Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Day 5 | Sharjah | 7/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
allah rahem karey. hope we dont loose any more wkt. Asad Shafiq will be tested here. if he fails, he wont be selected again for a longtime and if he does good so he will be selected so asad just neeeds to stick their and both misbah n asad should go for tuk tuk and draw this mathc.......

Big nick, shocker of a decision.. that's why Aleem iz da best. :aleemdar

Shafiq not a walker. :kami

They should start accelerating now, the ReqRR is getting tough..

Dont we just love calm soothing sleeping master misbah in a situation like this.

"When Pakistan came to Wellington, I had a ten minute conversation with Taufeeq Umar, but I wasn't concentrating on the conversation because I didn't know who he was. I kept going through the team roster in my head, and concluded that he was probably on of the support staff. But he has had a great series and I won't hesitate to pick him out of the crowd next time."

Lol the cricinfo commentator is hilarious!

And this gem as well:

"The draw should be taken out of Test cricket. This kind of cricket is horribly boring to follow. As an Australian, I'd rather see us lose giving the win our best shot, than this kind of negative cricket. Who wants to see batsmen with strike rates of 30 or below (other than the hardcore purists)?," says Mark. I don't agree - the hard-fought draw is a thing of beauty. This, I agree, isn't.

13 overs left to survive!

I guess weve left our worst batting peformance off the series till last!

Asad lookin very streaky.....mubarak to everyone for india's great performance today :))

"Just another comment to add - I think the upcoming Pakistan vs England Test series will be a good one to watch. A stable and rising Test side against the giants who can be horrendous at times and brilliant the rest of the time. England have shown how they can be tamed when not playing at home. I think Saeed Ajmal vs Graeme Swann will be the deciding factor for me." I'm already looking forward to it Tabish. My punt is that Pakistan will roast England. Or grind them at the very least.

Herath needs to start bowling grenades if he wants to remove misbah!

It's all but done. Rain and misbah, what a combination for the perfect draw

These two need to slow it down, T20 is ruining test cricket.

I'm going to make a montage on misbah ul haq with Sadda Haq as backdrop music

Big question, what will Misbah end up with today? Double figures or no double figures?

Adnan Akmal at Practice

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 53
It's actually ruining people's perceptions of what is possible on the 5th day in test cricket.

My post wasn't regarding that, was just making light of the situation.

But, as an aside FYI, 280 odd was chased pre-T20s, on the 5th day way back in 70s. :zaka

Asad Shafiq

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
Asad Shafiq at Practice

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 45
Lol! Cricinfo commentary strikes again!

"Here I've done the next over
49.1 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, no run, zzzzzzzz
49.2 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, no run, zzzzzzzz
49.3 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, no run, zzzzzzzz
49.4 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, no run, hits him on the pad. Umpire asleep.
49.5 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, 4 byes, zzzzzz, keeper sleeping too
49.6 Randiv to Asad Shafiq, no run, Randiv bowls the 30th maiden of the innings"

My post wasn't regarding that, was just making light of the situation.

But, as an aside FYI, 280 odd was chased pre-T20s, on the 5th day way back in 70s. :zaka

My post was meant to be light as well but with a hint of seriousness.

I know those chases used to occur, but now there is increased expectation.

oh for crying out loud just shake hands and call it a draw.

I hate it, I guess this is what is always to expect of Pakistan if the total is above 170 then its safe to say its a dull draw!

Pathetic mentality that, I rate Zims higher than Pakistan at the moment in Tests only for the sheer fact that they were faced with a inprobable target on the 5th day and same so close, they lost but they lost fighting and got so close!

Pakistan had 61 overs to get 255 runs and they still havnt even got a 100 yet, talk about having a go or trying to atleast get close to the target. Stupid pathetic.

I dnt wanna listen to but we r prone to collapses bcoz we aint, the truth is Pakistan are a rubbish team in this format and have been for a very long time.

I've had it with draws and 1-0 series wins!

At this rate we will drop down the ranks and teams like Zim, West Indies, Bangladesh will all be above Pakistan.

Taufeeq Umar

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    464.5 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back