Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Day 5 | Sharjah | 7/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to slit my wrists.....why are we not chasing and collapsing so we can feel good that we tried and lost

I think the instruction they got from misbah after hafeez was to build a great wall of china, but mangolian srilankans found a way to get in.

I think the instruction they got from misbah after hafeez was to build a great wall of china, but mangolian srilankans found a way to get in.

So what chance do you think they would have had to get in without the wall?

egads!....younis strike rate is lower than taufeeq's! burn him at the stake!

We never try to win, it comes as a suprise sometimes when we are on our way to draw.

Right, we never try to win...

Yet we're winning the series here.
Won against NZ.
Won a test to level against WI.

How about you complain about not going for an improbable win when we're down 1-0 in the series or if it's 0-0?

Disgraceful cricket from pakistan! How dare they play for a draw and attempt to win yet another Test series. Seriously this Misbah guy is one **** captain and should resign due to fact we arent collapsing or losing test series with reckless but exciting cricket!

:)

Disgraceful cricket from pakistan! How dare they play for a draw and attempt to win yet another Test series. Seriously this Misbah guy is one **** captain and should resign due to fact we arent collapsing or losing test series with reckless but exciting cricket!

:)

Playing for a draw leads to what just happend now :)

Right, we never try to win...

Yet we're winning the series here.
Won against NZ.
Won a test to level against WI.

How about you complain about not going for an improbable win when we're down 1-0 in the series or if it's 0-0?

Yah , Win is a surprise. Whats the reason of blocking easily score-able deliveries and juicy half volleys which only build pressure on our batsmen?
Got logic opologist? Who defends a juicy half volley?

34 overs to go, 7 wickets left. Pakistan ain't winning this, SL likely winners if any.

Enough with this pathetic match. I am not watching this match anymore .:facepalm:

Younis goes and here are srilanka chance to win. Lets see if a great wall of china works now.

Oh well Skipper needs to come out and do a job here!

We have a very long tail so need to be very careful now! No more wickets in this session please!

Pak 57/3

Yah , Win is a surprise. Whats the reason of blocking easily score-able deliveries and juicy half volleys which only build pressure on our batsmen?
Got logic opologist? Who defends a juicy half volley?

Look, Younis just tried to play a fullish ball and because of this pitch, got out.

It's not easy out there.

hmm.....i expect the post match fan analysis to be typically shallow
we lost because we were defensive....

Enough with this pathetic match. I am not watching this match anymore .:facepalm:

You cant watch the match either (ind v windies) as there are a couple of Misbahs in action there too.

That was a positive shot!!

And why did he do that randomly for?

2 reasons.

1) Lapse in concentration
2) Pressure on defending and blocking half volleys, not rotating strike and eventually trying to score off one that wasn't there.

Don't be so negative!

One one hand you expect Pakistan to win and on the other don't have faith in them to draw :facepalm:

How contradictory is that!

Obviously, look at the game state.

We were in a position to win first, now we ain't.

And why did he do that randomly for?

2 reasons.

1) Lapse in concentration
2) Pressure on defending and blocking half volleys, not rotating strike and eventually trying to score off one that wasn't there.

Do you really think those reasons apply to a player like YK?!

Pak 61/3 @ Tea.

If these two bat through 1st hour off the next session both skippers can agree to call game off early and a draw!

So that should be pakistans target.

Pak 61/3 @ Tea.

If these two bat through 1st hour off the next session both skippers can agree to call game off early and a draw!

Tell you now, Dilshan won't call off for a draw.

1-0 down, he won't.

Pak 61/3 @ Tea.

Dilshan is not going to agree to a draw.

Obviously, look at the game state.

We were in a position to win first, now we ain't.

So looking at the game state what do you think were the chances of a win after Hafeez got out?

If they had gone for the win, then they would probably have been at around 100-120 by now but probably would have lost more than 4 wickets.

At that point it's too late to be confident to be able to draw.
It's not worth the risk.

if they get wickat early , pak will collapse
I hope Pak will remain solid and get the series win INSHALLAH:azhar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back