Pakistan v Sri Lanka | World T20 | Final | Lords | 21/6/09 [Pak Inns]

Afridi on strike.. would be fitting for him to get the winning runs. Even a single would do but i prefer a 6 :afridi

Congratulations everyone my fellow Pakistanis
The innings that Afridi played today is how he should have always played...well there is still time, from now on he should always play with same mentality and temperament.
Well done Pakistan Zindabad

shoaib said to afridi please stay on the wicket if you stay on the wicket i will also get some runs :p

Men In Green U Make Us Proud Once Again .................. Pakistan Zindabad

Did anybody believe (never mind hope) that Pakistan
would win the World Cup, with 8 wickets and an over
to spare ?.

Pakistani players played their hearts out and it seemed
that they were, uncharacteristically, united and played
with team spirit.

And that's the moral of this whole episode. When we are
united, we are unbeatable. All the rest of the world, with
their million dollar cricketing machines, went down in flames
against us.

Unity --- Faith --- Discipline

Ma'shallah, congratulations to the Pakistani team and the
people of Pakistan.

congrats everybody herea nd congrats everybody back home and a huge hug for afridi bhai...we will always remember this victory and above all the great performance of Afridi through out this tournament. Without you Afridi bhai it would be difficult for us to win this WC. Again thanks for giving our poor nation so much happiness. We're proud of you guys.

yeah i did i always thought pakistan was favorite for this match ...but it got tight in the end ..Pakistan Zindabad

Momo said:
This is the consolation prize.

Afridi deserved it.

whats the point of player of the tournament when you score a 0 in the final your team loses and you still get the award...how boogus is that...

instead afridi was the best all rounder in the tournament....

Well Dilshan got it as he was outstanding with the bat (300+ runs at 52 average and 144 SR). Afridi got 180+ runs but also 11 wickets at low ER

Yiiiiiiippppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos To Younus Khan And His Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol enland girls were celebrating with pakistan guys(men team)
kammy i think wanted to run away, but his team mates got hold of him

Despite only watching till the boys received the trophy, i would just like to commend them for there great sportsmanship and the humble manner in which they reacted after winning the game. Nothing over the top, unlike two years ago when you had players taking their shirts off, and acting like fools.

Well Done BOYS. Mohammad Younus Khan, sir you have surely led from the front like the man you wanted to follow. Also a big congratz, to uncle Inti Alam, for again coaching a Pakistan team for World Cup success. Gotta give credit where it is due, even if we dont know how much input he has.

Thanks Afrdi, Mohammed Ammer,Gul,Akmal,Malik ,Razzak, Fawad ALam, MIsbah ,Shazaib,Ajmal CAPTAIN FANTASTIC YOUNIS KHAN All the team SQUAD.

hashman said:
Despite only watching till the boys received the trophy, i would just like to commend them for there great sportsmanship and the humble manner in which they reacted after winning the game. Nothing over the top, unlike two years ago when you had players taking their shirts off, and acting like fools.

Well Done BOYS. Mohammad Younus Khan, sir you have surely led from the front like the man you wanted to follow. Also a big congratz, to uncle Inti Alam, for again coaching a Pakistan team for World Cup success. Gotta give credit where it is due, even if we dont know how much input he has.

Absolutelyy... It was a kind of sweet celebration by Pakistani players..nothing over the top..no arrogant attitudes!

Back