Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st T20| Dubai | 11/12/09 | Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news about the starting line-up? i hope nazir and alam are playing

Um, match is in 40 minutes from now. Toss is half an hour before the game, which is 10 minutes.

Oh and good avatar Bublu, Eddie Guererro was a superb character, regardless of wrestling being fake or not.

My prediction on the starting 11:

1. Imran Nazir
2. Imran Farhat (He has to play, otherwise Susar-ji would throw a tantrum; also better here than the test match))
3. Shahid Afridi (I think he likes to come one down in T20)
4. Fawad Alam (Need at least one batsman with some sanity to keep his wicket)
5. Umar Akmal (No explanation necessary)
6. Shoaib Malik (Mr. Teflon, nothing sticks to him; he'll just keep on playing through all the drama)
7. Kamran Akmal (Has no replacement and is part of Mr. Teflon's posse)
8. Rana (could be Razzaq or Sohail Tanvir, depending on the captain's preference)
9. Mohammad Amir
10. Umer Gul
11. Saeed Ajmal

LOVE your signature, farsiddiqui.

"Quitters never win, Winners never quit, But those who never win AND never quit are Idiots"

The bolded part applied to Younis Khan until around a day ago :D

EDIT: Second thoughts, actually, it still applies to Younis Khan. iQuit! :yk

I wanna concentrate on the match today but i am writing a literature paper tomorrow....seriously annoying!

I just have a really bad feeling that the team will perform badly in these two Twenty20s because of everything that's happening around them.. Younis' captaincy removed, Yousuf the new captain, the future of the team, etc etc etc

I just hope it doesn't affect them.. not tonight, not ever

I don't think Fawad alam is gonna play he is still wearing the training shirt and the rest the playing shirt..

7.35pm Vettori isn't playing, McCullum is captaining New Zealand. Toss - McCullum has opted to bowl. Vettori's had a blow to his head in the second ODI, so he's recovering. Afridi says his team is very focused and keen to win this.

Afridi_Fan said:
7.35pm Vettori isn't playing, McCullum is captaining New Zealand. Toss - McCullum has opted to bowl. Vettori's had a blow to his head in the second ODI, so he's recovering. Afridi says his team is very focused and keen to win this.
why did vettori play 3rd ODI then?

New Zealand team
BB McCullum*†, AJ Redmond, MJ Guptill, LRPL Taylor, SB Styris, NT Broom, BJ Watling, NL McCullum, TG Southee, IG Butler, SE Bond
Pakistan team
Kamran Akmal†, Imran Nazir, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi*, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal

Kamran Akmal†, Imran Nazir, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi*, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal

Rana and Farhat miss out, whereas Fawad gets a game. Hope they send Fawad in early.

Mian Hassan said:
YESS

FAWAD ALAM and IMRAN NAZIR PLAYINGGG

Shahid Afridi always speaks very highly of Fawad Alam, calling Fawad potentially his future replacement and that Umar Akmal and Fawad will be the future stars; so I was hopeful that Fawad will get a chance. Let's hope he actually gets to bat at no. 4.

Surprised that Daamaad is not playing! Happy about it, but surprised nonetheless.

Thank God, no Farhat :D

We have a killer lineup, I expect fireworks from the batting order, Nazir/Akmal/Malik/Umar/Afridi/Alam/Razzaq/Tanvir is more than enough to kill any team's bowling lineup in the world.

And we have the Aamer, and iDone. :aamir :ajmal

I think they should have rested Aamer for the upcoming test series.

Very strong team that Pakistan have put forward. Looking forward to seeing Nazir bat. Adrenaline has already started pumping.

When does Zee Cinemas coverage begin in the UK? I feel dirty even tuning into such a ghastly channel....

i really really like the team they have picked.......i think its the perfect team for t20

OK, I'm in...

Stadium is about 20% full.

So much for all the bravado talk of 'T20 full houses'

Afridi_Fan said:
Just because :fawad is in?

You read my mind :D

By the way I really believe Fawad is in the T20 team but not in the ODI team is because of Afridi. He believes in his abilities and so should his fans :p

Team:

7 bowlers? Thats too many bowlers.

Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal

Lots of bowling options in the team:

Batting is the worry .... I'll use my mental image of our batting lineup once again:

cad_flake_miva.jpg

srh said:
Team:

Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal

4 bowlers, 3 allrounders.

srh said:
Team:

I think Afridi is going underbowl Ajmal and Aamer and give opportunities to Tanvir, Gul, Razzaq, himself and share the remaining four with Aamer/Ajmal

Oxy said:
When does Zee Cinemas coverage begin in the UK? I feel dirty even tuning into such a ghastly channel....

ditto...40 quid for watching stupid commercials after every over...

'effectively debt free'

p.s.
programme has started - game about to beging 1600 hrs

IMMY69 said:
ditto...40 quid for watching stupid commercials after every over...

'effectively debt free'

p.s.
programme has started - game about to beging 1600 hrs

That phrase makes me cringe!

Should have rested Mohammad Amir and instead selected Khalid Latif or Imran Farhat.

the T20 games have lost abit of their glamour for me after what has just happened with Pakistan cricket ....

Tanvir back! I must admit, this is a bit surprising now. I wish all the best, but when I last saw him, he was very, very, very wayward towards his bowling. OHHH good ball to start of with Bond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back