Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st ODI | Karachi | 20/1/09 - SL Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
amarmak said:
hats off to pakpassion commentary team

Savak, Salman, Oxy and the fourth guy :)

The 4th guy will always remain 'unamed'.

Few technical issues though - will see what happens in the 2nd inngs - whether we use it again.

McBoom said:
Captain fantabulous takes out the 2nd slip way too early and two edges have gone through that region.

Great captaincy ! :malik

So how was his captaincy after the massive mistakes he made at the start?

Savak said:
To see Waqar in a buddha beard is surprising. What else has changed? His dressing style? What has made our cricketer's turn to religion?
You make it sound like its a bad thing.

Well good to see them restrict them to just 219 all out after the start they had got by their openers Jayasuriya and Dilshan.....

A few things though I think Malik missed a trick by not bringing on Gul or either Rao earlier on when Akhtar and Tanvir were going for boundaries and perhaps a 2 over spell by either Akhtar or Tanvir at that time would have been enough to bring on someone else to bowl! Apart from that a few field settings were the issue with no slip at times and overall fielding was poor aswell apart from that catch by Salman Butt!

Lets face it - we are rusty. Lack international match practice

And we reduce Lankans to 219 all out

Thats not bad

Pakistan have done well here after the start Sri Lanka got. The wickets flat and a total of 220 should mean we dont have 2 take risks against 2 Ms.

Solid batting is needed now!

Geordie Ahmed said:
So how was his captaincy after the massive mistakes he made at the start?
Usual gutless and defensive, we could have had them all out around 170.

Pakistan to win by 6 wickets in my prediction from here!

McBoom said:
Usual gutless and defensive, we could have had them all out around 170.

To an extent your right aswell! As we had them at 176 for 7 at one stage and then completely let them off the hook and let Maharoof and Kulasekera easy singles and let them settle in....At that time a quick return of Gul and Akhtar would have done it for around 200 even! But well this is the thing we lack still not able to think quick and most importantly KILL THE OPPOSITION!

I really hope they sort out the audio before the start of the Pak innings as its so irritating with this crappy audio hardly understand anything.....I've just closed the TVN stream to give it a bit of rest and in hope it comes back better! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back