Pakistan v England | T20 World Cup | The Oval | 07/06/09 | Pak Innings

pakistan can still go through, providing they beat holland and beat them comprehensively!

but again it'll rain on tuesday!!

This is hillarious stuff, where are all Afridi supporters now? The guy can't even hit at all now...SR of 41.6? :)) Even the commentators were making fun of him...

Wait a minute im over reacting. I just remembered he was one of our top scorers against Australia... ok hes back to being a bowling all rounder.

When every tom dick and harry is hitting sixes and our own beasts are handing them catches.

Thank God, Afridi is out of his misery..whats this..don't we have bloody talent ..why let him play

lol this is nothing new...AFRIDI cant play a match savior innings....he shud have OPEN me thinks

d********d stayed all taht long just to cough up a catch like that. Completely useless. it mite of been an off day with the ball but if it continues then Saeed Ajmal is a worthy enough replacement for Afridi in ODIS allowing for Yousuf or Fawad to come into the team.

forget pakistan for this tournament. I am supporting India for this t20
holland beating england had been tragic for pakistan

Well England looks set to go to next round.
Pakistan needs 84 from 29 balls with 5 wickets in hand

Pakistan will have to beat Holland with 2 runs better then the loss today

need to score at least 60 in last overs to have a any chance of staying in this tournament .

Pakistan seemed to have given up a while ago...now they are just playing to make it look closer than it ever was; pathetic

Has the ground become bigger after the innings break???

pak needs to be little smart here , win looks unlikely ..they have 4+ overs left ...instead of getting out going for win , try to get 30-40 in those overs ...a big loss will hurt them bad

qaiser said:
forget pakistan for this tournament. I am supporting India for this t20
holland beating england had been tragic for pakistan
India-SA final will be good as it looks like Pakistan is out

Message to wrist slitters:

Next match is against Netherlands. Aamer, Gul and Afridi coul bowl them out for 100 so we might still make it on run rate.

dear oh dear...

anyway i enjoyed the tourney - i thought the national anthems were class..real buzz..i'll try to hold that in my heart...

12thMan said:

Pakistan will have to beat Holland with 2 runs better then the loss today[/QUOTE]

can u explain that

Misbah plays an impeccable straight bat defensive shot! But why?

Well in an interview Afridi stated that whenever he wants to slog a ball he keeps his eyes shut and leaves res t to hi bat, fate, god and the bowler bowling rubbish ball

Man, what stinker; went to watch a game after a long time, and then this :p

while Afridi's inning was statistically one of the worst in the history of T20, the blame for this poor batting performance lies squarely on YK and Malik. What choice did Afridi have but to swing at everything.

mooz said:
while Afridi's inning was statistically one of the worst in the history of T20, the blame for this poor batting performance lies squarely on YK and Malik. What choice did Afridi have but to swing at everything.

u r rite

thats it good stuff guys. Just tuk tuk the ball around. We will get to 130 by the end of the innings

All rather pedestrian from Pakistan here. Singles and twos are nowhere near enough

this team has lost the plot

we have kept on with these old morons for too long and we are seeing the results now

The 2 Butss tale is a bad bad omen for Pakistan. No Fawad Alam again :<
and wrong joker alam making decissions :<

Last edited:
ECB said:
12thMan said:

Pakistan will have to beat Holland with 2 runs better then the loss today[/QUOTE]

can u explain that
If Pak-Holland is a match and IF Pakistan wins then it goes to NRR. Pakistan right now are way behind both teams. So Pakistan has to make up for NRR today and add couple of runs to be above Holland who are at 0.05 NRR now

Why does Afridi have to go in these crisis situations all the time? I mean the pressure of his own lack of runs and the situation in which he is sent will always get to him. I am telling you guys, the only solution to Afridi getting back to his destructive best is to send him opening and tell him to blast away and assure him he will continue to open non stop for six consecutive months so that his fear of failure goes away.

mooz said:

hahah...as if Afrdi wasn't going to swing at everything if the situation was any better. pathetic simply pathetic!

The problem is that the damn Pak NDL game might get rained out!

Younis Khan is the biggest baboon ever. All talk and when it comes to tactics it's the same crap over and over again.

Back