Pakistan v England | T20 World Cup | The Oval | 07/06/09 | Pak Innings

12thMan said:
ECB said:
If Pak-Holland is a match and IF Pakistan wins then it goes to NRR. Pakistan right now are way behind both teams. So Pakistan has to make up for NRR today and add couple of runs to be above Holland who are at 0.05 NRR now

yes, I was hoping to see the calculation

isnt it like england and holland were almost same in 20 overs so if pak beat holland by chasing their score quickly, we go through

ucilite said:
hahah...as if Afrdi wasn't going to swing at everything if the situation was any better. pathetic simply pathetic!

Your information on the right is quite depressing dude

Savak said:
Why does Afridi have to go in these crisis situations all the time? I mean the pressure of his own lack of runs and the situation in which he is sent will always get to him. I am telling you guys, the only solution to Afridi getting back to his destructive best is to send him opening and tell him to blast away and assure him he will continue to open non stop for six consecutive months so that his fear of failure goes away.

Excuses begin.

BDfanforever said:
Pakistan have to bat first against NED and post like 200+.

They will need 50 overs and 18 batsmen to get to 200.

I guess few will brave the weather for Pakistan's Holland encounter at Lords on Tuesday, especially as they could repeat the 2007 WC ignominy, and lose as they did to Ireland then

lol, not surprised, what do you expect when your best players are banned and you have to rely on 17 year olds

by about 40 runs
as we will lose by around tha much.
Also 40 euates to 2rpo

iZeeshan said:
How much will we have to beat Netherlands by to get through?

About 2 runs more than Eng beat us by today.

If we can get the margin under 40 i think we have a shot

iZeeshan said:
The problem is that the damn Pak NDL game might get rained out!

I don't think we will find the Netherlands easy to beat. Certainly not by 50-60 runs.

Sparhawk said:
About 2 runs more than Eng beat us by today.

If we can get the margin under 40 i think we have a shot

jesus....

not holdiong my breath

Defensive shot by Arafat

EVERY RUN IS CRUCIAL what are you doing????

Wasim what are they gonna do by sitting down. All they will do is bring back the same team. Same losers in Butt, Shehzad. But there will be no change in the squad.

I know the blokes in 1992 had talent, but if this is how Inti coached, then what a bloody crazy captain person Imran was. So much for teh dummy captain following Imrans footsteps

Sparhawk said:
Razzaq would have made such a difference in this team

seriously dude give it up already. The ICL people are no better than this lot.

go fcuk yourself INTI and younis khan

sorry mods i am mad :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

iZeeshan said:
How much will we have to beat Netherlands by to get through?
can't be told until the match is over looking at score now I will say 60 runs or chase the score in 14 overs. Pakistan needs to get 20 runs even now if they are thinking

ECB said:
does wasim ever say anything positive? he always starts negative

Is there anything positive to say about these losers?

Does younus know anything about net run rate???????? why are we not making an effort to go for boundries.

they really need to take about 20 runs of the next few balls.

are we playing in the same ground as the England batters? We just can't seem to reach the boundaries with our slogs.

sorry to say that but 2009 has been very poor for us...by all means...

here we go here we go...here we go wew we go..here we gooo oooo

ECB said:
does wasim ever say anything positive? he always starts negative

You need to feel for him, The man is watching live and commentating, Do you think he would he pleased to see his Team's performance? absolutely not

This is a result of over coaching. When we were a strong side our players performed on talent alone. No coaching was needed. now we have all the talk about technique and line and length. Screw yourself coaches. Aqib, Inti, ad all the rest NCA coaches need to be fired. Bring in the real talented players to coahes these guys. Bring in the aggressive guys.

Sparhawk said:
You dont think Razzaq is better than this?

razzaq didn't even have a place in the team when he defected to ICL. Neither was Imran Nazir or those other has-beens and never-beens.

BCS MCS ***! The match is lost but we are now basically out of the tournament if they don't maximize their runs!!!

mooz said:
they really need to take about 20 runs of the next few balls.

Sorry dude, but i disagree.

The majority of the ICL players can walk in to this sorry excuse for a team...

Inzamam
Mohammed Yousuf
Imran Nazir
Rana
Abdul-Razzaq
Azhar Mahmood
Saqlain Mushtaq

we will not need to win ny about 60 against Holland as we have not really made any runs in the last few overs.

Theres a 55 meter boundary somewhere on this ground but it seems to have eluded us all innings. KP hit 61 meter six to it somewhere around square leg

Shocking display of batting from Pakistan.

What are they playing at?

everybody now

here we go here we go...here we go here we go..here we gooo oooo

Do these people not even think that they need runs in the last few overs...do they not have any thinking what so ever that if they don't take any runs then they will need to beat Netherlands even bigger?

allrite enuff talking...where's the damn BLADE when u need one...time to start cutting some slittttttttttt....

mooz said:
razzaq didn't even have a place in the team when he defected to ICL. Neither was Imran Nazir or those other has-beens and never-beens.

Oh please. The players we have at the moment are rubbish.

You talking out your back side.

Last edited:
observer1 said:
Sorry dude, but i disagree.

The majority of the ICL players can walk in to this sorry excuse for a team...

Inzamam
Mohammed Yousuf
Imran Nazir
Rana
Abdul-Razzaq
Azhar Mahmood
Saqlain Mushtaq

Inzi is retired, MoYo is not T20 material, Razzaq and Nazir i touched upon. If Saqi can play why not Mushie, or Abdul Qadir?

Black armband day for Pakistani cricket.

I just feel sorry for fans who pay to watch such rubbish cricket from Pakistan

bumble said pakistan match on tuesday weather looks bad if it is a washout we go out

48 runs is the margin... i think we can do this but the bowlers will have to bowl out of their skins.

checkers.llvllaster said:
Do these people not even think that they need runs in the last few overs...do they not have any thinking what so ever that if they don't take any runs then they will need to beat Netherlands even bigger?

Totally agree. The coach/manager should have atleast emphasized that over the last 3-4 overs. Funny thing is that the capt YK was out there and he seemed oblivious also.

so Pak will need to win by 52 runs in a 20 overs game against Holland to qualify for the next round.

I don't see that happening as this team is not capable to score above 150 in the form they are

A realllllllly reallllly crap captaincy from younis khan. Why on earth did he make arafta open and the piece of **it stayed in for three overs even after getting slogged all over the place.

The batting line up is bull shi*, butt and shahzad put a lot of pressure on other players and why on earth did misbah come in at no. 6.

No fawad alam

We will lose against netherlands as well and that wud be a great slap on the face for this team management so i hope we do lose.

even if go to the super 8s we still are gonna be beaten so whats the point of even getting behind the team who just cant learn from their mistakes

Lethal said:
I just feel sorry for fans who pay to watch such rubbish cricket from Pakistan

dont blame the players...blame the state of of the country...

This is a result of over coaching.

i thought the same when the catches were being dropped. These boys have been out in the field practising for so long they just do not have the energy in the match.

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
we need to beat holland by 50 runs

thats if we can beat holland :inzi

Thats if the weather doesn't interfere.

InshaALLAH it doesn't.

even if we lost....we shudv tried to bring the scores as close as possible...but no1 not 1 person has tried to accelerate ....Y??!!? there is summat seriously wrong with this Pak setup...they lack common-sense...now they have to literally THRASH Netherlands...
Pak are just an incompetent bunch of bufoons

Imagine the posts that would come up if it Malik was the captain and had done what Younis did today....

Back