Pakistan v West Indies | 3rd Test | Sharjah | Oct 30-Nov 3, 2016 | Day 1

Abdul

ODI Debutant
Runs
Pakistan Squad

Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Imran Khan, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Nawaz (3), Rahat Ali, Sami Aslam, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar

West Indies Squad

JO Holder*, KC Brathwaite, D Bishoo, J Blackwood, CR Brathwaite, DM Bravo, RL Chase, ML Cummins, SO Dowrich†, ST Gabriel, SD Hope, LR Johnson, AS Joseph, MN Samuels, JA Warrican

So, Pakistan have won all the tosses. No wonder they are so dominant in the UAE.

It's insane how we always win the toss, though I'm not complaining lol.

Misbah might have some sort of record now with the amount of tosses won haha.

Azhar 2nd duck in this series?

We lacking a batsman and I'd take seeing a huge collapse just to show playing nawaz over babar was a dumb choice

And as expected

Out

1-2 pakistan

2 ducks here

Excellent start by the WI

So much for Azhar Ali and Shafiq being Pakistan's best batsmen, the first of challenging conditions and both looking all at sea and out for ducks.

Pakistan are not going to do well in aus/nz with 5 batsman
They need 6 and babar should be there
4 bowlers
1 wk

Azhar/yk can bowl a couple between them

So much for Azhar Ali and Shafiq being Pakistan's best batsmen, the first of challenging conditions and both looking all at sea and out for ducks.

Take it easy. What about the 3rd Test in England. The ball was moving around and Azhar played quite beautifully. You won't be able to tell from the highlights. If you saw that whole innings you'd see how well he left and defended the ball.

[MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION] this is a better surface isn't it. A bit more pace and bounce. Decent crowd too at least I can hear them :)))

How has Azhar batted apart from that tripple ton?

Kneejerk reactions again on PP. Azhar and Asad both got great deliveries at the very start of the innings. Even Lara and Tendulkar were vulnerable right at the start. It's ok. You can't expect Azhar and Asad to score every innings every match.

Asad Shafiq will not survive playing at #3. His game is not good enough for #3. Try him at #4 or send him back to #6.

Both competing on getting run out here

Kneejerk reactions again on PP. Azhar and Asad both got great deliveries at the very start of the innings. Even Lara and Tendulkar were vulnerable right at the start. It's ok. You can't expect Azhar and Asad to score every innings every match.

yes they were pretty good deliveries to be fair but still 2 of your main bats down in first over isnt a good look

It's okay . . good test for the team to be under pressure right from the get go . . lets see if they are able to come out of this! All of such situations test a teams mettle.

Very much like Gabriel, he is better than other Pakistani fast bowlers

That was a nightmare of a delivery that Shafiq got. Over 145 and seamed off an almost perfect length. Seam movement is the worst type of movement for a batsman.

yes they were pretty good deliveries to be fair but still 2 of your main bats down in first over isnt a good look

Yeah but how many times have we been 2 down in an innings in the first over in the UAE. Sometimes it happens. Everybody should cut the guys some slack. WE are not playing against ourselves. The other team is also there to play.

While its only been a few innings for him at 3, I'm not quite sold on Shafiq playing at that position. Personally, I think 4 or 5 may be better in the long term.

That was a nightmare of a delivery that Shafiq got. Over 145 and seamed off an almost perfect length. Seam movement is the worst type of movement for a batsman.
Don't try to sugarcoat it. Asad Shafiq still has the same weaknesses which were mentioned long time ago. He has still not fixed those issues with his batting technique :facepalm:

Enjoying this. Batsmen finally being tested by pace.

Sami should just leave the balls outside off instead of dabbing the ball towards gully region.

Misbah kept his buddy Zulfi in the XI. I think, YK is the main problem - he is the only guy who can give Misbah mental & spiritual company, but he is too arogant to do so; hence Misbah has to pick someone contemporary, otherwise he'll be left aloof. Zulfi's main job is to give Misbah company.

Nawaz has to score at least a 50 here to justify his selection

Misbah kept his buddy Zulfi in the XI. I think, YK is the main problem - he is the only guy who can give Misbah mental & spiritual company, but he is too arogant to do so; hence Misbah has to pick someone contemporary, otherwise he'll be left aloof. Zulfi's main job is to give Misbah company.
Misbah and Zulfi don't exactly field in the same area, or bat in similar positions so they're unlikely to be able to provide much company to each other on the field. If he needs his company so much, just keep him in the dressing room :))

A bouncy pitch can make cricket exciting even in the desert. Hope they change one of the wickets at least.

First Sammy and now Holder. Two test captains who don't even make the team on merit. :))

Was never bothered after 1/2.

We will still rack up 400+ very easily.

Tons coming up by hopefully both these men.

By the way, why has Rahat been left out, and why has Imran still not gotten a game? Best pacers back for the dead rubber?

As I have mentioned before - both Azhar and Asad lack consistency so I am not surprised at all both got dismissed for ducks...

Ramiz "Younis Khan was miles outside his crease.............got back in time"

Rambo should just quit commentating :facepalm:

Pitches = poor
Outfields = bad
Crowds = Non existent

It really takes a cricket fanatic to watch cricket in the UAE . . poor advert for the sport not just test cricket.

Pitches = poor
Outfields = bad
Crowds = Non existent

It really takes a cricket fanatic to watch cricket in the UAE . . poor advert for the sport not just test cricket.

Exactly !! and this is where it separates real fans from pretenders. Test cricket all the way !!

By the way, why has Rahat been left out, and why has Imran still not gotten a game? Best pacers back for the dead rubber?

Only logic I can see is we don't have a warm up before the 1st test vs. NZ.

So, they want the main pacers to get a proper game in before leaving.

It will be amazing to see Younis in NZ/Australia

His performance at the end will be remembered against quality fast bowling in unfamiliar conditions

both Azhar and Asad got good deliveries so I am not worried. they got out by surprise but I think In Aus and Nz they will be prepared for such stuff.

We'll get to know all these shers in the next 5 test matches :D

Recently in England, the pitches weren't that quick or bouncy apart from last test.

Doesn't matter. Sami deserves a lot of credit for the way he batted in England and how he's batting now

Just need 360+. Hope Sami gets a maiden hundred here and Nawaz a maiden fifty.

Expecting a snoozefest now. Sami Aslam doesn't accelerate his innings at all. He will play the same way when he is on 0 or when he's at 60.

Back