Pakistan v South Africa | T20 Warm Up | Trent Bridge| 1/6/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that bad bowling from Pakistan, just that the new ball bowlers, Tanno and Rao gee were completely hopeless. Fielding as well was not up to the mark, but at least we didn't drop any catches.

Imy said:
Relax folks this is Paks first match in UK, It will take a day or two to axlimitize, Its a trial game. meant for trial and error

except we are playing pretty much the full strength team!

Gettable total, we did well good enough to pull this match back at certain parts. We are going to need major improvements in bowling and fielding. Afridi did well Mahshallah, hopefully see a lot more of what he has done today. Time to see the batting!

I sugest opening with the Beast and Butt actually. Bring Fawad at number 3 and Misbah at number 4.

hashman said:
another wicket goes, guess he has reserved his place for at least another couple matches after this despite imbalancing the team line up
Mate we should thank our lucky stars he is in the team as we seriously lack in bowling.forget the balance if 7 batsmen can't do the job one more allrounder won't do it either.

New zealand did pretty well against India even though they were pegged back at times. 170/7 after 20 overs. Only 16 behind what SA scored today against a rubbish Pak team! Well done NZ!

Lodhiz said:
Gettable total, we did well good enough to pull this match back at certain parts. We are going to need major improvements in bowling and fielding. Afridi did well Mahshallah, hopefully see a lot more of what he has done today. Time to see the batting!
Gettable total? Are you out of your mind. Don't you know that we are starting with Butt and Shahzad Sahab, Both can be dangerous when they play against Queeta Bears but here we are talking about Steyn, Morkel etc.
So my guess, if Pakistan can somehow manage to get rid of Butt Sahab within five overs then we see a chance.

will be an interesting chase
RP Singh got stick from James franklin

Cricinfo makes this killer yorker sound so pleasent..

van der Merwe gets himself yorked as he comes down the track

ali110 said:
Gettable total? Are you out of your mind. Don't you know that we are starting with Butt and Shahzad Sahab, Both can be dangerous when they play against Queeta Bears but here we are talking about Steyn, Morkel etc.
So my guess, if Pakistan can somehow manage to get rid of Butt Sahab within five overs then we see a chance.
Who knows, perhaps Butt was saving his energy for batting :p And he'll surprise us all! :butt

ali110 said:
Even Bangladesh made 181 against Australia on the same ground so hopefully pakistan will be able to chase 187

Da Best said:
Cricinfo makes this killer yorker sound so pleasent..

van der Merwe gets himself yorked as he comes down the track

actually its true , merwe always gets into awkward positions ...as seen in this case !

azfar wali said:
Even Bangladesh made 181 against Australia on the same ground so hopefully pakistan will be able to chase 187
Are you really seriously? Seriously, you are pridictin pak performance based on what BD did to Aussies.
Dream on my friend.

butt saab gone
now we have our desired betting line up

If butt fails in all the warm up matches we might see shazib Open in the tournament

Please remind me again, why are Tanvir, Rao & Butt even allowed to be near the Pakistani squad?

Take it for what it is - a warm up. I think it would do Gul good to have faced some big bats.

Butt sahab as usual take this warm up match, easy and breezy and there goes the Stump.
simply pathetic stuff from the most senior opener of the team. Actually I am happy, if this can bring some change at top order.
Look at this foot work. Harbhajan and Asif has better foot work.

Steyn to Salman Butt, OUT, good length outside the stump and moving away. Butt with his feet firmly planted in the crease looks to drive it and in the process gets an inside edge. The stumps lie in tatters and the South Africans are celebrating

Salman Butt b Steyn 4 (3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33

I am not surprised. Mr Great BUTT's ifs and buts continues

OZGOD said:

Steyn to Salman Butt, OUT, good length outside the stump and moving away. Butt with his feet firmly planted in the crease looks to drive it and in the process gets an inside edge. The stumps lie in tatters and the South Africans are celebrating

Salman Butt b Steyn 4 (3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33
look at the positive at least he has the right SR :D

why is Ahmed Shehzad playing T20, he is even weaker than Younis Khan

ok he did prove me wrong on that shot

what a lovely shot by butt for 4 ... beautifull straight drive

SHOTTTTTTTTTTTT! Shehzy knows Parnell from the U19 WC

Afridi has to open. We need someone who can set the tempo. Look at Aus with Watson and Haddin today, Sehwag for India etc...

They are middeling everything but straight to the fielders or stumps

My scorecard froze, who got out?

this is an ideal pitch for these two batsmen, especially Akmal. He needs to get a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back