Pakistan vs Australia | 2nd ODI | Sharjah | Mar 24, 2019 | Pakistan Innings

Post World cup yes but currently haris running between the wickets is atrocious and he will take too long to get going at number 4. We need more urgency at that number- which is why I want sarfaraz to bat there (or even maybe malik ) to take on the spin.

Top 2 or 3 is fine for haris as you will have dot balls and get more boundaries in first ten

Sarfraz first has to average more than 10 to bat at 4.

finally, an opportunity for rizwan

I dont agree with it- but hope he does well now he is here.
We should be giving game time to guys who have a chance of being in our squad. Malik should have come in to take control of the game.
I was fine with hime down the order last game to get faheem , imad more overs.

You need to play your best XI regardless of batting hand.

England play Roy, Hales, Bairstow and Root in top 4. They're clueless too?

Right handers aren't as easy to tie up as lefties lol.

England play Mogan at 4 :)) . Bairstow and Roy have been the main combination. Hales comes in when there's an injury for 1 of the top 3.

Literally every team try to have right hand and left hand combination in the side.

Rizwan playing at his normal domestic and Pakistan A spot showing how important it is to play a player at his number or dont select pr judge him at all.

Rizwan has already done more than he would ever had at number 7, 8.

Haris needs to develop a power game to take his batting to the next level.

The best ODI batsmen not only can play conventional ground shots but also can clear the boundaries.

Haris needs to develop a power game to take his batting to the next level.

The best ODI batsmen not only can play conventional ground shots but also can clear the boundaries.

This is where he lacks and why he will always be a better test player.

3 lefties at the top of the order is just more signs of how clueless our think tank is. In these conditions you need to try and have a right hand and left hand combination.

Babar normally bat at #3.

Imam has played a handful of ODIs, doesn't need to be rested.
Shan has been on the bench for a while and deserves a go.
Haris is the only one in this squad who is a capable batsman for #3.

This is just a test lineup anyway, everyone knows Babar will be back in the top 3. Don't see what the issue is.

I dont know why but I always wanted to try Umar Akmal as an opener for few games. He was an opener in his U19 days. We have seen how Rohit’s career when he was averaging 29 was revolutionalized when Dhoni made the call to make him open.

Umar surely has shots and technique to be tried at thay spot but, considering how we are lacking firepower in the middle I dont think we will see that happen.

These outfields are a joke but why would Richardson dive with a Ashes and WC coming up? So sad if he misses out because of injury.

his injury had nothing to do with the outfield but you couldn't miss an opportunity to criticize.

Rizzy looking like the RIzzy of 2015 today. He scored a few fifties in 2015.

This is how much of a difference your batting position makes. He has always batted in the top 4,5, he wouldnt have suddenly become a big hitter, finisher by just batting him at no 7.

Malik testing others as if he is a sure starter in WC playing X1. Lmao!

All 3 of Umar, Haris and even Rizwan are better than him. Atleast Rizzo is a clutch player despite some technical problems.

Malik testing others as if he is a sure starter in WC playing X1. Lmao!

All 3 of Umar, Haris and even Rizwan are better than him. Atleast Rizzo is a clutch player despite some technical problems.

I guess we should appreciate him for that because he isnt worrying about himself rather developing young players. Hopefully he can bring in some good strategies in the field as well.

Right handers aren't as easy to tie up as lefties lol.

England play Mogan at 4 :)) . Bairstow and Roy have been the main combination. Hales comes in when there's an injury for 1 of the top 3.

Literally every team try to have right hand and left hand combination in the side.

Bolded part doesn't make any sense. How did you arrive at this theory?

I think, Babar needs to open now, otherwise they can't accommodate both Haris & Umar in middle order. Also, this series probably has saved Fakhar's WC prospect and he'll be picked for ENG series - has to make that count.

Babar, one of the 3 lefti
Haris, Umar, one of the 2 Buzurg
Sarfraz+*
Imad, Faheem
Amir, Hasan, Shaheen

Two glaring gaps are - 1. a top quality spinner. 2. Missing a master batsman at 3-4. Haris & Umar are just not in the class of Kohli, Root, Will, Smith. In fact, Faf, Hetmyer, Mushi has been much more productive than PAK's No. 4, which has been Hafeez or Malik often.

Fakhar
Babar
Haris
should be our top 3.

Babar has showed in t20s that he is an even better player in power plays as he relies playing proper shots and finding gaps.

Best way to go I think is have Babar and Fakhar open with Haris at 3.

Babar opening can be good but I dont think Mickey has been thinking this way and now this close to the world cup it looks unlikely.

I guess we should appreciate him for that because he isnt worrying about himself rather developing young players. Hopefully he can bring in some good strategies in the field as well.

Hmm yeah can appreciate that but i found it worrying too as if Malik and coach have decided he will make the WC 15 squad even though he looks the weakest link in middle order and others are out performing him plus his record in last tournament in Eng was poor too.

Sarfraz
Fakhar
Babar
Haris
Umar
Hafeez
Imad
Shadab
Hasnain
Shaheen
Hasan

Sarfraz should open

Good to see Rizwan shutting up the usual suspects. He is much a better player than what he has shown in international cricket so far. Certainly has a much higher ceiling than sweeper Sarfaraz.

However, he has been short on confidence and sending him at 4 was a good decision. It has allowed him to play himself in without going for the big shots early in his innings.

Hopefully he can get a 50+ score here to further boost his confidence, but he has already done enough in this innings to bat with more confidence and purpose over the next few games. Nevertheless, it will be a shame if I jinx him into a dismissal now, although I don't have the talent for that.

Babar opening can be good but I dont think Mickey has been thinking this way and now this close to the world cup it looks unlikely.

Our planning has been really poor. Malik is clearly a weak link in middle order and i have my doubts over Imam and his tuk tuk in power plays even though he scored in SA.

We should have tried different combinations and strategies earlier rather than now :/

Shah looked good. Always plays with ease and I think there’s a big score to come. I think we should play him in the World Cup..

Sarfraz
Fakhar
Babar
Haris
Umar
Hafeez
Imad
Shadab
Hasnain
Shaheen
Hasan

Sarfraz should open

I think Sarfaraz isn’t technically solid enough to be consistent as an opener. The best he has been is at no 4,5 but with so many middle order options I think he might have to bat low.

Want to see him bat against proper fast bowlers like Richardson and Coulter Nile. His balance js awful against anything above 135+kph

Yeah balance against express pace is probably his biggest problem. Richardson is injured so he has a chance now to score big.

What the hell was that ?? Giving such a soft wicket to Finch :facepalm:

I think Sarfaraz isn’t technically solid enough to be consistent as an opener. The best he has been is at no 4,5 but with so many middle order options I think he might have to bat low.

Doesn't matter, our openers end up leaving early anyway.

Sarfraz in the middle and lower is useless

This what can also happen when you show no intent against a pie chucker. His dismissal might be a blessing in disguise as he's batted selfishly thus far this series.

Deserved to get out for playing buzdil against finch rather than be aggressive against the 6th bowler. Joke play and 100% deserved

Haris was looking good for another big knock. Bad wicket to lose.

Good to see Rizwan shutting up the usual suspects. He is much a better player than what he has shown in international cricket so far. Certainly has a much higher ceiling than sweeper Sarfaraz.

However, he has been short on confidence and sending him at 4 was a good decision. It has allowed him to play himself in without going for the big shots early in his innings.

Hopefully he can get a 50+ score here to further boost his confidence, but he has already done enough in this innings to bat with more confidence and purpose over the next few games. Nevertheless, it will be a shame if I jinx him into a dismissal now, although I don't have the talent for that.

Before that dreadful AUS tour, he had a stats like 33/95, which is more than enough for a No. 6 WK. But, now I don't think he'll go to WC - Umar will be back-up WK.

This what can also happen when you show no intent against a pie chucker. His dismissal might be a blessing in disguise as he's batted selfishly thus far this series.

It's not selfish when the coach and the captain tells you to bat carefully till the end.

With Maxwell & Zampa almost certain in WC squad, Aussies are trying to cover the SLAO spin overs from Finch.

A good opportunity for Umar again. He has 30 plus overs to bat . Need an innings of substance from him, he has time to build and accelerate.

He has had two good opportunities. Did well In the first match and now needs to make this count as well.

Back