Pakistan v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 26/9/09 | Indian Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
303 is the target and Pakistan are ready - are you ?

I think they needed 320+ on this pitch.

But after the slow start, they did good to achieve 300+

Target 303. Fabulous innings from Yousuf and a very good knock from Malik to push Pakistan over 300.

YES I AM...i have beeen battling trying to find a live stream..does anyone here have one? would highly appreciate it..

Let's look at the PP innings.

2200 posts uptill now in the Pakistan thread :eek: :eek: Amazing

3 hours 40minutes , 2200 posts

10 posts every minute to be exact.

I'm not ready - can you wait till I catch up?

I really hope Wasim Akram was right with his ''280+ is enough'' prediction.

MIG said:
303 is the target and Pakistan are ready - are you ?

I think Pak have runs on the board, if Tindu goes India goes, Pak win by 100 runs.....inshallah

i'm still surprised they didn't hit a single six, i'm looking at a bunch of matches and so far that is a record...

What im wondering: why is everyone at skysports commentary assuming this is going to be very difficult for the Indians? I mean, yes it will be tough, but its a flat deck and certainly not unachievable as the commentators are making it look

we're safe Alhamdulillah, congrats everyone.

300 is good enough, indians are not confident enough to chase this total underpressure and we have the bowling to bowl better than indians.

now its the game of pressure for both teams .................

All depends on the first 10 overs. The ball will swing under lights and its upto the bowlers to get their lines right. Force Gambhir and Tendu to take risks rather than giving away freebies. The pressure of the match will play on the batsmen's minds. We just don't have to lose our mind out there

Juggernaut said:
I really hope Wasim Akram was right with his ''280+ is enough'' prediction.
No, he corrected himself towards the end. He said he thought 280+ would be enough, but the wicket is not turning

If not for afridis 4 we would not have reached 300. What a beastly innings.

Inshallah we can defend it now.

Disco_Lemonade said:
we're safe Alhamdulillah, congrats everyone.

300 is good enough, indians are not confident enough to chase this total underpressure and we have the bowling to bowl better than indians.

That comments 50 overs too early

Awesome score, with our great bowling attack and ajmal and afridi spin on this slow pitch, Pakistan are on top.

common -pakistan, they did really well to get to 300+, key will be aamer and rana new ball spell.. a few early wickets india will be on the back foot

302 is an excellent score. If we can't defend that, I would say our bowling is not up to par.

I dreamt last night that India was all out for 100. Do you think it will happen?

lollol said:
What im wondering: why is everyone at skysports commentary assuming this is going to be very difficult for the Indians? I mean, yes it will be tough, but its a flat deck and certainly not unachievable as the commentators are making it look
For starters we have decent bowling line up much better than Indians.
If we can hold up over nerves in the beginning we should be OK.

Only way we can lose is if it is like Qtr final 96

Im soo looking forward to seeing Aamir run up towards the Indian batsman who will 100% be looking to smack him around...

PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD

Salazar said:
Let's look at the PP innings.

2200 posts uptill now in the Pakistan thread :eek: :eek: Amazing

3 hours 40minutes , 2200 posts

10 posts every minute to be exact.
72 out of those by a certain Momo.

Great Knock by Malik to keep Pakistan in the hunt . But I think 302 is a sub par score on this pitch and the lower order of Pakistan blew it up . 330 was there for the taking . India should be able to chase this or atleast come very close with the batting that they have .

any streams guys?

I couldn't watch the pak innings properly!

Rana is the key to how well pakistan does in this match, i hope he bowls a lot of slower ones

I dont think this pitch is that easy to bat on unless you have a couple of really set batsmen at the crease, its not that easy to just come in and play shots on this wicket. Therefore we need to keep the pressure on india, our spinners need to pitch it up...seamers stick to a tight line and length...we have the runs on the board so as long as we dont make the silly mistakes the indian bowlers made, we should be alright here inshallah!

now who is the hero for pakistan in bowling........... :ajmal :aamir :naved :afridi :gul

very good score by pakistan.. we need to get early wickets!! Pakistan will win this game :D

This is the kind of wicket where a team can lose way at any time, no matter how well they have been playing. As soon as a wicket falls, it's back to square one.

The pace is slow, except when the ball is new (first 8 overs and then 34-40).

Even if India start off very well, the boys ( :inzi ) should always be positive and believe themselves to be in the game.

Are we short 20 runs from safe zone? I hope no dew factor tonight.

last 10 overs only 80 odd runs vs 30-40 overs 96 runs.

Can't complain, amazing recovery against probably the most ordinary bowling attack in the tournament. Nazir and Akmal could have torn this apart but their stupid shot selection never changes.

Pakistan min 15 runs short,They could have easily got 320..only 40 runs in last 5 overs..

This is how I think it will go.

Aamer will pick up a wicket in his second over. India will blitz and score around 100 runs in 13 overs. Then like always, they will falter to the spinners.

Afridi and Ajmal will bring them down to earth and Pakistan will win by 80+ runs.

I think India will make it real EXCITED or going to lost this match real Badly...

I hope Sachin plays a winning knock today. We too will need a century by someone.

I hope Wasim goes to the Pakistani dressing room and reinforces the notion of cutters being incredibly important on this pitch to our bowlers. If you noticed, the Indians did not really employ them until the batting powerplay and the success was there to be seen. This is a pitch that has grip on it and not pace and our bowlers need to adjust accordingly

we certainly have better bowling attack compared to India, so i guess couple of good spells will do for us

tdigi said:
I hope Sachin plays a winning knock today. We too will need a century by someone.

If he doesn't then you you guys will blame the bowing as usual?

302 is 2 runs higher than what has ever been chased at Centurion

I doubt India will break any sort of record to win this game against our bowling lineup

Gul would be key and to an extent Rana...if both get their line right, we could win...however if Gul continues to bowl his two gear bowling either yorkers or bouncer and Rana bowls all over the place...we'd be in for a long night...

Batting has done their job and now the rest of the work lies on bowlers shoulder.

:ajmal :gul :afridi :aamir :naved :malik

tdigi said:
I dreamt last night that India was all out for 100. Do you think it will happen?
Come on, that's ridiculously low. India will get all-out for 102.

One thing is for sure, Pakistan is the only team in the world that makes Bhajji look like a third grade bowler.
He went for 71 runs today and was Lucky to get a wicket off the last ball of his spell.

Hehes, I heard when you tell people about your dreams, they do tend to come true...or was it about nightmares? Don't remember exactly...

But to win we have a simple task. Get Tendulkar, Dravid, Gambhir, Dhoni, Raina, Virat and Pathan out cheaply :D

I might sound like a "Na shukra" but we had disappointing last few overs. We should have scored another 15 runs.
Good total in the end though.

The serial slapper will get his 100 he's been dreaming of!

Mohsin said:
The serial slapper will get his 100 he's been dreaming of!

:))...heard of a serial killer before.

Only 2 ways Pakistan can lose this:

1) Tendulkar masterclass innings
2) Horrible bowling/fielding performance ( if we bowl like we have been then this is ours)

Simple.

dhoni is supposed to be the best captain in the world?lol..goodness me that was dumb captaincy

I think india will go close!!!!!

but the team which will handle pressure will win!!!

303 should be a bridge too far for India.

With Yuvraj & Sehwag missing, huge pressure on Tendulkar ... I feel he will buckle under it. :burn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back