Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Day 5 | Sharjah | 7/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could get very tricky now for Pakistan!

2 wickets down! Need a partnership and solid batting!

SL have a sniff here!

30/2

Azhar gone. Now they'll definitely shut up shop and bat for a draw. Not that they haven't been doing that since Hafeez's dismissal.

taufeeq's negativity rubbing off....azhar looked positive the first 2 balls he came in...then watching his senior partner play like a ***** at the other end has had a negative effect!

Taufeeq really is **** poor when playing any sort off spin bowling!

There was no need to go for the win after Hafeez got out. But these 2 just allowed the spinners to build pressure.

YK and Taufeeq need to bat till tea time now to start with!

48 overs is a long long time to bat out. Hit some 4s to get rid of close fielders.

Bullet Drive why are you so extreme?

10 minutes ago you were adamant 'Inshallah Pak will win this' e.t.c.
Now you say we will lose this.

Get real man. Throughout this innings, draw has been the most likely result. Accept it. We will not win or lose.

Abdur Rehman having a laugh on Adnan Akmal

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 50
Take out 20 minute to Tea, add the fact that it gets dark here at around 515. Pakistan just has another 2 hours 15 mins to survive. That would make it around one session, which i'm sure we can survive.

good riddance. We a re a coward team.

Why don't you get out there on a spinning track and score over 4rpo?

We have the series, no need to go for it after Hafeez was out.

This is the way you play test cricket. Otherwise you end up losing like Zimbabwe did.

SL are favourites here..... I hope they win and put our negative approach to shame

This is as gettable a target as they will get from another team declaring. They don't even need to be that aggressive. Simple placements to rotate the strike will get the job done.

It is clear to SL that Pakistan is going for the draw, so they can be as attacking in their field placements as they want without any risk of losing the match.

48 overs is a long long time to bat out. Hit some 4s to get rid of close fielders.

48 overs is too much lol. I'd be baffled if we get in even 35-40 overs from here. Its the light which plays the final factor in deciding, not the overs.

Why don't you get out there on a spinning track and score over 4rpo?

We have the series, no need to go for it after Hafeez was out.

This is the way you play test cricket. Otherwise you end up losing like Zimbabwe did.

stop being apologetic , we played ultra defensive for no reason. Old school cricket is good, but in old school cricket too not every delivery is dead batted.

They're just gonna be sitting ducks if they try to bat it out. Play some shots, relieve the pressure :facepalm:

I mean if you don't even go for a target of 250 odd at 4 an over, how the hell do you think of competing against top teams?

Let's be realistic, the tail hasn't been wagging in this series and Shafiq hasn't been in great form.

So basically after Misbah, the last 6 wickets could fall in 20 overs.

That's why they didn't go for it (and the fact that there are no naturally attacking players left)

pakistan just playing into Sl hands....no attempt to put off SLs plans!

Let's be realistic, the tail hasn't been wagging in this series and Shafiq hasn't been in great form.

That's why they didn't go for it (and the fact that there are no naturally attacking players left)

hmm You Misbah in Disguise?

They're just gonna be sitting ducks if they try to bat it out. Play some shots, relieve the pressure :facepalm:

I mean if you don't even go for a target of 250 odd at 4 an over, how the hell do you think of competing against top teams?

Last time I checked, SL was a top team

stop being apologetic , we played ultra defensive for no reason. Old school cricket is good, but in old school cricket too not every delivery is dead batted.

Yes, the way Azhar and Taufeeq play spin is not great.

But you can't blame them for not going for the win.

well at least be positive as Hafeez was!

Shafiq not in great form, which is why he was selected for all 3 tests.

Poor stuff from Pakistan.

Reading all these comments on Pakistan's progress in the second innings, it makes me wonder about the age of the people posting here. Personally I think that Pakistan had a plan to go for the target when they started. However, the run out of Hafiz changed the plans. Even if we win the series 1-0 with this team against Sri Lanka on the dead tracks of UAE, it will be a great achievement. You don't expect a team at the bottom of the test rankings to start dominating every series without any world class test bowler. Its all about small baby steps and gaining confidence with series wins. The series win in New Zealand and inshallah this win are the steps in the right direction.

This is what happens when you play so defensively, the opposition can have whomever they want around the bat. Pathetic from Pakistan.

Ok give me a team who has chased 250 runs in two sessions on a last day pitch. And ill gracefully accept, we cant play top teams :).

Ok give me a team who has chased 250 runs in two sessions on a last day pitch. And ill gracefully accept, we cant play top teams :).

Mate, this attack is so poor.

Name me a good bowler from there team on this dead wicket.

well at least be positive as Hafeez was!

Well they could have lost 2-3 more wickets that way and suddenly we're 4 down with that long tail as I said.

At that point, even if you want to draw, you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back