Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 2nd T20I | Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore | 07 October, 2019 | Sri Lanka innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
After registering their first win of the tour, Sri Lanka will be quietly confident when the two teams meet again in the second of the three-match T20I series at Lahore's Gaddafi stadium.

Overview:

Pakistan v Sri Lanka, 2nd T20I

Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
Monday, 7 October; 6:30pm local, 01:30pm GMT

Danushka Gunathalika scored a well-crafted 57 to guide Sri Lanka to 165/5 in 20 overs, before the bowlers put on a complete performance to bundle out Sri Lanka for 101 in the 18th over to register an emphatic 64-run win. They will now look to carry the same intensity going forward to seal the series in the second game.

Pakistan did manage to halt Sri Lanka's progress in the final overs, thanks to a hat-trick from 19-year-old Mohammad Hansnain, but it was their batting effort that cost them the game. Veterans Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal, each making their international comebacks, failed to leave a mark, with the latter registering a first-ball duck.

The hosts will need a strong performance from their experienced top four, led by the dynamic Babar Azam, the top ranked batsman in MRF Tyres ICC T20I rankings, to stage a comeback and set up the final game as a series decider on Wednesday, 9 October.

Remember the last time:

Powered by Danushka Gunathalika and nurtured by Avishka Fernando and Bhanuka Rajapaksha, Sri lanka raced to 135/2 in the 16th over after being put in to bat by the hosts. Mohammad Hansnain's hat-trick restricted the visitors to 165/7 to revive hopes for Pakistan, but the home team never really recovered after being reduced to 13/2 in the second over of the chase. Nuwan Pradeep, Isuru Udana and Wanindu Hasaranga shared eight wickets between them as Sri Lanka wrapped up a comfortable 64-run win.

What they said:

Sarfaraz Ahmed, Pakistan captain: "In T20s we can't take any team lightly. Credit to them, they kept it tight with the ball and in the field in the middle overs. We didn't have a good day with the ball, but at one stage it looked like they would get to 170-180 and Hasnain brought us back well. God willing, we'll do well in the next game."

Dasun Shanaka, Sri Lanka captain: "It's a great achievement without our top guns to beat them here. Our openers did a tremendous job for us. We had belief that once all the boys perform we'll win games."

Conditions:

Teams batting first have won four of the last five games played at Gaddafi Stadium.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1371607

Another win for Sri Lanka would makes misbah less arrogant and hopefully 1 step closer to getting rid some of the rubbish along with him.

Shehzad and Akmal and Faheem flop again IA and we get rid of them forever.

Along with Shehad, Akmal and Faheem, we need to get rid off Shadab Khan as well. Most of the matches we loose because our spinners can't take wickets in the middle over neither do they control the run flow.

I hope that the big 3 (U Akmal, Shehzad and Faheem) play, get exposed again and get dropped again, and forever this time.

I do hope Pak win though.

Misbah may play same squad or protect Shehzad for next series by not selecting for this match. Loose or criticism never effected him and will not effect either. umar Akmal,Shehzad, Fahim, Sarfraz are not international material. They cannot find gap to rotate single or hit big.

The PCB back then forced him to resign but the PCB now are behind his side with full back up. Also PCB cannot sack him after offering such a huge salary cap and don't want to loose full contract money by sacking Misbah and replace him with someone else.

We need Misbah for a year or two so his blind followers will see how bad this guy is for our cricket.

Dont waste time talking about getting rid of Misbah as it would not happen for atleast two years. More likely some players will get replaced by the time we goto Australia. Faheem, Asif Ali for sure do not belong in international arena. Shadab needs to improve as well and replaced by Zafar G.
Ahmed Shazad needs to be replaced by Abid Ali.

are there any changes expected or we are gonna face the same humiliation ?

Sri Lanka win the toss in the 2nd T20I against Pakistan and opt to bat first #PAKvSL

All the talk is about the legends shahzad umar and faheem but every1 seems to have forgotten how poor Asif Ali is

Ok someone please tell me why Iftikhar been dropped? I understand Fahim ashraf being dropped. But ifti did not deserved to be dropped

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pakistan's playing XI today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvSL</a> <a href="https://t.co/RLqB5Ymm42">pic.twitter.com/RLqB5Ymm42</a></p>— PakPassion.net (@PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/PakPassion/status/1181195167518351360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pakistan's playing XI today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvSL</a> <a href="https://t.co/RLqB5Ymm42">pic.twitter.com/RLqB5Ymm42</a></p>— PakPassion.net (@PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/PakPassion/status/1181195167518351360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I would drop 7 of them

I hope this is the last international match of Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad and Asif Ali.

Looks like Misbah doesn't care about neither of Pakistan cricket future nor the cricket lovers. He will keep selecting his favorites and defend them as long as he wants. He has no threat to loose this job.

Iftikhar for Asif would be a sensible decision , at least ifti can protect his wkt while going for the big shots.

Whaaaat

They dropped iftikhar? The only guy who was batting well before being run out by his kaptan clueless?

As long as Misbah there they will not go anywhere.

Yes. That is accurate. As I have said many times before, Misbah will emerge as the worst coach Pakistan ever had. Similar to his ODI career, his coaching tenure would be equally mediocre.

Asif is a hack...so is Umar Akmal..and so is Shezad..but the fact is we need some hacks in 20 20 match

I swear to God if they move Babar from the opening position I am going to lose it

WOW

so the guy who actually scored some runs last game gets dropped and the failures are still playing

This Misbah will run our cricket into the ground... Babar moved to number 3 to accommodate Misbah's buddy Shehzad :facepalm: :facepalm:

I hope this beghairat insaan is sacked before next series, but stupid ignorant Wasim Khan probably thinks Misbah is doing a good job.

Misbah is like a Trojan horse in Pakistan cricket. Our cricket will be ruined by this guy very soon

Gunathilka the Sangakarra of this side according to Misbah is gone.
I remember after losing test to zimbabwe asad and azhar had huge praise for likes of chatara pitaara

It is 2019 and 36 year old phassst Wahab is getting smashed in a T20 match. Thank you Misbah

Wahabs strength is he can bowl consistently short and on both sides of the wicket

Got to be so stupid to take that single against shadab

Undoubtedly Shadab is the best fielder we have, hopefully he works hard on his other aspects too

I hope we lose this series 3-0 misbah and sarfraz deserve this

Such things will serve no purpose, Mickey was able to be their for 2 years after even loosing home test series. Its better to support the team rather than such wishes.

I think 9>8 nobody criticised golden boy Aka fast bowler with a speed of 135kph giving 9 runs. I am not a wahab supporter don’t like both Amir and wahab and again 133kph thunderbolts going for four runs

Such things will serve no purpose, Mickey was able to be their for 2 years after even loosing home test series. Its better to support the team rather than such wishes.

At least it will push misbah for drastic changes in team.

I think 9>8 nobody criticised golden boy Aka fast bowler with a speed of 135kph giving 9 runs. I am not a wahab supporter don’t like both Amir and wahab and again 133kph thunderbolts going for four runs

Hear what commies are saying

Commentator saying Shaddy is one of the best fielders in the game, some PP experts think otherwise.

At least it will push misbah for drastic changes in team.

If certain players dont perform Misbah himself will be under pressure to find a winning combination as he has all the power and thus he will be responsible for everything as well.

Amir goes for 11 runs after 9 run over. Maybe he should consider retirement from odi’s as well so that he can focus on t20s only too much load these days for 135kph no swing/seam express fast bowler

I hope we lose this series 3-0 misbah and sarfraz deserve this

I would have been in favour of this, but Wasim Khan and PCB are just looking at this as a debut series for Misbah so that he can get his feet wet. Not realizing we are number one in the world in T20s and losing to 8-9th rank SL will seriously hurt us.

This tour for Sri Lanka has been a lot more beneficial for SL. They are finding some really promising players to replace their own TTFs like Thirimanne and Tharanga

Loving this Rajapaksa exposing our bowling when will we learn we need proper new ball bowlers who can swing it early on like Sameen Gul, genuine pacy bowlers with good yorker like Haris Rauf and a genuine spinner like Zafar Gohar and not a darter like Imad Wasim.

I would have been in favour of this, but Wasim Khan and PCB are just looking at this as a debut series for Misbah so that he can get his feet wet. Not realizing we are number one in the world in T20s and losing to 8-9th rank SL will seriously hurt us.

But sarfaraz is also captain isn’t he?

This Wasim Khan is all talk and show off. Has no understanding about modern day cricket.

This Wasim Khan is all talk and show off. Has no understanding about modern day cricket.

Pakistanis got swayed by his British accent.... he has just copy pasted a domestic structure from elsewhere and people are hailing him as the saviour, but reality is he is making one stupid decision after another.

Pakistan cricket is boring again. Thank you Misbah, I hope this loser gets a serious earful from fans where ever he goes.

If certain players dont perform Misbah himself will be under pressure to find a winning combination as he has all the power and thus he will be responsible for everything as well.

He has done MBA and also he has all the experience. He should be able to set his direction right in all circumstances. Otherwise it's consequences will be catastrophic.

Pakistanis got swayed by his British accent.... he has just copy pasted a domestic structure from elsewhere and people are hailing him as the saviour, but reality is he is making one stupid decision after another.

There are frauds and there are Wasim Khan levels of fraud.

All talk

Yes and Sarf should have been kicked out after WC, but Misbah the saviour chose to continue with him.
Why we can’t blame both rather only misbah. In the past only azhar ali was blamed for team failures yet the whole team was inexperienced at the time or some ttfs were having comebacks. Despite having better resources than 2015 bng series we kept losing and mickey/misbah/Inzi blames but sarfaraz is never blamed. Sarfaraz is more accountable for failures as a captain,batsman,keeper? Aren’t we hypocrites in this regard?

Back