Pakistan Vs England 1st Test Day 2 thread [13/11/05]

ha ok , Taz i think all the commentators are against afridi being dropped, ive visited a few english cric forums and they seem to be buzzing because afridi is not playing.

Adeel786 said:
bera is usless with changed action. no swing , no bounce, no speed.

How true. Rana, Gul or even Asif or Arafat should replace him. Hell I'd rather have Razzaq than him now. Afridi needs to come in for sure, probably for Razzaq.

With three full days left, I can clearly see england being left with a small target to chase in their seond innings with ample time.

Shabbir is bowling absolute crap. Looks like he can't be bothered. People like afridi and rana have a passion to play for their country and don't go "through the motions" like sami and shabbir.

Beeeraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Ai lai [Edit by Mods: Nadeem Bhai - easy !] collingwood jaa ke duss apni maa nuu 3-0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr 3-0 gone. Something to be happy about (and no I haven't changed my mind about beera). Tresco is making us pay for billy's incompetence in that lbw on 45ish

Shabbir to Collingwood, out Caught by Akmal!! Persistence has paid, just outside off and a bit of late movement, Collingwood was pushing hard at the ball, gets a thick edge and Akmal dives to his right and completes the catch! P Collingwood c K Akmal b S Ahmed 10(34) 4s-1 6s-0

According to bold print, even if he was slow, he was consistently bowling a good line and got the wicket..

Then why is eevryone saying he's bowling rubbish?

Hoggard will score a hundred tomorrow ! Pak really need to get a hold of the situation now !

Bring back Akhtar and Sami. Tell them to go flat out!

That would be too easy - lets try Younis now and see if he can let Hoggard settle in... :(

If Shoiab bowls - bad light will stop play....

MenInGreen said:
If Shoiab bowls - bad light will stop play....

yep akthar hits tresco with bouncer and off they go....

67.6 Akhtar to Trescothick, no run, short one directed to the body, Trescothick looks to get away, takes a hard blow on his shoulders

Did that feel good ?

yar Shabbir just took the wicket of Colli, give him another over. But this [Akhtar] is proving useless

Last edited by a moderator:
The second day honors also goes to England . Tomorrow's first session is very crucial .Pak bowlers must attack Trescothick and must not allow him to accumulate ,otherwise England will pile up a huge total .Pakistan should restrict England to less than 350 ,otheriwse if England takes a lead of 150+ then it is very difficult for Pakistan to be back in the game .

tahaqureshi said:
Shabbir to Collingwood, out Caught by Akmal!! Persistence has paid, just outside off and a bit of late movement, Collingwood was pushing hard at the ball, gets a thick edge and Akmal dives to his right and completes the catch! P Collingwood c K Akmal b S Ahmed 10(34) 4s-1 6s-0

According to bold print, even if he was slow, he was consistently bowling a good line and got the wicket..

Then why is eevryone saying he's bowling rubbish?

Because he was bowling rubbish, he was bowling dibbly dobbly medium pace with no bounce or seam movement and one of the reason his economy rate was so good is because the batsmen could leave most of his deliveries alone because they were well wide off offstump. He was very disappointing

seems like my predictions are coming true. isaid England will be 70 odd without a b4 lunch. they were 72/1 so i got half right half wrong. then i said 3rd wkt will under 250. so it did. also i said 2nd will fall under 200. and it fell on 198. :D

Last edited:
Rana can bowl at 90mph when he really wants to but he prefers to bowl within himself so he can be much more accurate and it means he can swing the new ball much more effectively

we are in deep ****. c'mon boyz get up and strike back. don't give up boyz, time to hump the english.

i think shaabir bowled good line but at slow speed even afridi can bowl that speed
we need all our bowler bowling good line and length with good speed
not like shoaib or sami all over the place

no ball should NOT happen specailly spinners

can anybody tell me why we play one 2 or 3 test match series??
why not 5 match series?

Rana Banana said:
who's the fastest bowler from the following:
Rana
Gul
shabbir ahmed
mo asif
Rana Banana said:
Sorry the question was who is the fastest in order
1?
2?
3?
4?

1 - Rana Naveed - has come close to 150kph (in Australia) - usual highest at 145kph
2 + 3 - Close one between Asif and Gul - both can hit low 140kph - but both usually (from what i've seen so far) in the 130s kph
4 - Shabbir Ahmed - has slowed down after his new action - high 120s kph - low-mid 130s kph

looking at whats hapened so far i think in the next match rana and afridi will come in for raza and shabbir.

Back