Pakistan v England | 3rd Test | DSC | Feb 3-7, 2012 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so can anyone summarize what exactly happened?
Is the pitch too difficult to bat on or was this one of those cyclical collapses we go through every now and again?

Imo, Bopara would have had half the average of Morgan in this series had he played. Could see him taking a five for though.
can't assume things. Especially when morgan averages like 10. Averaging 5 wouldn't be much difference. Plus if he can bowl and averaging five, he's already more worth than Morgan.

The guy deserves his chance, and England should give to him, for better or worse. After all Bopara does have an average of 34 or so with three centuries even though they all came against WI. Not bad stats, and rumours are he's improved as a player.

so can anyone summarize what exactly happened?
Is the pitch too difficult to bat on or was this one of those cyclical collapses we go through every now and again?

pitches are supposedly better than what scorecard suggests

can't assume things. Especially when morgan averages like 10. Averaging 5 wouldn't be much difference. Plus if he can bowl and averaging five, he's already more worth than Morgan.

The guy deserves his chance, and England should give to him, for better or worse. After all Bopara does have an average of 34 or so with three centuries even though they all came against WI. Not bad stats, and rumours are he's improved as a player.

I would have picked him as an allrounder. His batting has always been quite woeful and all his decent innings are made up of hacked shots and dropped chances.

Wahab would've been useful here.
agree.

Like Cheema but he needs to perform straight way considering his age. And especially games like this where the outcome of the series is already determined, best time to try out and groom new talent.

We've seen Junaid and Cheema, and they've been ok. Riaz should have got a chance too. Though considering Riaz is out the ODI squad too, he's probably not playing because of non-cricketing reasons unfortunately.

Seriously though, I'm struggling to remember when I've seen such a horrible day of batting.

agree.

Like Cheema but he needs to perform straight way considering his age. And especially games like this where the outcome of the series is already determined, best time to try out and groom new talent.

We've seen Junaid and Cheema, and they've been ok. Riaz should have got a chance too. Though considering Riaz is out the ODI squad too, he's probably not playing because of non-cricketing reasons unfortunately.

He has been cleared . Misbah just wants to be consistent with the selections i guess .

If we can limit them to a 40 or so lead, think we can win it. Batting first kind of cancels that sort of lead out.

Anderson batting? Saving England best batsmen broad for tomorrow?

He has been cleared . Misbah just wants to be consistent with the selections i guess .
why's he out of the ODI squad then? He was an automatic pick before he was "rested". Something just doesn't feel right. Unless the news he's out of the ODI squad are false.

wrong decision to put in anderson. I'd play Swann, let him play a few strokes and get a lead before stumps.

Lols they are saving Broady for a cameo tomorrow

Misbah giving some secret tips. I expect a wicket straight away.

Stupid stuff from Ajmal, bowl properly yaar

Ten Sports presentation is normally OK but has been horrible today
Switched to PTV sports from quite a while now

It's worse than Ten sports, last test match a wicket fell and they started showing ads and when they telecasted the match, another wicket was down :))

One more opportunity lost by England batsmen to capitalize on the good work done by their bowlers. They cannot win in sub continent conditions until they learn to seize whatever opportunities they are presented with.

Pakistan on the other hand have bowled exceptionally well. Misbah somehow does not want to lose it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back