cost us some extra runs in the future. He should learn from Nazimmudin its not so difficult to play the sheet anchor role and to stay at the wicket till the end.

Im very worried about the fact that we havent been able to bowl out the opposing team in any of our opening games. Lawson and Malik have been boasting about howwe can defend small totals with our bowling line-up. I dont think so, if we continue like we are at the moment. And our fielding hasnt changed much has it?

Last edited:
Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Im very worried about the fact that we havent been able to bowl out the opposing team in any of our opening games. Lawson and Malik have been boasting about howwe can defend small totals with our bowling line-up. I dont think so, if we continue like we are at the moment. And our fielding hasnt changed much has it?

I think Pakistan did pretty well, especially good captaincy and excellent bowling changes and bowlers uses.

I don't know why would we expect Pakistan or for same reason any other team to bowled out opposition in a 2020 match? They did pretty good. Slogging is normal phenomenon in this version of the game and with the pace of Akhtar it is expected that it will be hit and miss thing, but only worrying thing is inclusion of Asif in the squad. There is no doubt he is Pakistan best bowler with a new ball in test matches and to some extent in ODI, but he is not a bowler who could restrict batsmen if they go after him, especially if he is only allowed to bowl 4 overs. Therefore, Gul must be Pakistan new ball bowler along with Akhtar. If Akhtar is not fit then Asif may play.

Further, captain should allow himself extra bowling choices in the form of Hafeez or Fawad instead of playing Misbah. I believe Hafeez and Fawad are better batsmen in this form of the game than Misbah, and since they are good fielder as well as spin bowling options so their inclusion should allow Malik a 7th bowler, which could be a good thing to have in hand.

Pakistan should think of making to changes to playing eleven by bringing in Gul and Fawad/Hafeez for Asif and Misbah. (Again no doubt Asif is Pakistan best bowler in test matches and good bowler in ODIs, but not for this form of game).

I think Malik should bowl himself, it will be useful practice for him. We should have 2 spinners operating in tandum to take the pace of the bowl and to go through the overs quickly.

A slight note guys. No need to worry. The conditions in SA will be much different. I expect seaming conditions over there and there is going to be bounce as well. Plus with the day night factor helping our bowlers as well. I just want Lawson to work on our bowlers, like for e.g. what strategy do they adopt if the opposition goes after them?.

Savak said:
I think Malik should bowl himself, it will be useful practice for him. We should have 2 spinners operating in tandum to take the pace of the bowl and to go through the overs quickly.

A slight note guys. No need to worry. The conditions in SA will be much different. I expect seaming conditions over there and there is going to be bounce as well. Plus with the day night factor helping our bowlers as well. I just want Lawson to work on our bowlers, like for e.g. what strategy do they adopt if the opposition goes after them?.

Ya for example if Pakistani bowler bowls to Afridi, Nazir and Younis, what strategy should they adopt? It will be a good case study.

I think Sami deserves the nod, he has better yorkers than Gul and has more variety,
Key to the 20/20 would be the variation in bowling a team has.

Wazeeri said:
I think Sami deserves the nod, he has better yorkers than Gul and has more variety,
Key to the 20/20 would be the variation in bowling a team has.

Even if he were to have been picked he still wouldn't have played. He was picked for the 'A' series against Australia and has gotten injured. He won't play any part of that series apart from playing the last few matches if he's lucky and his recovery goes quick and to plan. But I agree he would have had more yorkers, and maybe more variety but I wouldn't swap him for Gul. Asif would be the man out for me. Going into that first match on September 12th, if Asif doesn’t bowl well against Kenya that I’d go in with Shoaib (assuming he's fit!), Gul and Rao as our three pacers, with either Fawad or Yasir as the other batting and bowling options and lala the fifth bowler. This also gives us more flexibility with the ball, with the skipper being able to bring himself on also.

Well played to Pakistan. We dominated the game but all credit to Nazimuddin who played a brilliant knock, without him, we would have absolutely thumped Bangladesh! As it is, a relatively comfortable victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back