Pakistan v South Africa | T20 Warm Up | Trent Bridge| 1/6/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
azfar wali said:
Oh Well it is just a Warm Up match , inshaAllah pakistan will play well in the Real thing

you can only have hops if there is any quality in this team.

There is a serious lack of passion from this team.

They havent looked threatening at all

I just cant see Butt or Shehzad going at 9 runs/over if we need to

Hey friends,

I just logged in to check the match. Where is Fawad Alam, I mean the guy doesn't even get a game in the practice matches to prove his worth?

OK look at the positives from this game Fawad and Yasir will get a chance to play the next warm up.

A royal pasting... hopefully Pak should relise there wrong doings and bounce back.

I saw somebody was saying if BAN can score 180 why can't we.. I think he must've seen why we can't score..

Even BAN has better striker then us.

only 2 people can really smash it in this team. misbah and afridi. why wasnt jamshed selected?

No wounder experts haven't been saying Pakistan is favorite to win and they are right.

Saj said:
seems to be going through the motions these days. Superstar bangeyaa
The success in IPL 1st season has gone to his head. Now Pakistan team colours does not excite him anymore.

Maybe some1 should start a Wasim Akram commentary thread too

On_the_up said:
only 2 people can really smash it in this team. misbah and afridi. why wasnt jamshed selected?
Misbah cannot smash it.

On_the_up said:
Malik and Akmal can too. Also Fawad if he is give a chance to play.

The problem is we just get steamed rolled as we usually do not have a plan or do not stick to a plan if there is one.

It also does not help when we get a slow start.

I just cant understand why this team is here -- they shuold have stayed at home since they dont' seem to be interested in playing.. I blame the management and the captain for this pathetic display !!

asifp said:
you can only have hops if there is any quality in this team.

There is a serious lack of passion from this team.

They havent looked threatening at all

I just cant see Butt or Shehzad going at 9 runs/over if we need to

The good thing about warm up matches is that we can hope that butt fails in both of the matches (Without Costing Pakistan anything In the Tournament) and Younis Realizes that Butt is useless in T20 cricket and Replace him with Shazib or Fawad alam.

IAJ said:
Maybe some1 should start a Wasim Akram commentary thread too
:))) , commentator asked him, who do you think younis should trust, wasim replied in mentioning all the 7-8 good player and then picking shoaib malik. lmo

saeed-sohail said:
what a waste of a day off.

Totally agree. I live in Norway and my whole family went to Sweden (3 hrs drive for here) but I stayed back for this match.

Fawad can't even get into a warm up side. Oh my my and why wasn't Aamir playing?

Malik playing the sheet anchor role

Afridi was looking in nice touch until the umpire came out with a shocker! :po:

Last edited:
taubaaaaaaaa! what a fluke caught and bowled! Malik gone

This always happens, a brief mini fight back which ultimately is very brief.

pakistan have looked exactly what they are, short of hard match practice.

Hi! I missed the whole match.. (saw till 1st 2 dismissals.)....

What happened? Why Pakistan is crawling now? anyway... it was expected from so called "RUSTY" Pakistani team...

Where Is Fawad Alam! What Is Younis Doing??

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Thanks God...................test match over...by Pakistani team.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smith was struggling in IPL, Steyn hardly got any matches, but they have destroyed Pakistan.

Steyn dishing out yorkers that Gul should have been doing...

After a decent start Pakistan have collapsed in a heap again.

Salman exceeds my expectation...even though he gave away 8/10 runs on the field.

Dear oh dear

oh man the batting wonder Ajaml is out there now. Hopefully he will be better.

Is there truth to the rumour that Ajmal is holding the bat by the wrong end?

AB had more commitment today than the whole Pakistan team combined

Butt sahab sharing jugtain with Aaquib uncle

oh comon guys stop slating the team!!

this is only a bloody warm-up, it doesn't mean jack all!!

they have these warm-up so you can make all the mistakes in them and learn from them, no big deal, these matches don't even count toward the stats!!

India is making a mess of easy game. They should win it comfortably

Folls calm down , when has Pakistan ever done well in a trial match, can any one tell me

Imy said:
Folls calm down , when has Pakistan ever done well in a trial match, can any one tell me

In the last tournament, Pakistan won 3 out of 3.

DonJee said:
oh comon guys stop slating the team!!

this is only a bloody warm-up, it doesn't mean jack all!!

they have these warm-up so you can make all the mistakes in them and learn from them, no big deal, these matches don't even count toward the stats!!
The only problem in your so called hypothesis is that Pakistan team esp. the batsmen are playing their real game. They will play like in a match situation as well. I won't expect Butt and co come firing against England on June 7th.

JustAnotherFan said:
Uhm, they beat Proteas before CWC 2007 in a warmup game. :13:

You must be enjoying this.

SA have looked powerful in all departments and don't even look fully stretched in the slightest.

Its not the fact we lost, its the fact that there isnt any real fight in the team. OK its a warm up game but c'mon you gotta be kidding me. The body language, bowling, fielding, batting has been pathetic.

The thing that worries me most...is the i see no real hope for Wednesday or the tourny proper.

hahaha Parnell SLAPPED down the ground for 4! nice shot by Saeed

:))) Zaheer Abbas would have been proud of that one! down the ground for 4!

SHYTE! Smith takes a one handed catch running backwards! A STUNNER!

The only good thing is that india may lose against NZ, they need 23 from 8 balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back