Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Day 5 | Sharjah | 7/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked, SL was a top team

When they had Murali, their bowling isn't half of what it used to be. But hey, we made North look like a legend, so guess Sir Herath and Sir Randiv earn their respect :danish

"Truly stunned that chasing 4 an over on a featherbed for just 60 overs was deemed to difficult before attempted.. a draw is a loss for both teams, not a win," says Harsha. (Bhogle?)

Our team mentality: If Hafeez gets going go for the win but if he gets out dead bat everything.

Mate, this attack is so poor.

Name me a good bowler from there team on this dead wicket.

I'll give you 2. Welegedra and Herath. Both have done well against other teams recently.

Randiv also did well against Aussies.

Reading all these comments on Pakistan's progress in the second innings, it makes me wonder about the age of the people posting here. Personally I think that Pakistan had a plan to go for the target when they started. However, the run out of Hafiz changed the plans. Even if we win the series 1-0 with this team against Sri Lanka on the dead tracks of UAE, it will be a great achievement. You don't expect a team at the bottom of the test rankings to start dominating every series without any world class test bowler. Its all about small baby steps and gaining confidence with series wins. The series win in New Zealand and inshallah this win are the steps in the right direction.

i am worrying about your age

new zealand are ranked below pakistan. zimbabwe almost beat them recently. no pride in this victory.

this is the worst sri lankan team for 15-16 years. 2 of of their 3 best batsmen have been out of form, and they have no Vaas and Murali.

their best bowler, Herath, is also not performing up to standard.

so, pakistan should have performed better than SL because of players like Gul, Ajmal, Misbah, Younis and Hafeez.

it has been a forgettable tour and pakistan will get a lot of flak for their defensive psyche. shame on misbah and the team management.

I can understand going for the draw, but am against dead batting every fricken thing. Try to put the bad balls away at least.

No-one should be getting any blame. Hafeez was the one that could have played his natural game and chased the target, but with him getting out, things were always going to slow down.

The criticism from the first test was that at least Hafeez could have gone for it before we started playing for a draw, and it seems as though we have learnt from that.

new zealand are ranked below pakistan. zimbabwe almost beat them recently. no pride in this victory.

this is the worst sri lankan team for 15-16 years. 2 of of their 3 best batsmen have been out of form, and they have no Vaas and Murali.

so, pakistan should have performed better than SL because of players like Gul, Ajmal, Misbah, Younis and Hafeez.

it has been a forgettable tour and pakistan will get a lot of flak for their defensive psyche. shame on misbah and the team management.

This is a top post.

Those saying this is a poor SL attack have we forgotten Marcus North and Harris ripping out batting out recently.

Mate, this attack is so poor.

Name me a good bowler from there team on this dead wicket.

True they dont, but lets not forget they shot us out for below 350 on this same dead wicket. Add to it the pressure of chasing, and incapability of our lower order, there was no chance to go for the win after Hafeez got out.

5 minutes excitement for a fan = a drawn series

It's not even that. You obviously need Test match players in Test format games, but sometimes having the likes Gilchrist, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Prior etc can change the game in your favour.

The opposition looks at that team and says, we better have players on the boundary otherwise this match could be over.

I think you just re-enforced my point with your comment :)

It's not even that. You obviously need Test match players in Test format games, but sometimes having the likes Gilchrist, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Prior etc can change the game in your favour.

The opposition looks at that team and says, we better have players on the boundary otherwise this match could be over.

U.Akmal is the man.

Yeah definitely, it's good to have a player who can play the big shots. I definitely think Umar Akmal should be in the team, but Afridi is one of the most careless batsmen around. Nobody really fears him anymore... I mean he might demoralize the opponents once in every hundred games he play, but that isn't reason enough to keep him in the team. Razzaq is past his prime too.

In this situation though, clearly it is the captain who has asked the players to play this way. I doubt Umar Akmal and Razzaq would have played aggressively if the captain didn't ask for it... Afridi only knows one way how to play

We dont produce good players of spin anymore. Gone are the days of Salim Malik, Javed, Inzi, Anwer and YK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back