Pakistan v England | 3rd T20I | Abu Dhabi | 27/02/12 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, what a cracking finish. I'm gutted really, we could have won this. Terrible way to end the series.

atleast pak will boot out misbah from t20s before t20 world cup!!!look at the positives...

Pak should have won this game. They should have coasted here.

When the required rate is above 6 and only one batsman is scoring at 100+SR, you are going to have this problem.

Umar and Misbah hitting win eyes closed and Afridi ball watching and never dived.... Go to school and learn to play cricket.

BEING negative. That is why because our captain is a person that can take a winning match and loose it for us, first the T20 final, then the WC semi final and now this. WE need to get rid of this guy He is a loser and selfish player and that is way Inzi never brought him in. Loser

Pak should have won this game. They should have coasted here.

When the required rate is above 6 and only one batsman is scoring at 100+SR, you are going to have this problem.

The culprit is Umar Akmal, he wasted nearly an over wafting air rather than bat using his brains, which I doubt the Akmal members are blessed with!!!

Bowled - England win the T20 series. Aizaz Cheema's full toss at the end cost us the match coupled with a reluctance to hit out when we had wickets in hand and also the pitch became increasingly difficult to bat on. England bowled well but Pakistan will be kicking themselves. It was ours to lose for much of the match.

And thats how to screw up a p--- easy chase. Well done Missbah youve done it again. T20 World Cup final 2007. ODI World Cup Semi-final 2011. And now today. Heart of a champion indeed. Stay in Tests, dont come out!!!

If Misbah hadn't promoted himself like a boss, we would have won

Absolutely Pathetic.

If Misbah hadn't promoted himself like a boss, we would have won

Absolutely Pathetic.

I bet even Marcus Trescothick and Lance Klusener cant believe how much of a convulsive CHOKER Misbah is.

Misbah is the culprit. Needs to hang his boots from ODI's and T20. Never wins you a game under pressure

Umar used to keep his shape & play shots.

Now he just heaves & slogs.

He has gone backwards.

Akmal was probably told if he plays his natural game and screws it up, he might be dropped. His intent wasn't there. Philosophy of Mohsin and Misbah. T20 is a game where you go and just play, don't threaten the man for throwing wickets away playing his style.

Ugh I think the batting order was messed up. Misbah shouldn't have come when he came and neither should have Shafiq (though he wasn't as big a problem). Azam or Akmal or even Afridi should have batted up the order and finished the job WAY before and we wouldn't have been in this mess.

Even I cannot defend misbah after this display. And so much for Umar Akmal being our saviour. Seriously, we cannot handle pressure chasing...

1. Chema last ball full toss of last our went to 6
2. Umar Akmal and Misbah hitting with there eyes closed.
3. Afridi watching ball and not running. Also did not dived grrr

That cost u the match. Misbah could had sent Hamad Azam before him !!!

Bowled by Dernbach, lol, that pretty much eloquently resumes Misbah's innings : catastrophic.

can't believe we could not make 33 runs off the last 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand

Akmal was probably told if he plays his natural game and screws it up, he might be dropped. His intent wasn't there. Philosophy of Mohsin and Misbah. T20 is a game where you go and just play, don't threaten the man for throwing wickets away playing his style.

But playing your natural game should not also mean you smash the ball blindly and throw away your wicket in every game

You have to smack the ball intelligently (cf. Viv, Gilchrist)

This is sooooooooooooooo bad,

a match that should've been won really easily, in the 18th over, but we keep trying to play tuk tuk cricket, and this is what happens,

We can't chase down 130 in a T20.

What a shame

I wasn't calling for Misbah to be dropped but I am now

Yes and No...

Yes, because we usually gift 2-3 wickets in a bundle.. so one wicket could have opened the gate for rest to follow suit

No, because England may probably want Misbah to be there till the end, especially the last over... He has a history to bottle it in the last over :(

So I was right

But, frankly disappointed that we lost...

Amir Sohail man just say his name....its Kevin Pieterson. The KP, KP, KP, KP, KP is so annoying and sounds so unnatural.

can't believe we could not make 33 runs off the last 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand

yeah that was shocking... this must mean the end of Misbah's ODI & 20/20 career. His batting was shocking...surely with so many wickets in hand he could tried to slog much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back